PDA

View Full Version : ***NEW Painting by Stuart Hampton

stuarthampton
08-28-2008, 09:32 AM
Hello all-

I'v uploaded another- this one is not quite finished but i got to the point where i think its ok- and am gonna leave it for a while- what do you think?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Aug-2008/135196-Summer_came_to_meBLOG.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Aug-2008/135196-Summer_SCALE_BLOG.JPG

Love,

Stuart Hampton.

LavenderFrost
08-28-2008, 11:12 AM
Your work is always good. I really like the fall colours in this.

~~Kathleen
08-28-2008, 12:25 PM
I do think that this is the best work you have posted here!
Nice job Stuart.
~~Kathleen

tonyjazz
08-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Stuart: Great colors of fall and great contrast on the musician. Great composition and the trees look great. As a musician my eyes keep going to his left hand on the guitar. There's something there about the form of his hand or something that doesn't look right, otherwise great job! TJ

Bizkit
08-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Very COOL..I would love to have seen some of the work in progress on this one as I think it would have been quite interesting!!!

I do have a question if you dont mind, is the man playing guitar a photo transfer or painted? either way awsome job!!

~~and if you havent already, please post your picture in our thread, "Post your Picture". Thanks!

amotwell
08-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Overall one of your best pieces, I think. :clap: I am a bit bothered by the sides of the man's glasses. If this were my painting, I'd probably just darken those areas to draw less attention to them.

OkeeKat
08-28-2008, 07:58 PM
WOW Stuart, this one is Stunning, I just love the autumn colors, so warm and inviting.. The figure is Excellently done.. Just top notch!! I just love it!!:clap: :thumbsup:

bchlvr
08-28-2008, 09:14 PM
Beautiful painting...great colors and I like the figure!

Mixael
08-29-2008, 12:54 AM
Stuart: Great colors of fall and great contrast on the musician. Great composition and the trees look great. As a musician my eyes keep going to his left hand on the guitar. There's something there about the form of his hand or something that doesn't look right, otherwise great job! TJ

Left index finger looks a bit wonky to me. The placement of the fingers looks right, and judging from the photo, the rest of the hand is fine. Of course, if he's playing like I do, his index finger may be turned to the side a bit...still look swrong to me, but I didn't notice until I red tonyjazz' post.

Other than the finger, I think this is a fantastic work!

Michael

sonita
08-29-2008, 01:31 AM
Hi Stuart,
I really like all your work but this is my favorite of yours so far. Great work on the detail and a bit less busy then some of your other work. Awesome choice of colors!
Soni :)

stuarthampton
08-29-2008, 06:39 AM
Hey-

Thanks alot- i'm really glad you all enjoyed it- and i'll aim to touch up the areas you pointed out- The figure is painted- to answer the above question.

Thanks again :)

AndyMcC
08-29-2008, 08:14 AM
The figure is really good, i like the old sepia photo look you've given it. Really nice painting :)

arl
08-29-2008, 08:29 AM
I really love the colours in this.

howyadoin
08-29-2008, 12:19 PM
That's pretty stunning. The face has a lot of character.