PDA

View Full Version : S&T Wednesday August 27

carebear
08-27-2008, 08:55 AM
morning all...

i took a bangle break, so here's a necklace..african turquoise and sterling..

carrie

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Aug-2008/48453-african_turquoise_necklace.jpg

TheBlueBetween
08-27-2008, 09:21 AM
gorgeous Carrie! Those stones look very much like the Blue Impression Jasper I've used in the past - I wonder if just being called something else now?

carebear
08-27-2008, 09:44 AM
pam..i have some of the impression jasper as well, and it's close!...it's close enough that they're probably really of the same jasper family, but the blues and green are different shades...at least on my two strands anyways! sometimes i wonder if people just make up different names to make them sound more exotic...:rolleyes: anyways, here's my impression jasper bracelet....close, but different colors?

carrie

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Aug-2008/48453-impression_bracelet.jpg

PaulaNC
08-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Carrie both are great but that first one is gorgeous!!

gbot
08-27-2008, 10:21 AM
Carrie, What a lovely strand of African Turquoise!!!!!!! They must have struck a great vain to produce those beads. Love them, the blues in there are great! Your bracelet is very nice too. How is the knee?

Andee
08-27-2008, 12:18 PM
Carrie - oh wow, those stones are simply gorgeous! You did well letting them speak for themselves! Love that necklace! (And the bracelet, too.)

Kerensamere
08-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Carrie, both are very nice, but I have to agree with the rest of the crowd, I like the necklace best!

carebear
08-27-2008, 03:05 PM
lol..i like the necklace best too..i actually took that bracelet apart some months ago, when i went through my "anything that isn't selling must be destroyed" phase...it was one of the victims...it'll pop up again as something else tho!

gladys, knee is doing better thanks for asking...still sore, but start physical therapy tomorrow, so i'll be good as new in no time!

carrie

Ritazart
08-27-2008, 03:22 PM
Carrie, Glad to hear the knee is getting better. LOVE the African turquoise, those stones are really beautiful. The bracelet is great, not my colors, but very much my daughter's. :heart: :heart:

Dawnt0721
08-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Carrie - I thought the same thing about the stones looking like impression jasper. I LOVE impression jasper and have never seen it so blue - gorgeous!

Shadesongs
08-27-2008, 08:30 PM
Yummy, Yummy, Yummy.....
Carrie, take some pain medicine before therapy tomorrow!! I know I was really hurting the first couple of days and would take something when I got home, then learned to take it before. That electric stim is just wicked! I dislocated my knee about two years ago, and was in a brace for a long time after. I had to learn to bend my knee again! Take Care!!!

WindFireFarm
08-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Those stones look just like my teal aqua terra jasper... but more blue than teal. I am dieing to find another strand with the vivid colors like my teal and like those in the first picture!!!! I love it.