PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean beach

Faded
08-25-2008, 12:53 PM
I did this for some friends, worked from a pic they had taken on vacation. My first try at the tropics. This is 16x20 on canvas. All comments welcomed
Thanks
-David

amotwell
08-25-2008, 01:17 PM
Really nice blend in the colors of the water! Your palm tree seems a little anemic to me, perhaps the crop isn't great or the color could be deeper? Either a few more fronds/branches or a deeper color should perk it right up! Overall, this is very nice!

Mz_Sketch_Pad
08-25-2008, 01:25 PM
i love the colors and the feel of it

OkeeKat
08-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Great job at your first tropic seascape Rene!! I love it.. realy looks good!! I'm sure your friends were very pleased.:clap:

Yikes_Scoobie
08-25-2008, 06:02 PM
I like this one a lot - the walkway invites you right into the painting onto that tropical beach - I want to be there

Bizkit
08-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Looks great, I wouldnt touch a thing here, hang it and enjoy it!!!

edtree
08-25-2008, 07:58 PM
:wave: Hi David!

Very neat and meticulously painted. Wonderful transitions, for instance, the white water at the beach line as it transitions back, and the water-sand area. The sky is also very well blended. I like the crisp shapes of your leaves and the other nice details you've included. You've done a beautiful job on this! :thumbsup: :D

Elizabeth

~~Kathleen
08-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Hi David.
I like this very much, the balance, and welcome into the scene is just delicious.
I might, if I was you, blend the water into the sand a wee bit more as the abrupt ending of the lake/ocean is almost hard.
Please feel free to accept or reject this input as I know that other people (in this case myself) tend to see things differently.
Never-the-less, it is a wonderful painting.
~~Kathleen

tonyjazz
08-25-2008, 11:09 PM
I can relate to the colors used here David. Sand looks very real in it's color and soft texture. The leaning palm tree, dark foilage and bridge ( walkway? ) all work well on this piece as if to invite you in. Another layer of color on the waterline on the sand, as mentioned, would work well here, some wet sand. A touch of sparkles , like you added on the mangroves, would spruce up the water, just a pinch........Like what you're doing here! TJ

sonita
08-25-2008, 11:18 PM
What would I give to be there right now :) I think you did a great job on this!!! It looks so inviting.
Soni

arl
08-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Great work. I love the look of the water and when I first saw it I said to myself that is where I would like to be.

LavenderFrost
08-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Nice work!

Paetau
08-26-2008, 03:33 PM
i love the beach... is really great
two thumbs up
julie

Faded
08-26-2008, 08:00 PM
Thanks everyone, you comments are greatly appreciated. I post my work here for honest feedback, it's a great way to learn. I find other artists often see what I may have missed. :)
-David

chammi kaiser
08-27-2008, 04:07 AM
Because of the simplicity and beautiful colours, this invites the viewer to spend time there. Your friends must be delighted to have such a lovely reminder of their holiday.

TxAggieDarlin
08-27-2008, 10:29 AM
I did one something like this and enjoyed painting it. Did you have fun?
Looks good to me, but I might put some "sparkle" on the water