PDA

View Full Version : Transitions Show ?

RainySea
09-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Hello,

I've been very eager for the opening day of the Transitions show, but when I went to the site, I cannot find it. Is it still scheduled to open today? Or is there a link to it that I missed? :confused:

Thanks!!! Can't wait to see it. :)

Rainy

Pat Isaac
09-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Hi Rainy,

It is supposed to come up sometime today. I don't see it yet though. Patience...

Pat

RainySea
09-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Thanks, Pat. . . I'll try more patience :)

I am hopeful that next year I'll be entering some of my own!! I do see some improvement although I have a long way to go, too.

RainySea
09-01-2008, 08:37 PM
YAY!!!! Its up now! I am going to go spend some time admiring them all.

Scarefishcrow
09-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Hi Rainy, lots of us have a long way to go, so we can all go together. Right.

I'll bet you'll have something to enter next year!!!!

And if anybody doubts the versatility of OP and what you can do with it, just take a look at the show!

Let's dream big, one day it won't be an "online" show, but OPS will grow and eventually have meetings and a "hung" show! Now wouldn't that be awesume???

Bill:thumbsup:

Pat Isaac
09-02-2008, 03:25 PM
I would love to see that happen...

Pat

Scarefishcrow
09-03-2008, 07:41 PM
I would love to see that happen...

Pat

If it ever does, Pat, you were certainly one of the few that were involved in planting the seed and nurturing the sprout. We need to get enthusiastic members like Rainy more involved and get the membership excited about the society and getting it to grow.

We can't depend on just a handful of folks to carry the load forever.

If we had more dialog among members here where they have a place to interract then maybe more good things wwould happen.

A tiny spark can eventually create a roaring fire.

I noticed that children's book illustrator Will Hildebrand(sp?) will be featured in the next Artists Magazine in how he uses OP to create the illustrations from his storyboards.

That's progress.

Bill

RainySea
09-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Thanks, Bill, for the vote of confidence. I think that will be my goal for the year, to make something to enter in that show!! Anyone else wanna? :)

BTW, are there any local OP society or groups that anyone knows of. Sure would be cool if there were. Thanks for the tip on that magazine article, Bill. . . I don't subscribe to it but will see if I can find it on the newstand.

BTW, another of my goals is to send in my bio and some paintings to OP Society so they can make a page for me. Do you have a page there yet, Bill?

serenasocean
09-04-2008, 12:14 AM
I'd love to join you, Rainy :) Hopefully I can make something of that caliber!

I don't know where you are exactly, but I know that Chicago has a local OPS.

:)

Pat Isaac
09-04-2008, 07:48 AM
The only other one I know of is in Maine near Kennebunk. They have an Oil Pastel Society of Maine.
I'll be watching for that article, Bill.

Pat

RainySea
09-11-2008, 07:58 PM
Thanks, Pat. . . btw, congrats to you on your award in the show!

Pat Isaac
09-12-2008, 09:01 AM
Thanks, Rainy.

Pat