PDA

View Full Version : Seasons Change - Collage

Linee
08-23-2008, 10:33 PM
This started as a little plein air. Ended up as a 9 x 12 " collage. Used black ink pen, with acrylic washes for most of it. I'm not sure what to think of it since I've never really done collage. Is it missing anything or too busy?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Aug-2008/101851-Seasons_Change_007.jpg

OkeeKat
08-24-2008, 01:46 AM
Its great Linda, I Love it!! unique and works great.. love the colors!!

tbezesky
08-24-2008, 01:47 AM
Wow! Haven't seen you do this, I like it alot! Not too busy to me, the Red leaf stand out enough. I like the character of the leaves with the ink. I like what you did with the edges of the square.

bchlvr
08-24-2008, 07:16 AM
This is very nice...I usually don't go for collages but this has great character.

Lulu
08-24-2008, 07:25 AM
this looks great Linda! the only issue I have with it is that the leaf is right in the middle. what wonderful possibilities you have begun with mixed media!

edtree
08-24-2008, 07:37 AM
:wave: Hi Linda!

I especially like the technique you used on the background trees. The leaf is very nice too and the background. I've only created a few collages years ago and they were more haphazard. The thing about them is though, they can be whatever you want them to be. My first thought for this one, compositionally, was that as Lulu said, it seems too centered. To me, it is not busy at all...in fact, for collage, it doesn't seem busy enough. You might also consider adding some lettering of some kind. Maybe even just one word, or some phrases on or around the leaf. These are just MY thoughts though. Let your imagination and creativity take over and see where it takes you, or leave as is. Right now, it presents as if we are looking out a window which is also a beautiful effect.

I think it's wonderful, by the way, to try different things. Great job! :D

Elizabeth

Linee
08-24-2008, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the comments. I thought the same about the leaf in the center. But I was just "going with the flow" and that's what happened. I'm thinking of adding something else. Lettering did come to mind. Also bark, twig, or something like that. We'll see what happens. I'll try to remember the no centering rule for the next one.

C_Line
08-24-2008, 10:35 AM
This is beautiful Linda. I love all the textures.

lilbelle
08-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Wow, that is different! I like it!

susme48
08-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Linda, I like this!! What kind of ink and pen did you use?

Linee
08-24-2008, 02:02 PM
Thanks, Celeste, Lillian, and Susan. I use a basic Bic. :)

~~Kathleen
08-24-2008, 02:14 PM
I like this Linda.
I believe that the red highlights (on the border) enhance the painting greatly.
Everything about this painting reads Peace and serenity!
~~Kathleen

Bizkit
08-24-2008, 02:21 PM
I commented on this in the creatique center...I think its great. I just wish it were larger!!!

sonita
08-24-2008, 04:24 PM
I do like it a lot...I have the feeling looking through a window as well! I do not mind the leave being in the center....what bothers me a little is the dark stripe above and below the leave center...I think the top stipe is off a bit ...and I also think that if you use those stripes they should be also sideways to give it more of a window look! Overall I love the idea and I think it is great that you used the red as well to frame the work
Soni!
Soni

Linee
08-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Thanks Kathleen, Biz, Soni. Soni, I think the I put the little leaf painting on crooked, leaving that stripe looking off. My hubby noticed that, too. Ah, well. I'm going to chalk this up to a learning adventure and try another in the future. I only put this in a frame temporarily to see what it'd look like. I'm glad for all the advice and encouragement I've gleaned. :)

Charlie's Mum
08-24-2008, 05:16 PM
Whereas I find the comp. all a bit symmetrical Linda I do like those trees very much and I like the whole idea of assembling this as a collage - it's definitely an idea to pursue - you've been creative and quite innovative - so continue! :thumbsup: