PDA

View Full Version : Some experiments with Interactive.....

Voynich
08-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Hey all. I'm new here and, I must say, there's some interesting stuff.

Anyway, I've been experimenting with the Interactive Acrylics and I really like them. They can be used like regular acrylics and are slow, too. I find myself using them both ways now.

I thought I'd post some recent paintings I've done with them. If anyone else has done any paintings with Interactive I'd like to see them, please post.
It'd be nice to see what others are doing with this paint.

loobyteacher
08-12-2008, 11:58 PM
gorgeous color!! I haven't used interactive acrylics but it looks like you are doing some great work with them! I really like the first one.

welcome

chammi kaiser
08-13-2008, 05:17 AM
Thanks for sharing. Interesting work. They look a little like watercolours. I particularly like the second one. Lovely harmonious colours.

Charlie's Mum
08-13-2008, 05:14 PM
Welcome to the forum!
I do like your paintings - love your high-key colours.
I have some Interactives but have only used them once so far: did you use a knife for these paintings?
There are other threads about these paints - and Chroma has a Partner forum at the top of the main Acrylics forum page - you'll find more stuff there!

Ms.Understood
08-13-2008, 06:09 PM
I'm a fan of the figure, so I really like 2 & 3. I use interactives, but not exclusively.

Voynich
08-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Thanks all for a warm welcome and the comments!!!

Thanks for sharing. Interesting work. They look a little like watercolours. I particularly like the second one. Lovely harmonious colours.
That's what I'm liking about the Interactive acrylic. It can be used like a fluid acrylic or watercolor, or a textured, heavy bodied acrylic. It can even be blended like an oil. The have some great colors, really vibrant!!!

Welcome to the forum!
I do like your paintings - love your high-key colours.
I have some Interactives but have only used them once so far: did you use a knife for these paintings?
There are other threads about these paints - and Chroma has a Partner forum at the top of the main Acrylics forum page - you'll find more stuff there!

I did a lot of scratching into layers in the abstract one, did a lot of glazing in the mannequin and used the paint more like an oil in the sculpture studies.

Again thanks for the comments and the "hellos". I recommend giving the Interactives a whirl, they're pretty darn versatile.

jennifervs
08-14-2008, 09:18 AM
Nice paintings! Definately check out Chroma's partner forum on WC and Chroma's website. You'll find a lot of info about Interactive, and you can check out other paintings too!