PDA

View Full Version : Red Bikini

tonyjazz
08-14-2008, 12:02 PM
18 x 24 canvas. Stepping out of my comfort zone and into more surrealism. Maybe a bit too kinky.......C & C's welcome. TJ
PS ...BG done with hosing down the canvas and letting colors drip and blend.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Aug-2008/103497-000_0011.jpg

Close up of BG:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Aug-2008/103497-CLOSEUP_X.jpg

AMuse
08-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Wow this is really different for you! way to step out of your zone. Did you have fun painting it?

I love the background... what a good idea.

I'm not sold on her pose, but really I've never sat on skull so who am I to say ;)

Ronni
08-14-2008, 03:37 PM
An exciting moment for me!!!!! Such an interesting painting!!! The girl's immage is a challanging riddle; her custume, haircut, pose, the ball she holds and the skull she sits on. Who is she and what does she express? And of course the whole enviornment with tree, birds and purpul background. Any viewer can solve the riddle his own way, I guess men will feel differently; the success of yours, it looks worth observing and questioning. I'm waiting to the next!

Nilesh
08-14-2008, 04:03 PM
Reminds me way too much of an ex-girlfriend, but thanks for posting anyway. ;)

Ms.Understood
08-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Well, well, well...what have we here? So the missing boot makes me think she is a very dark version of Cinderella...:evil:

This is quite intrieging! Enjoying your new direction!:thumbsup:

Sylph_14
08-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Do I sense a Vampirella fan? XD nice work, I like the runny purple background

Bizkit
08-14-2008, 07:23 PM
Yeah, you definately got a Vamprella thing going on here with this classic pose.
I like, love, the overall concept. The background is stunning, and the bats make it all the more believable. The only recommendations I would make is that your figure doest really give me that mystical vampire feel. I almost feel like she should be holding some Flowers or something. Also, she appears a bit young for the costume, the skull is a bit skewed in that I really didnt know what it was until someone commented on it and I still dont understand the missing boot.
I guess since I am so familiar with the original picture that I might be too critical here, sorry if I am, just trying to help.

dreamz
08-14-2008, 08:02 PM
I like it Tony although I think your birds? bats? I'll go with bats, look to regimented, uniform size/in a line etc. Your central figure turned out really well, personally I think she should have been much paler instead of skin tone, perhaps an ultralight almost white blue?

Lady Carol
08-14-2008, 08:06 PM
TJ, what are you trying to say? :evil:

I confess to preferring your seascapes, and you know I have a TJ original :lol:

edtree
08-15-2008, 05:16 AM
:wave: Hi Tony!

Well, it is for sure very different from your norm.:lol: What I like about it though is all the questions it brings up. The most curious to me is the one shoe and sock missing. Another would be the significance of the white ball in her hand. Personally, I don't think you should change anything about it, except maybe the title. :D

Elizabeth

tonyjazz
08-15-2008, 10:48 AM
Thanx all for the comments and input! Just stepping out of the ordinary and a change from seascapes! Skull, bats, dead tree, cross, vampirish looking young girl, weird BG, one shoe, kinky pose, a lot of fun really! No drugs used while painting btw.....lol. TJ

Ms.Understood
08-15-2008, 03:33 PM
No drugs used while painting btw.....lol. TJ
:lol: uh-huh, sure..:wink2: lol

sonita
08-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Ohhhhh, this is indeed different coming from. I like it :)
Soni