PDA

View Full Version : Pastels on

aszurblue
08-24-2008, 11:09 AM
trading cards, can it be done?? I am new to using soft pastels and just got a small set of PanPastels, and would like to use them. But how would you protect them? Is there a spray I can use? Or is this a bad idea :confused: Azure

Paula Ford
08-24-2008, 11:43 AM
I paint ACEO's and use a sanded surface, such as Wallis paper or Uart. No spray on my paintings. I sell on Ebay and wrap them with tracing paper, and sandwich them in between acid free foamboard for shipping, or frame them under glass.

If a surface is slippery, the pastels won't stick to it. Not sure what you mean by Trading Cards. Is it card stock?

Tressa
08-24-2008, 02:38 PM
I have also laminated them. And the littl mini frames work great.
Tres

aszurblue
08-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Yes Paula, its heavy card stock for ACEO's and you can buy it cut to the size you need.
But what I do not understand, is how do you keep them from smearing and still use them as trading cards without framing them? I have used pastel pencils in my sketchbook and it always comes off on the page thats on top of the picture, and they do smear... I would hate to think that it would not arrive in good condition or they could inadvertently smear It themselves??

Tres, when you laminate them, dose the heat change the colors?

Thanks, Azure

Tressa
08-24-2008, 06:11 PM
No, you can buy non heat laminate sheets at craft stores.:)
Tres

PeggyB
08-24-2008, 06:25 PM
I've laminated with heat without a problem. They make great book marks too. I don't bother with special paper, but use my regular sanded pastel papers without a hitch. The non-heat laminate sheets are also available at places like Office Depot.

Peggy

aszurblue
08-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Thank You Tres and Peggy, I'll look into the laminated idea...Azure

Paula Ford
08-24-2008, 07:30 PM
WOW, I've never heard of laminating little paintings. What a great idea!!!