GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Sleeping Pup
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 9 x 12
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I use oil paint most of the time but tried my hand at acrylic for this painting.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I hope the pic uploads properly - I couldn't get the image to show in another thread....

Bizkit
08-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Its a cute little painting. Youve done a nice job here with colors and such. The brush strokes look to be nice and loose. Overall, good job.
Since you are a new member might I suggest you visit the Acrylic forum, lots of good folks over there!!

tgsloth
08-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Just a terrific job of showing the weight of the little guy bearing down on the cushion. I think a more neutral background would help emphasize the doggie, however. It's a lot of pink you've got there.

Corby
08-24-2008, 10:18 PM
nicely done. It would I think benefit from a bit more distribution of color detail and weight in the back half of the puppy, in the left hand side of the painting in general.

Barbie Bud
08-24-2008, 10:58 PM
I like it, it's loose and the puppy is precious.

Rachel Dutton
08-25-2008, 12:05 AM
You have very good brushwork. I'd work a little on the back hip, it looks too heavy to me. I think I'd also try to blend the outline of the lips a bit. Overall, nice work.

Ronni
08-25-2008, 01:07 AM
Primary, that's for a so touching piece, not to touch.

atelier_m
08-25-2008, 01:26 AM
Love it. Leave it. The spontaneity of the brushwork is very fresh. I just want to shake that little foreshortened paw. :)

Any painting can be improved. We are always learning. But sometimes, no matter where we are on the journey ... what we have done works. It all comes together. Leave those paintings alone and save the learning for the next one. This one is charming.

Mary

gerardina
08-25-2008, 07:52 AM
thank you all, for your kind comments and helpful hints. i had fun painting this one and plan to use more acrylic...thanks for the invite to the acrylic forum. i'll go and search for it now - this place is huge!