PDA

View Full Version : Ponting Workshop in San Clemente-starts tomorrow!

Tracy Lang
08-14-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm so excited-after waiting most of the year it's finally time for Dianna's San Clemente, CA workshop!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Is anyone else from WC attending?

Tracy

bnoonan
08-14-2008, 12:22 PM
Not me - but have fun and enjoy the entire event. She's such a giving teacher from everything I've seen and read here at WC.

Enjoy! Share! Play!!! Barb

Wrichards
08-14-2008, 04:34 PM
I WISH! Im displaying at the art festival downtown San Clemente this weekend and will miss her visit :(

binkie
08-14-2008, 05:20 PM
I sure wish I were too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I checked after I found out about it but it was full and had a waiting list. I will have to be more watchful for the next one (I hope there is a next one!!) because I sure would love to take one of her classes.

binkie

water girl
08-14-2008, 06:27 PM
Yes Tracy!!!
Barbara, Terri and I will be going. Gail flew in from Minnesota last night and will drive up to San Clemente with us. Another San Diego friend of ours, Val, will be there and Jen is coming in from Burbank. It will be a mini reunion! Whoo-hoo! It feels like Christmas Eve!! :clap: :clap:

Tracy Lang
08-14-2008, 09:26 PM
Barb, I plan on taking lots of pics and will keep you all posted with updates.

Richard, Congrats on the art festival...maybe we can pop over and meet you.

Binkie, I wish you were able to attend as well...hopefully, next year!

Karen, Yes it does feel like Christmas Eve! Just got home from work and am starting to get my pastels and supplies in reasonable order. Can't wait to see all of you!!!

Tracy

Scottyarthur
08-15-2008, 07:27 PM
You will love the class, and she is a wonderful person, with a great talent for art and teaching. If you don't mind tell her Scottyarthur from denver said hi :).

Wrichards
08-15-2008, 08:36 PM
I had the fortune yesterday when I was picking up some misc supplies from the art store to bump into a rather charming woman. Mrs Ponting was very nice to invite me for a couple mins to the workshop area for the weekends class. She had all the stations ready to go. I noticed a few "samples" on the wall, just beautiful. It was realy nice to meet her. You are all going to have a blast :)

knippes
08-15-2008, 08:51 PM
I attended Dianna's workshop in Denver and had a WONDERFUL time!! I feel that my painting has reached an entirely new level since her class and I absolutely can't wait until she comes back to Denver next year. Dianna - are you sure you don't want to come this winter too?? :wave: Be sure to ask lots of questions and have fun!
--Kym

dragonclaw
08-17-2008, 10:18 PM
Hi guys, it was nice to meet all of you in the san clemente class this weekend! Now I can put faces to these names. :) Dianna is more wonderful than I expected. I'm glad I got to go.

-Giao

chinchilla
08-18-2008, 01:27 AM
Hi Giao! it was nice meeting you too :wave:i was near the cookies :D
i had such a great time, it was great seeing everyone :thumbsup:
i'm feeling reallllllly inspired now :)

Weezy
08-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Amazingly good weekend......not one clunker produced in the whole room. It was great sharing the weekend with so many talented and nice people.
Jack Richieson company sent some lovely supports for us to try....thank you.
Thanks to all who went and helped make it so great!!!
And Dianna, thanks most of all for being so gracious in your teaching and so insightful in your suggestions.
I can't wait to finish my second piece, I saw some amazing stuff produced there....and at least three people had never done pastel before.....WOW.

Tracy Lang
08-18-2008, 01:02 PM
Hi everyone:wave:

It was great to meet all of you and spend three fantastic days learning from Dianna and painting! (and eating cookies ):lol:...a perfect weekend!!!

Tracy

ponting
08-19-2008, 02:08 PM
You all are too nice!! You were (are) a wonderful group to work with from the quiet, polite guys at one end to the rowdy ones kitty corner to them. :lol: ...that would be the cattywampus group. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Aug-2008/34523-dancing_banana.gif :D

I am off today to explore the great work at the Festival of the Arts as well as the Sawdust Festival....always a highlight of my trip. I hope to see some of you again in July of '09 for some more of Patti's cookies and great hospitality :thumbsup:

Don't be shy if you have any follow-up questions...just email me direct.

Love you all.....cheers Di :wave:

chinchilla
08-20-2008, 01:34 AM
to the rowdy ones kitty corner to them. :lol: ...that would be the cattywampus group. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Aug-2008/34523-dancing_banana.gif :D

LOL! too funny :angel:
hope you have a nice time dianna! thanks again :)

Desiree
08-20-2008, 02:05 AM
Hey everyone! Oh what a glorious weekend I had, it was too good to be true, then the clock struck midnight and I turned back into a pumpkin! Thank you so much Dianna and Patti for making my girls weekend so much fun. I was once again amazed at all the talent in the room. What fun to look around and see all the familiar, friendly faces. I loved that we had some new pastel artists this year and even some MEN! I can't wait to see the finished pieces, please post everyone. Hey, Dianna, I will be at the feastival Wednsday, maybe we will see you there. Enjoy the rest of your visit!

water girl
08-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Hello! What a wonderful weekend we all had. Dianna, you are the best. You motivate us all to push the envelope. Patti, in spite of the fact you were rearranging the store, you remained the perfect hostess..... We all look forward to your cookies. And to all those new and returning artists, thanks for the laughs and inspiration. You are the best. And you all know who you are!!! Yes, the weekend ended, and on the way home Barb, Terri, Gail and I kept asking where the time had gone. I was lucky enough to keep Gail around for a few days and show her San Diego. Hi Gail!:wave: Let's do this next year! :clap: :clap: :clap:

ponting
08-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Thank you again ladies! Hope you conquer those strawberries Karen :lol:
Too bad Desiree...I went yesterday and once there thought...Duh...should have asked when you were going. I am off later today with Patti to take some photos of the sealife in the tidal pools, then flying home tomorrow so I had better get out there and catch my last day of sun.

For those of you who were interested, I did on on-line search in regards to the boots I bought and the company merged and changed it's name in 1921 so they are at least that old. Found an ad on e-bay dated 1910 that looks very close.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Aug-2008/34523-San-Clemente-2009-005.jpg

Cheers, Di :wave:

Weezy
08-21-2008, 01:04 PM
OK, so do we get to see you walk in those contraptions??? (One of the kattywampus kids).......tee hee.....

ponting
08-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Oh yah!! only if you can change my foot from a 9 to a 4. :lol: I was so amazed at the weight of them ( or lack of it) that I had to find out what it was....just a smidge over 7 ounces each! I think my Crocs weigh more than they do!

Happy painting everyone...Cheers, Di