PDA

View Full Version : Stone Lithograph (3 Magicians)

Cabal
07-23-2002, 05:41 AM
This is a stone lithograph with an edition of 15.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/07-23-2002/2995_Three_Magicians.jpg

Gisela
07-24-2002, 08:33 PM
Hey Cabal -- haven't seen you here for a while.

I like this image very much -- doesn't make my skin crawl like a few I've seen. Please don't take offence at that, but your work is always very powerful and sometimes a little overwhelming. :)

Gisela

sassybird
07-25-2002, 03:07 PM
These figures are very interesting. I believe I have stated before that I stayed away from litho work due to some of the chemicals involved as well as the drudgery of sanding the stones down. I just dont' have the strength or energy.

I have to agree with Gisela that some of your past work has been overwhelming, and a bit on the 'shivers up the back' side of things. But, I like this piece very much.

Cabal
07-26-2002, 12:54 AM
Yes overwhelming is most certainly a good way to describe most of my stuff. Thanks for the comments. These creatures are screaming to be in color. I think i'll do something with photoshop and see where it gets me.

Sassybird - If you avoid litho do you do etchings? because I find that filing down the edges of a copper / zinc plate is more of a pain then grinding down the stone. Someone in my advanced etching class paid 10 dollars for someone else to file their plate! They really didn't want to do it. I'll tell you though there's nothing more frustrating then finding scratch marks on your stone after using the thinnest grit. Have to start all over again.

sassybird
07-26-2002, 02:08 PM
cabal, I do my beveling and deburring by machine, so there is no problem there....lol I am a power tool freak just like my husband :D