PDA

View Full Version : Invitation!

klord
07-29-2008, 01:46 AM
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am honored to have some of my work featured in a wonderful little gallery in Menlo Park CA called the Portola Art Gallery for the month of August. I would like to cordially invite any WC'ers that may be in the area to come by the reception on August 9th from 1-4pm. I would love to meet you, and share pastels stories with you! Plus, we will have wine and munchies, and the biggest plus, is that the gallery is on the grounds of the Historic Allied Arts Guild. Allied Arts Guild is a beautiful and historic garden oasis, home to unique shops, open artists' studios, and a charming café since 1929. A great family outing and beautiful gardens to explore, or even better bring your pastels and set up and paint!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Jul-2008/104623-Dance_of_the_Eucalyptus_16x8small.jpg
Dance of the Eucalyptus 16x8

PeggyB
07-29-2008, 02:58 AM
Thank you for the invitation Kim. I wish I lived close enough to attend your reception because I admire your work greatly. Maybe another time as we do have relatives in the Bay area.

I wish you well in this endeavor.

Peggy

Colorix
07-29-2008, 05:03 AM
Congrats! I'd love to come, if only I didn't live on the other side of the globe. Good luck with the show, and hope you meet many WCers.

Donna T
07-29-2008, 08:06 AM
I don't care if gas is $4 a gallon, or more out there in California. If I lived in the state a trip to meet you and see your inspirational work in person would be worth every penny. Best wishes for a successful show, Kim!

Donna

nana b
07-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Kim, I wish you the best showing ever and wish I could be there!! Your quality of art is still what I'm shooting for in a very humble way.

The Best,
nana

Paula Ford
07-29-2008, 01:48 PM
I don't care if gas is $4 a gallon, or more out there in California. If I lived in the state a trip to meet you and see your inspirational work in person would be worth every penny. Best wishes for a successful show, Kim!

Donna

D I T T O ! ! !

HarvestMoon
07-29-2008, 02:14 PM
what a beautiful painting- congrads!!!

klord
07-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Thank you so much, Peggy, Charlie, Donna, nana, Paula and Linda! Wish we all could meet in person. Thank goodness for the WC!

Wrichards
07-29-2008, 06:41 PM
Congratz :)

I grew up in menlo park one block over from Allied Arts HAHA..

Punky2
07-29-2008, 08:19 PM
I wish I could go too Kim!

Best wishes to you. Beautiful tree painting.

Terri

bnoonan
08-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Hi Kim,

Have a fabulous show and wish I could be there. Portola Valley is such a wonderful spot.

I'll watch for my tickets in the mail. Remember - First Class is always my preference and have the limo driver who picks me up have the Air Conditioner on. Oh and can you have a set of Giraults awaiting me - yes the full set!

Can't wait- I'm packing my apron!

Barb

bnoonan
08-06-2008, 01:38 PM
PS: I'd love that particular painting wrapped and ready for me to take on the plane with me. :) It's positively smashing!!! Love the colors and how you create that marvelous fog atmosphere in the background.

You rock my friend!!!!:wave:

Hugsy25
08-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Congrates on the show!

I too wish I lived close enough to come... or even had the money to spontaneously jump on a plane.

Kathryn Wilson
08-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Hi Kim,

Have a fabulous show and wish I could be there. Portola Valley is such a wonderful spot.

I'll watch for my tickets in the mail. Remember - First Class is always my preference and have the limo driver who picks me up have the Air Conditioner on. Oh and can you have a set of Giraults awaiting me - yes the full set!

Barb

DITTO FOR ME - waiting for my tickets, cute driver, and a studio to work in.

klord
08-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Hi Kim,

Barb

Thanks, Barbara! Would you like that painting with a red or blue ribbon around it? SOrry, can't do the Giraults, but probably have a set of Ludwigs here!:D

klord
08-06-2008, 07:06 PM
DITTO FOR ME - waiting for my tickets, cute driver, and a studio to work in.

Thanks, Kathryn, but you will have to share the cute driver with me:D

klord
08-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Thank you so much, Richard, Terri and PHyllis.

Jancee
08-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Kim..I'd love to take the trip up there, but I am already scheduled somewhere else. Gosh, if things change, I'll be there.
Beautiful, beautiful painting.....as usual.

bnoonan
08-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Red Ribbon please.... and I'll take the Terry's any time!!!

Barb:thumbsup:

Thanks, Barbara! Would you like that painting with a red or blue ribbon around it? SOrry, can't do the Giraults, but probably have a set of Ludwigs here!:D

AliciaS
08-08-2008, 10:00 AM
I wish you all the best KiM! Is this in Northern California? I just found this thread this morning....
Have a great show!!!