PDA

View Full Version : Question on mounting tiles . . .

Wally's Mom
07-22-2002, 04:22 PM
Don't even know if this is the best place for this question or not, but here goes. . .

My daughter and a friend and I went to our local paint-your-own ceramics place last week and I painted 6 4 inch tiles. I would like to mount them either as the bottom of a tray, or the top of a table, but I really have no idea where to start. Does anyone know if there are kits available, or have you seen project plans for something like this ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance !

arlene
07-22-2002, 04:26 PM
a craft's store should have wood trays u could use...to mount use the same type of mastic that you'd use to mount tiles in a kitchen or bath. then grout the same too...

Wally's Mom
07-22-2002, 04:38 PM
Thanks Arlene, I was thinking that would be the most straight foward, but was afraid to trust my own advice. ;-)

I get to go pick the tiles up on the way home tonight -- then I'll see if they are worth putting anymore expense/effort into.

Sure is nice having Wet Canvas around to ask questions, and bounce ideas off of. . .

Thanks again.

BeyondTheNineSquares
07-30-2002, 03:39 PM
Did you see the article in the Sept 2002 issue of Artist's Sketchbook entitled "Set In Stone"? It might help you with the basics of mounting the tiles, which btw, are really pretty!