PDA

View Full Version : Another PAINFUL Black and White

Bizkit
08-20-2008, 09:17 PM
So Im sitting at the desk the other night having just completed "Instant Classic" and Im thinking how Im going to use up the remainder of all of the gray paint I had mixed for the painting. Low and behold I spot a canvas in the corner just calling my name beckoning for some paint on its pristine white surface. So I go through the computer images and find something I had done not too long ago that "appeared" pretty simple with just a few black and white colors. I thought, OK, no problem, I can knock this out quickly, burn up the rest of the gray paints and move on to the next big project. Mind you this is a small canvas for me, its only a 16x20 and those of you that paint on larger size canvas know what a pain in the A$$ it is to go smaller.
Well, all was going pretty well till I got to the face, I zoom in on the reference photo and just about crap my pants on the spot. This mock up has about 15 different colors of Gray:eek: !!!! Yeah, now what!!!! Off we go, and here is what I ended up with. I had to mess with the face about a trillion times to get it right because the drawing on the canvas and the paint I had on the canvas were just not working for me. I had to mix a bunch more color thus resulting in more paint so spend on something else. Truth be told I dont have that much left over so It will likely go down the drain or on a nice board and out to the trash can.

Here she Is ............overall, Im satisfied with the results of my labor, it was a 3 evening project for a few hours each and I think it worked pretty decent overall. I did sign my name with a bit of artsy flair....:thumbsup: :lol:
Just couldnt resist!!!

"Painful"
16X20
Wrapped Canvas
Acrylics

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h319/Hellcat65/baxter02-1-1.jpg

MadWickedStiner
08-20-2008, 09:28 PM
You're going to have to let her know that I'm married!! My wife wouldn't appreciate her advances... :lol::lol::lol:

Nice emotion from this! Great work!

-Brian

sveldstra
08-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Beautiful piece. It really catches your attention and makes you wonder what she's thinking - like why Mona Lisa is smiling.

-S.V.

Bizkit
08-20-2008, 09:46 PM
Beautiful piece. It really catches your attention and makes you wonder what she's thinking - like why Mona Lisa is smiling.

-S.V.

She is thinking..."That guy painting me sure is hot"!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Artchrispy
08-20-2008, 10:04 PM
THis is smoking hot. Love how you floated the red into her eye lid. Are there still 15 values? Looks like about 5 or 6 but hard to tell. You're getting close to needing that butt icon here. Great work!

Bizkit
08-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Well lets see........I had 6 colors pre-mixed, plus straight black and straight white, thats 8. I premixed 3 additional and mixed 2-3 straight on the plate. I doubt you can see more than 5-7 from the picture but when you view it in person you can see quite a few more. as well some were darker and covered with a white that made and entirely different value.........Painful!!!!!!!!
My pictures are notoriously crappy if that helps!!!!

mpattie
08-20-2008, 11:06 PM
Mike, Absolutely awesome!
Pat

lilbelle
08-20-2008, 11:16 PM
Another beauty Mike! I love it!

Lulu
08-21-2008, 12:05 AM
wow, fantastic result!!! When I opened the thread the first thing to catch my eye was your new avatar and I was thinking 'Now where is THAT posted?' LOL
LOVE it!:clap:

OkeeKat
08-21-2008, 12:25 AM
WOW Mike this is Awesome!!! the look in her eye.. Dressed to kill I'd say!!
Love the signature .. its Perfect!!! Great idea!!

PETE K
08-21-2008, 12:27 AM
I need to keep the grand children away from this one she is way to sexy. great job!
PETE

MRSBB
08-21-2008, 01:40 AM
She sure has that come hither look. Nice work............Lenore

phobden
08-21-2008, 04:18 AM
Nice one, Mike. The red looks really good with the figure, and as others have said, it really smolders.

arl
08-21-2008, 08:58 AM
Wonderful work and colour use.

zoropb
08-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Mike my favorite of yours real nice!

Sergio

AMuse
08-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Wow!

Way to go! I totally love this series you are working on

Continental
08-21-2008, 10:50 AM
Beautiful work on this. She has a "Mucha" look to her face. Your style has some hints of Mucha. I love his work.

debee
08-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Another nice one!

Charlie's Mum
08-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Very nice - perfect red!
It doesn't look like you struggled with the greys!!!!! :lol:

Bizkit
08-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Oh, but I did in fact struggle with the grays...and now Im gonna put myself through some more agony cause Im going to do one more in this smaller size with gray. I figured I have enough to do another.

Thanks again everyone for all of the positive comments. I acutally took it to the gallery today and have had some interest generated in it already so we will see what happens!!!

sonita
08-21-2008, 11:18 PM
wohh how did I miss this one! You did a great job...gorgeous woman ..the background and signature makes it perfect! You did a great joyce...:)

Bizkit
08-21-2008, 11:40 PM
wohh how did I miss this one! You did a great job...gorgeous woman ..the background and signature makes it perfect! You did a great joyce...:)

LOL..I did a great Joyce? :thumbsup:

Thanks!!!!!!:D

sonita
08-21-2008, 11:53 PM
:) well I hope I din't say anything terribly embaressing with my comment? You see I learned english just about 8 years ago and I still seem to put myself in funny situations with the things I say sometimes :( :) :( :)

..well I hope I didn't say anything in a stupid way cause all I wanted was to give you a praise and a complient on your work :)?

Bizkit
08-22-2008, 12:12 AM
:) well I hope I din't say anything terribly embaressing with my comment? You see I learned english just about 8 years ago and I still seem to put myself in funny situations with the things I say sometimes :( :) :( :)

..well I hope I didn't say anything in a stupid way cause all I wanted was to give you a praise and a complient on your work :)?

Oh Lord No, you said nothing wrong at all, and please dont feel bad, I whole heartly appreciate your praise and compliment! Thank-You!!:smug: :smug:

sonita
08-22-2008, 12:25 AM
...weight lifting off my shoulders...sorry maybe I panic too much :) I work with mostly guys here setting up stuff for TV and they seem to have a laugh quite often about my english lol...i know they are nice and all....but for a moment here I thought I had another moment where I totally fu... up lol. It's all good, sorry for the confusion dear :)

mroy27
08-22-2008, 10:38 PM
There is something about her...why am I reminded of Angelina Jolie...and I am thinking you got to be a man to be able to paint that kind of expression on a woman...!!

manju

Grace5
08-23-2008, 03:52 AM
Fabulous painting. Love your signature, nice touch.

JamieWG
08-23-2008, 11:39 AM
Wonderful! I never would have thought to do the background so bold with the subject in grays. It totally works. Love the sig too!

Jamie