PDA

View Full Version : Any comments on my website....

helderglaskunst
08-29-2008, 08:44 AM
Hello Everybody,

i'm a dutch glassartist who has her own website since several years.
It is time to make an Englisch version as well, but first i would like your opinion.

Have a look at : http://www.helderglaskunst.nl

Thanks, Kim ten Oever

2 Toucans
09-01-2008, 01:16 AM
I like it. Simple Understated elegance. Clean lines...Very nice and easy to follow..:thumbsup:

Lorraine

helderglaskunst
09-09-2008, 01:35 PM
.sooo...i only need the change the dutch words and make it in Englisch?

That is doable.

THanks!:D

glassbakerinc
09-16-2008, 05:31 PM
Google will sometimes automatically translate the language on the webpage, but I think you may need to have code built in for language translation. One useful website you can use to find answers like that is: thesitewizard.com
Good luck

hieronimus
01-14-2010, 08:44 AM
ziet er mooi uit

groetjes uit Belgie

Muzzio
03-13-2010, 06:25 PM
Hi Kim,

I have a couple comments. I think your site is well done, but there are two things I would like to be different. The first is that I think your gallery menu is too cumbersome.. too many scrolling and clicking requirements with only 6 photos available per link. I know this might be hard to change, but it would allow people to look at a lot more of your work. Just to get an overview of all the works on your site a user has to scroll and click on the little links 19 times (I counted)... That's 19 times just to be able to see all the thumbnails. It's doubtful that anyone will scroll-click 19 times, even if they do want to see all your work.

My second issue is that I want to see much larger photos of the work but it doesn't seem that any are available. This would be nice if possible.

Ok, those are my comments.. I hope they are useful in some way.

Keep up the good work.

breeze22
03-25-2010, 12:16 AM
Hi Kim

Great work on the site, they can take so long to do. It has a clean fresh look and I like the size of the photos, for me this works.

My only comments would be that on the Home page, the tabs to the pages are at the bottom of my browser and it makes it difficult to wrangle with the mouse at the bottom of the page and I seem to loose some of the tabs to pages. Also I would make the writing slightly bigger for non-visual beings (especially after 40).

Just to let you know a trick I just learnt, if you have your page tabs down the right hand side of the page there is less hand movement but some people don't like this because of the visual impact and reading left to right.

Hope my comments are constructive and helpful. Websites take up so much time but keep going its so worth it in the end.

birdhs
03-25-2010, 11:10 AM
Over all, I thought this was easy to navigate, and when I clicked on the photos they zoomed up for me. Even though I did not know what the words meant, I got a clear idea of your style and the quality of your work

..... but ....

just a few comments on the photos:
'diversen 1' - the top 3 pix had a confusing backround and it made the work "invisible"
'muurobjecten' - the top 3 pix were useless, even when I clicked on them to zoom large they were not useful. Rethink how to photograph these.
'exposities' - all these photos were taken from too far away, showed the room not your work, would have been better to supply a link to the gallery or museum

In general, I think glass as striking as yours could benefit from professional quality photography that shows that light-catching sharpness and richness that only glass has. Maybe someone in the photography forum could suggest some tips for you.

I can't comment on the text, but am looking forward to when you get it done, and by the way, I think your work is great! .... :wave: