PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Transitions Show

CarlyHardy
09-01-2008, 09:55 PM
The 2008 Members Only Online Show is now open!

You will find it by going to the homepage for the Oil Pastel Society at

www.oilpastelsociety.com

and clicking on the link at the top of the page.

Enjoy the show!

carly:clap:

lvedrene
09-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Its great that so many are using this versatile and vibrant medium. I sincerely hope that having an Oil Pastel society will continually attract a higher caliber of artists. If you keep this up I may have to join.

CarlyHardy
09-05-2008, 05:20 PM
lvedrene,
I hope that you will join us!! Now's a good time since everyone who joins from now until next year won't owe dues again until January, 2010!!

By the way, the top award winners have been posted on the front page of the site. Hope this helps everyone in finding the show more easily!

carly

robertsloan2
11-17-2008, 12:06 PM
I looked through the whole show and was impressed with everything. Very glad to see the Honorable Mentions and some of the other beautiful works that were entered and didn't win anything. The show is inspiring!

When is the next show? I didn't find anything on what time of year the show is held or when the theme gets announced, or what the rules of the OPS annual competition are. I'm looking forward to entering next year and it's a thrill to know it's online -- the judge's statement let me know the entries are online so I don't have to worry about shipping a large piece of art somewhere. It was interesting to see all the variations on the theme too.

Pat Isaac
11-17-2008, 05:20 PM
Hi Robert,
The show is usually held over the summer or early fall. All members get information about the upcoming show with rules and how to enter. It is open to all members and some guidelines will change for next year, but it is a members show and all will be represented. Not to worry you will know when the time is.

Pat

robertsloan2
11-24-2008, 11:28 PM
Thanks! I am looking forward to it so much.

Scarefishcrow
11-26-2008, 09:38 PM
Its great that so many are using this versatile and vibrant medium. I sincerely hope that having an Oil Pastel society will continually attract a higher caliber of artists. If you keep this up I may have to join.

lvedrene,
Sorry for missing your post until now, but I wanted to also let you know that we would love to have you join and participate. If you joined that would obviously contribute to the high caliber of the membership!

We would also love to have you check out the other forums in the OP Channel. Clicking on the "IMPORTANT INFO" link in my signature line will take you to a document giving you and overview of what's available.

We have a great bunch of folks and a wonderful time.

Bill:wave: