PDA

View Full Version : Awakening--C&C?

Ms.Understood
07-20-2008, 05:49 PM
This is 24 x 30" wrapped canvas, there is a base of metalic silver incorporated in here. It's not new, it's about a year old, I finished it just before I discovered WC. I'm interested in seeing it through fresh newly exposed eyes. ALL comments and critiques are appreciated.:wave:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jul-2008/117883-Awakening,_Acrylic_24_x_30.JPG

Lady Carol
07-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Lovely. I so want to see a hint of colour, in say the eye

gaykir
07-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Stellar!

pacmanJohn
07-20-2008, 06:44 PM
Very well done. I agree with Carol on the touch of color, maybe a smidge of burnt sienna, etc in the iris of the eye or a bit in the nostril, though I realize that you're going for a cold look. Love the drawing... The hair is great.

susme48
07-20-2008, 07:17 PM
This is too cool, Jenny!! I really like this...but I do think just a tiny touch of color, might work.

id-art
07-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Unusual pose/composition, distorted features and only one eye = a sure emotional impact. Don't think color would improve it.

zoropb
07-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Good composition Jenny. I like monochromatic paintings done well and you pulled it off with a nice balance for the eyes to roam.

Sergio

OkeeKat
07-20-2008, 08:13 PM
Fabulous Jenny!! I love the crop!!

Lulu
07-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Brilliant! No colour please!!! but a hint of catchlight in her eye would be good.

~~Kathleen
07-20-2008, 08:30 PM
As is with the Majority, I too would love to see a wee bit of colour!
But you have the un-canny knack of knowing when you are finished.
I like it very much Jenny!
~~Kathleen

Bizkit
07-20-2008, 09:58 PM
This is fabulous!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!

RPut
07-20-2008, 10:29 PM
Absolutely one of my favorites of your work Jenny. Wow! I bet this makes a real impact in RL! Ruthie

edtree
07-21-2008, 07:22 AM
:wave: Hi Jenny!

This has so much drama and presence! Love the silvery look of her skin and the blending is excellent! The hair strands are also amazing! Since it appears we're voting on the speck of color, I am against it. You've already got a slightly different tone on the background, which to me, is enough.

Great work, as always! :thumbsup: :D

Elizabeth

arl
07-21-2008, 08:23 AM
Wonderful work and I particularly like the cropping.

chammi kaiser
07-21-2008, 04:59 PM
I like it just as it is. It has tremendous impact in b and w and I think any colour would make it a little 'kitchy'. The hair is fantastic.

amotwell
07-21-2008, 05:03 PM
I seem to be in the minority here, but I don't feel my eyes find a focal point to rest on; they just roam around the painting. Maybe that's why others have asked for a spot of color.

I'd play around on photoshop or the like on this one if you wanted to revise it. Perhaps darkening/de-emphasizing the hand would help make the eye the focal point?

Hope this helps, but I'm obviously not seeing it the way others do so could be way off . . .

Ms.Understood
07-21-2008, 08:19 PM
I think any colour would make it a little 'kitchy'.
I'm inclined to agree with this statement.

I respect everyone's input immensely and batted the idea of color around for days. I decided it would really change it drasically in a direction that I'm not looking for in this particular piece before several votes came in to not add the color. So thank-you to those of you who feel it is unnecessary for easing my mind in this decision.

Thank-you all for your honesty and insight.:thumbsup:

This was the first painting I did and was proud of, after several weeks of painting seriously and moving in the direction of an art career. It has been on display in a variety of venues since January and is currently back in my home where I've been viewing it with nostalgia and needed some fresh input on it from some of my peers. I very am pleased with your responses and ideas. Thank-you for taking the time to look and for suggesting other possibilities.:)

Artchrispy
07-22-2008, 12:45 PM
Really nice work. If you were to ever go the color route another option would be an overall transparent glaze to add warmth, say of a thin shade of red or yellow. Just a slight tint. It would technically still be a grey scale painting but with a slight temperature identity, if that makes sense. Although I do like it as is. It's a great compositon.