PDA

View Full Version : Letter of the Week 'C'

quills
08-08-2008, 10:26 AM
I understand Kim is a busy... a C to carry on the thread.
It is one from a while ago as I am quite busy myself at present..

I do like my letters in context so have included the whole text.
Written on Daler Ingres pastel paper which has a nice texture and takes well.
Though the slight abrasive surface takes the edge off a quill quickly !

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Aug-2008/69681-Come-Back-600.jpg

Enjoy and join in !

Neil :)

marie_d
08-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Lovely piece Neil. Like the contrast of the red against the black, and a very appropriate 'hand'.
I have some pastel paper like this, never new you could use ink on it though.
Will have to give it a try. Still working on my celtic 'c', will post when finished.

Hi Kim :wave: , hope to see you back soon.

marie_d
08-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Celtic 'C', on white textured 'Zeta' paper, Size 2 Leonardt round nib, W&N calligraphy ink, Faber Castell polychromos cp's and gold gel pen.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Aug-2008/102905-celt.jpg

Hiraeth
08-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Oh, what beautiful C's! I'm embarrassed to add mine!:o

Sorry I haven't been around to read the posts or post up my 'C'. My son has been in the hospital since last Friday (long story short, after MRI, cath, three echos, xrays and 24 hour monitoring, he now is the proud owner of a new pacemaker/defibrillater and a normal heart rate for the first time in his life!)

Anyway, here's my 'C'

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Aug-2008/144882-Letter_of_the_Week_C.JPG

Hiraeth
08-09-2008, 10:53 PM
How beautiful! I love your 'C' in context!

I understand Kim is a busy... a C to carry on the thread.
It is one from a while ago as I am quite busy myself at present..

I do like my letters in context so have included the whole text.
Written on Daler Ingres pastel paper which has a nice texture and takes well.
Though the slight abrasive surface takes the edge off a quill quickly !

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Aug-2008/69681-Come-Back-600.jpg

Enjoy and join in !

Neil :)

Hiraeth
08-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Very cool. Knotwork, a dragon, beautiful lettering--perfect!

Celtic 'C', on white textured 'Zeta' paper, Size 2 Leonardt round nib, W&N calligraphy ink, Faber Castell polychromos cp's and gold gel pen.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Aug-2008/102905-celt.jpg

quills
08-10-2008, 10:17 AM
Excellent news Kim how you managed to do this lovely piece with all your worries is quite amazing.
A fine C Marie and interesting lettering the varied pen angle is intriguing.

Hiraeth
08-10-2008, 10:26 AM
;) I had the 'C' completed before we went to the hospital. The challenge will be to get the 'D' finished this week. I have a couple of bookmarks that are VERY overdue. Thankfully, everyone is understanding, even the guy who wants to propose marriage with his bookmark!

And thanks for your kind words about my piece. I am very much out of my league here and the encouragement is greatly appreciated!

Excellent news Kim how you managed to do this lovely piece with all your worries is quite amazing.
A fine C Marie and interesting lettering the varied pen angle is intriguing.

marie_d
08-11-2008, 05:07 AM
Glad to hear your news about your sons pacemaker, how old is he Kim? Hope he is doing ok, you must have had a lot of worry.

Nice 'C', love the colour. Great idea to make them into a book.

Hiraeth
08-11-2008, 07:16 AM
Hi Marie,

My son is 23 years old. Yes, it was a long, difficult week with a few scary days, but all is well now. Jake was born with multiple, major heart defects and we've always known that he would need a pacemaker someday, so it was not a complete surprise. What came as a surprise is that he had no symptoms. His overnight heart rate was dipping into the 20's and he had pauses between 3-5 seconds. Those are the kinds of arrhythmias that you don't wake up from. We had no idea. He looked and felt fine.

Someday he will need a heart transplant, but all the various tests and diagnostic tools they conducted are showing that his heart is in pretty good condition, all things considered. So the specter of a heart transplant has been pushed waaaay out in to the future again (probably in his late 40's to 50's).

marie_d
08-11-2008, 04:55 PM
I'm not surprised you had some scary days, it must have been very hard for you and your family as well as for Jake. Please give Jake my best wishes.

TessDB
08-12-2008, 09:20 AM
Excellent news about your son, Kim!

Looking forward to seeing your "D"!

Rosemary

Hiraeth
08-12-2008, 09:28 AM
He's doing better every day! :D

I'm looking forward to seeing my "D", too! That Lombardic 'D' has always been impossibly hard for me. I can never get it right. I may have to cheat and do a Roman-ized version. Still working on the "real" version, though. Getting closer but not there yet. (maybe I don't want to see my 'D' after all!) :thumbsup:

Excellent news about your son, Kim!

Looking forward to seeing your "D"!

Rosemary

azulparsnip
01-21-2009, 01:47 PM
I started the alphabet with the letter D and so I'm finishing up posting this C along with the Z in the Z thread.

jjsangel
01-21-2009, 02:36 PM
Quills..very nice C and beautiful lettering in your quote.

Marie_d...beautiful celtic C.

Kim...Love the C and the candy corn.. very cute..

azul...Verrrry colorful C's. I think I like the first one best. Nice colors.

elsietreenut
01-22-2009, 10:24 PM
azul, these are nice. Your letters are so spontaneous and full of fun.

Hiraeth
01-23-2009, 07:41 AM
I LOVE that you are going back and finishing your alphabet! You go girl!

I started the alphabet with the letter D and so I'm
finishing up posting this C along with the Z in the Z thread.

azulparsnip
01-23-2009, 08:17 AM
Thank you Sharon, Elsie & Kim -