PDA

View Full Version : Got my Mojo Workin!

MadWickedStiner
08-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Don't have a title for this one yet, but it's one of my favorites I've done in a while. The "different strokes" challenge this week is set to be my best work ever...

Needless to say, my wife and I use the term "Mojo" when we have our creative juices flowing... or not... "I've got Mojo" is our term for I'm on fire with my creativity...

So, how's your mojo lately??
Oh, and C&C's welcome... This is on Canvas and it's 18 X 36

-Brian
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Aug-2008/72764-TreeAtNight.jpg

aszurblue
08-13-2008, 02:17 PM
Man do you ever have those Van Gogh strokes down!! Good Mojo!! I love the energy in this. Supper work!! Azure

Antony Burt
08-13-2008, 02:29 PM
I like the contrast in technique between the background and tree. The wind blowing and churning, while the tree is solid and unbending. Wonderful mojo! :)

Charlie's Mum
08-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Love all the action in those brushstokes - and the colour changes are great!

Quick, harness that Mojo while it's here!

Linee
08-13-2008, 05:21 PM
So much life and movement. You've got me really curious about your bridge now. :)

Ms.Understood
08-13-2008, 05:24 PM
Love the size and shape of the canvas, as well as how you filled it! Can't wait to see your different strokes entry. Happy mojo!

Lady Carol
08-13-2008, 06:58 PM
This is very appealing with the movement and the colours.

jking09
08-13-2008, 06:59 PM
wow that's an awesome painting..
i like your inspiration!

mpattie
08-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Very Van Gogh-ish. Great colors. Very nice.
Pat

Bizkit
08-13-2008, 07:44 PM
Me? Im low on Mojo at the moment...
Id name the painting.........................VANGOUGHJO.!!!!!

MadWickedStiner
08-13-2008, 10:49 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments!

Not being able to show my Bridge for the challenge this month is killing me.. still 7 days left.. seems like an eternity!

I can see the "van gogh style" in my style (which is ever changing btw)... there just isn't any other way to describe that kind of short strokes and color work... Pointilism is a name for what Seurat started... but we don't call it Seurat like... you know? Is there a name for Van Gogh's type of painting? Or is he wholly unique... I think my style is different than his, a progressive take on that style, which is now my own...

Anyway, thanks again for the comments! I'm really glad you all like it! Now, If I could only figure out how much to sell it for to a doctor who's interested in it! Any Suggestions??

-Brian

susme48
08-14-2008, 12:12 AM
Brian, this is defiinitely van goghish...but you also! Interesting!

Biz...rofl!!

OkeeKat
08-14-2008, 01:08 AM
Fantastic!!

asnowfall
08-14-2008, 03:05 AM
looks creative and colors gradation is also good.
Ramesh

PattiLou
08-14-2008, 10:04 AM
I like it much better than Van Gogh... the colors are bright, clear and cheerful. You could say it is Brianish :wink2: .

Patti

Artchrispy
08-14-2008, 10:12 AM
Great movement. Love the composition! It's a blast of energy.

arl
08-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Beautiful. I love the brush strokes and the overall composition.

LavenderFrost
08-14-2008, 12:37 PM
The background is really cool, especially the lower half. Looks like stained glass.

edtree
08-15-2008, 04:31 AM
:wave: This displays beautifully! Something very special here, in my opinion. I can see why you have a potential sale on it already! As for price, I would say you should charge what ever you would normally. You'll probably get a lot of good exposure, which counts for something too! :D

Elizabeth

MadWickedStiner
08-15-2008, 12:22 PM
See, that's the problem.. I've never sold a painting as a professional artist... I showed this to the place I work, and they're thinking of using some of my art as a way to make money for our hospitial's foundation, and before they put them up on the wall with a price tag, one of the doctors who works here came into the office, saw it and asked how much, because he loved it! I said I'd have to get back to him because I've never looked at my art to sell... I just paint because I love it.. I love the smell of the paints, I love the feel of the paint on my brush, I love the feel of the canvas and how the color on the canvas makes me feel... I guess that equates to sellable art (art from your heart), but I don't know what to do... Charge too much and no one buys it.. charge too little and you sell yourself short...
Do I charge by the hour? Add up equipment costs and put a mark up on that? Do I blindly charge a random ammount? Charge by the inch? ARGH!!:crying::evil::envy::confused::confused::confused:

-Brian

MadWickedStiner
12-08-2008, 11:06 AM
BTW!

I donated this to a silent auction at the Diabetes Foundation's annual holiday dinner and auction, and it sold for $240.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

I guess that now means I've sold a painting... Although I didn't see any of the monies from this, I was paid in serious Karma points going forward.

-Brian

*dee*
12-08-2008, 11:14 AM
Very cool...all the way around! Good karma for you, funds for the charity, and an AWESOME painting for the buyer! :thumbsup: