PDA

View Full Version : Antiques

mroy27
08-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Made it using a reference image and now for the life of me I can't find it to post a link in here. Would love any tips to improve especially the orange..really struggled with it..but basically any suggestions or critique is welcome....on anything - color, edges, values, compositions...
Please excuse the not so correct photograph, it is so windy here I couldn't keep it straight and still. I still have to learn how to take a good picture of a painting. Right now I am just concentrating on creating a good painting!
This is 16 by 20.

Also, I see that some like me, attach the image and some embed it in the message itself, if anyone can tell me how to do the latter, that would be great!

Manju

lilbelle
08-22-2008, 04:10 PM
This is wonderful! I think you did a great job with the orange and everything else! Great job!

debee
08-22-2008, 04:20 PM
Beautiful work! The silver is really well done. Congrats!

~~Kathleen
08-22-2008, 06:06 PM
Welcome to Acrylics!
(I don't know if we've said hello before or not, so better to err on the side of pleasant than ignore this)
This is just lovely.
I admire all the work and detail you have put into this painting.
I can honestly say that I have no critiques re this work!
It has wonderful balance and colour.
~~Kathleen

OkeeKat
08-22-2008, 06:31 PM
Fabulous!! I love the light in this.. great glass and pewter work!!

howyadoin
08-22-2008, 06:35 PM
I'd say the orange and the apple are the strongest parts, to be honest. If anything, it's the blue glass bits that don't quite convince me.

susme48
08-22-2008, 07:00 PM
Wow!
http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/confused/confused0054.gif (http://www.pearlpoker.com)

Bizkit
08-22-2008, 07:19 PM
I'd say the orange and the apple are the strongest parts, to be honest. If anything, it's the blue glass bits that don't quite convince me.

I agree............I think the entire painting is quite well exectued:thumbsup:
If I were going to critique, and only what I can see from the picture it would also be on the blue glass parts. Not sure if its shadows or highlights or a combination of both. The bottom of the far left blue vessel kind of gets lost/blend with the napkin. I dont think it needs much, maybe just a few minutes spent tweaking a few parts and it will be ready to hang on the wall!!!! Great job on this, its one to be proud of!!!

AndyMcC
08-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Great painting, the silver is great as is the fruit :)

HOllyLL
08-22-2008, 08:37 PM
beautiful draw of light across your picture..and WELCOME!!

mroy27
08-22-2008, 10:27 PM
I am so embarrassed, I am not really a new member, I have been a member since 2003! I just never got time to really post that much or participate that much and then I became pregnant and of course then the baby happened! It took me three years before I could touch the canvas again. But I really appreciate all the warm welcome that I received from the various members! Thank you all for the compliments and I will work on the blue glass, not sure what I will do though but will do something! Somehow it looks different and more transparent in the actual painting; the photo is little bit more flat.

Manju

Margaret 59
08-22-2008, 11:14 PM
Manju, this painting is beautiful and I know that photos can tell lies so if the glass looks ok to you, why not leave it?

Grace5
08-23-2008, 03:05 AM
That is true about photos, they don't always do justice to a painting. Anyway this is a lovely painting, great work on the fruit, plate and vessels.

bchlvr
08-23-2008, 08:34 AM
Great job...great compositon.

arl
08-23-2008, 09:04 AM
A wonderful painting and I also like the oranges.

Lady Carol
08-23-2008, 09:45 AM
Wonderfully done.

sonita
08-23-2008, 12:03 PM
Gorgeous work :)...very well done!
Soni

Linee
08-23-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm gaga over the orange and blues. And that teapot is just great!

mroy27
08-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Thanks again everyone for taking time to compliment my work. I did look at the blue glass and decided to work on it a little bit more. This is the latest.

manju

Charlie's Mum
08-23-2008, 04:23 PM
This turned out very well Manju and if I now had one crit it would be that it appears to be a painting of two halves - see how the centre line between the lighter and darker areas of the background appears to divide it? Perhaps just take some of that lighter brown/gold across behind the blue glass diagonally and very subtly to take the eye across to the left. Won't take much!:D

Now, to answer your other question about embedding pic. in the text:

Click on the little mountain/picture icon above the main post thread/reply box and another smaller window opens. Just follow the instructions and the uploaded image code should appear in the reply.
If (as mine does!) the code does not appear, then re-upload to get the picture back and right click on the image and select 'Properties' to get this information.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Aug-2008/30494-Upload_url.jpg
Copy and paste the url as I've circled here and add the img tags ... to the front and to the end.

Give it a try!:D

LavenderFrost
08-24-2008, 05:12 PM
Wonderful painting!