PDA

View Full Version : Yay! New books!

Bright Eyes
08-22-2008, 01:06 AM
I just got a new order of books in the mail! I'm so stoked:D I don't have time or the money for art classes so books are my life line to the art world. I just got the revised edition of the Painter's Handbook, which is a wonderful reference for all things art. I also got the The Science of Art. This book is absolutely amazing! I've started reading both of them, can't wait to finish!:)

~~Kathleen
08-22-2008, 01:16 AM
Yeah for you!:clap:
New books are wonderful.
To snuggle in with and read the pages over and over until a technique makes sense!
I am happy for you, I have a couple that I have just purchased, one is Acrylic revolution and I do like it very much!
~~Kathleen

susme48
08-22-2008, 01:20 AM
I love books...just love them. I have so many I could almost start a library...lol!! I just got that book on color (the one you were talking about Kathleen)...now all I need is time to try it. I think I might finally understand the dif between hue and saturation....maybe. We shall see.

Bright Eyes
08-22-2008, 01:22 AM
I too have Acrylic Revolution, that was actually the first art technique book I purchased. It got me hooked! Prior to that I had always got the ones on the individual artists and their works like Rembrant, Van Gogh and DaVinci. More of the old style. I'm slowly adding to my collection of books on modern artists and techniques. And I love them all, every single one!:heart:

Bright Eyes
08-22-2008, 01:24 AM
Susan/Kathleen What is the name of the color book? I've been researching different ones but haven't decided on one to buy yet.

barb8j
08-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Yea books...I just got a new color book too...one that someone had recommended. Was it Kathleen? It is called Color Mixing for Artists. Looks really cool, I have only had a chance to skim thru it. But if it was you Kathleen, thank you for the recommendation. Bought it thru Amazon, used for less than 5 bucks and that was with the shipping...it is just like brand new. Thanks again.

~~Kathleen
08-22-2008, 11:43 AM
Yeppers!
"Color Mixing for Artists"
-John Lidzey/Jill Mirza/Nick Harris/Jeremy Galton
I have used this little book so much I had to make a special
cover for it when I paint.
It is a small compact book, so never gets in the way, but really packs a whole lot of information into its' size.
An example page....
For those of you that like mixing your own colours, it is a fabulous addition to your painting supplies!
I recommend it highly (And others will as well)
~~Kathleen
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Aug-2008/92567-LastScan.jpg

Bright Eyes
08-22-2008, 03:07 PM
The book looks great! Thats the next book I'm getting then! Thanks for posting the pic of it Kathleen. It really helps! It gets so hard trying to find the book you need without actually seeing them. And this one already has great reviews from the board appearently. Thanks again!:clap:

Bizkit
08-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Vedddy Intadesting!!!!!! May have to check into that!!

barb8j
08-22-2008, 10:43 PM
IT is indeed wonderful. Kathleen is right about it being small enough to stash anywhere. Thanks again for the heads up!