PDA

View Full Version : Tree By The Ocean - With Free Mojo attached!

MadWickedStiner
08-16-2008, 08:17 PM
This is 12 X 18 on MDF.... I haven't liked it much until I just a few moments ago when I added the final touches and now, I like it! Let me know what you think....

Oh, and here is that free mojo for you... <mojo>
Go forth.. and paint

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Aug-2008/72764-TreeByTheOcean.jpg

:lol::lol:

-Brian

Lady Carol
08-16-2008, 10:53 PM
Hi Brian,
You know we have a member called Mojo I have no idea if he really has Mojo but he is in chat a lot.

I like this. Kind of unusual for a bloke but it is very appealing. ;)

Bizkit
08-16-2008, 11:49 PM
Very cool job on this!!!!!

dont need the Mojo tonight, I think Im on a creative streak so Ill pass it on to the next person that might need it.....!!

(There is a chat room>???).........:cool: :eek:

edtree
08-17-2008, 08:28 AM
:wave: It's a very happy painting, Brian! While it is wonderful just as is, you might consider bunching your flowers a bit more as that's the way they usually grow. The tree and path are especially well done and I really like the clouds too. Nice illustrative quality to your work! :D

Elizabeth

Ronni
08-17-2008, 08:30 AM
I enjoy it a lot, aesthetic and nice.

aszurblue
08-17-2008, 10:30 AM
Out standing work on the tree, path, sky and clouds. Love it!!

How about some of that mojo in the water(for lack of words,(the squiggles?)instead of the white dots. Maybe more grass, less flowers on that one side opposite the tree??.. But it stands very well as it is now... Great match to the other one I saw..... Azure

Lady Carol
08-17-2008, 12:02 PM
(There is a chat room>???).........:cool: :eek:
At the top of the page in the first blue bar is Tools. It is found in the drop down menu there. You would be surprised what WC! has.

asnowfall
08-17-2008, 05:41 PM
This is quite unique :-)
Ramesh

MadWickedStiner
08-18-2008, 09:48 AM
Thanks guys!

You know, I do like the critiques offered here! It helps us all become better painters... The Acrylics forum people are ALWAYS nice and supportive, and offer great critiques!!

Now, I do agree on the ocean issue, and the flowers thing... but, I painted over that ocean 3 times.. literally!! I couldn't get 1 style that looked right for it... so I went with a "sparkling" ocean... it worked the best.. but may not be perfect... but the others... were REALLY terrible in comparison!
And the flowers... I went for the abstract impressionistic version of flowers.. :lol: The one's that grow far apart... like those in this picture... lol

Thanks again everybody!!
-Brian

Vanche
08-18-2008, 10:01 AM
I like your painting -there is a lot of cheer and happines in it.Considering your decorative style in this painting I think it looks perfect the way it is.I love the skies and the tree and the sparkling ocean.I like the colors a lot.

LavenderFrost
08-19-2008, 02:57 PM
I think it's really cute and happy!

sonita
08-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Looks almost like a giant grape tree...the sky very Van Gogh style...the sparkles of the sunlight in the water are very nice. Good feelings arise by looking at this piece....bottom line: I LIKE it :)
Soni

HOllyLL
08-19-2008, 05:04 PM
I agree..it's very GOGH!!