PDA

View Full Version : Storage of pastel sticks

rankamateur1
07-25-2008, 10:52 AM
With a great deal of trepidation, I finally got brave and started breaking my pastel sticks into smaller chunks. I'm working up to merging and organizing by hue/intensity. But I'd like to get the "mother" pieces out of the way someplace as they take up a lot of space on my worktable that could be put to better use.

I have an old chest of hardward drawers out in my garage - you know, lots of little drawers in a cabinet. This looks like just the ticket for storing the "mother" hunks, but it is in an unheated garage. I am in the northeastern USA where it can get very cold and dry in the winter (sometimes freezes in garage), hot and damp in the summer. How does temp/humidity affect the pastel sticks?

Luana

HarvestMoon
07-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Luana- your pastel sticks should be fine...I had to store mine on an un-airconditioned front porch for a couple of years- in central Texas- we are talking 100 degrees F from April to September....I have heard from Canadians working in unheated front porches that freezing does not hurt them either...

Kathryn Wilson
07-25-2008, 03:37 PM
I usually leave my "mother" pieces in the boxes in which they came and then store them - possibly under the bed? Mine are out in an unheated, un-airconditioned building and are doing fine.