PDA

View Full Version : Blending Question

jacx1938
08-22-2008, 06:24 PM
My little finger, when space allows, is the perfect blender for me but I'm working in a narrow space where it won't work. Tortillon stumps dont work for me. They muddy tones. Is there anything else any of you know of the won't do that? Thanks for the help.

Jim

Hugsy25
08-22-2008, 06:29 PM
Sometimes I use one of those foam aplicators for eye shadow. I also find those useful for picking up pastel from my little mistakes LOL

Sonni
08-22-2008, 06:47 PM
My little finger, when space allows, is the perfect blender for me but I'm working in a narrow space where it won't work. Tortillon stumps dont work for me. They muddy tones. Is there anything else any of you know of the won't do that? Thanks for the help.

Jim

You could wean yourself from blending....;) The oil from your fingers tends to destroy the vibrancy and depth of layering that pastels lend themselves to. You can knock stuff back with a gentle swish of a sable hair brush or tap lightly with a piece of foam.

water girl
08-22-2008, 09:43 PM
One of the rubber color shapers might help. Looks like a paint brush handle with various shaped rubber tips.

Wrichards
08-22-2008, 10:01 PM
cloth band-aides work great :)

johndill01
08-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Use one of the hard pastels, (NuPastel, CretaColor as examples) or a small hard vine charcoal stick. Lightly blend the edges with one of these and keep the fingers off the dust. (Extremely hard for me to keep fingers out). But, finger blending does dull the sparkle of pastels.

John

jacx1938
08-23-2008, 09:59 PM
Thank you all for your input. I will put these suggestions to the test. I'm sure good results will be forthcoming.

Jim.