PDA

View Full Version : I dreamed I was painting

Hiraeth
09-01-2008, 09:13 AM
And man, was I good! :lol:

I dreamed I was in my front yard, painting cone flowers and lavender and my son told me that my invited guests had arrived. I had forgotten that I had invited anyone over. There was no food prepared, not even a cup of coffee or a pot of tea. The house (which, thankfully, looked nothing like my own) was dusty and messy and smelled of dogs.

It was like one of those dreams where your clothes are too small and you can't find your shoes. Frustrating and disjointed.

And all I wanted to do was go back outside and paint.

Silly, eh?

Oh, the funny thing was that as I was painting, there was no evidence of water or paints or palates or anything, just a magic brush that changed colors and size and shape as I needed. If only it could be that easy!

quills
09-01-2008, 10:24 AM
A true Artist's dream that's how you have all these great ideas Kim :wave:

Hiraeth
09-01-2008, 12:24 PM
You are very kind.:)

A true Artist's dream that's how you have all these great ideas Kim :wave:

InkyEss
09-02-2008, 01:59 AM
Kim, sounds kind of like you tuned in to my life! Ha-ha! :lol: Here I neglect everything in order to have time to paint and I'm only at my happiest when painting. The sad part is I don't get much time to paint as I work fulltime, so when I am not at work I use all the time I can to paint.

I am lucky in that I have an understanding family who do the housework, cooking & stuff and remind me when visitors are coming or when I need to stop and eat.

One thing Kim, I wouldn't mind a loan of that brush!:D

Hiraeth
09-02-2008, 07:35 AM
Hee, Sharon! Too funny!:D

If I had a magic brush, I would not be stingy with it and keep it only for myself. I would share it with anyone and everyone so that I could see what was inside that artist. That's the lovely thing about art and artists and why I'm enjoying hanging out here in the calligraphy forum so much.

It seems to me that for the most part, people who produce art in any form are nearly always generous and willing to share. I think it's because, unlike the really good cook who doesn't want to share her recipe because then it would no longer be hers, we know that whatever we share or show to others can never truly be reproduced by another because it comes from the heart and not from the materials or techniques.

I had become so stagnant and set in my ways over the years now I'm seeing thing afresh and willing to try new things.

For that, I thank you all!

Kim, sounds kind of like you tuned in to my life! Ha-ha! :lol: Here I neglect everything in order to have time to paint and I'm only at my happiest when painting. The sad part is I don't get much time to paint as I work fulltime, so when I am not at work I use all the time I can to paint.

I am lucky in that I have an understanding family who do the housework, cooking & stuff and remind me when visitors are coming or when I need to stop and eat.

One thing Kim, I wouldn't mind a loan of that brush!:D

TessDB
09-02-2008, 08:37 AM
Did you ever read "Liang and the Magic Paintbrush?" It's a wonderful Chinese legend about a little boy who is too poor to buy a paintbrush, but being an artist is what he wants to be... Anyway, he gets a magic paintbrush and what he paints becomes real. It was one of my favorites as a kid... :)

It's good that you're feeling so inspired and trying new things! :thumbsup:

Rosemary

InkyEss
09-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Hee, Sharon! Too funny!:D

It seems to me that for the most part, people who produce art in any form are nearly always generous and willing to share.

Kim, I have yet to meet an artist who is not willing to share their knowledge or give advice (both here online and also in real life). They truly seem to be very lovely people.:heart:

For myself, what little I know I am happy to share simply because I want EVERYONE to experience the joy I feel when I paint and to my non-artist friends/family I think I must be the most boring person because all I ever seem to talk about is art and trying to convert them! :lol:
Rosemary, I have never read it but I love the sound of that story.:clap: