PDA

View Full Version : UNKNOWN???????

stuarthampton
08-20-2008, 07:00 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/08-20-2008/135196_robmatliamBLOG2.JPG

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: UNKNOWN???????
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 60X80cm
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
Portrait of friends

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I'm not sure what to name this painting- any sugguestions? plus any other comments about the picture would be useful for me

thomas w
08-20-2008, 07:47 AM
How about "daisy dreams". The figures are excellent and the background is nicely rendered. It looks like an early saturday morning where some students might live. Great work.
Thomas W

Dana Design
08-20-2008, 10:55 AM
This looks more like a collage than a painting. Although the girl is sitting next to the guy on the left, her head and body is quite a bit larger than his. This knocks back the realism to the painting. the fellow in the background is very well done but the background which is left unfinished does nothing to enhance the work.

I believe those flowers are jonquils but could be mistaken.

Mikey
08-20-2008, 01:00 PM
Yes Dana, very much Richard Hamilton.

tgsloth
08-20-2008, 01:07 PM
I name it "Dream of a Blue Kitchen"
I've looked at all your posts and while I admire you're awesome technical skill, I've often felt that you jam too much into your images between the blues guy, flowers and some sort of detailed city scape or land scape background. Going "a bridge too far" prevents the painting from, in a sense, artistically capitalizing on your skills.

But for me, you've nailed it with this one. I love the rough look of the figures, the fact that they're sleeping and the blue kitchenscape background. The flowers march across the image, vaguely tracking the sleepers. I'd buy this if (a), I had any money and (b), it was for sale and (c), it was a few years back before I could make my own paintings.

stuarthampton
08-21-2008, 12:21 PM
Hey- glad you liked it TG- thanks :)