Lady Carol
07-20-2008, 10:01 AM
Another new week :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

OkeeKat
07-20-2008, 10:41 AM
WOW that week flew by!! Morning Carol!!:wave:
Gota be quiet so not to wake Kathleen and Susan!!:evil:
Hiya Howard wherever you are!! Hope your taking it easy and resting!!:wave:
Finaly awake now and redid the photo for my Mum's painting, Gona varnish it today so can get it in the mail tomorrow for her birthday!
I'll be back later to see if they finaly get moving!!:lol:

susme48
07-20-2008, 10:49 AM
Moving?....I am moving. Crawling, but moving. It was around 4 when I fell asleep....but I am up for coffee with the neighbor. What I do after that...well...who knows...lol!! Kathie that painting is really nice!!

Morning Carol!!

idylbrush
07-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Made it through yet another week.

Here is my little charge for this week. Completely assembled and ready for work....
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jul-2008/36241-finished_stage.jpg

Last night we had Jet Black Stare, Hinder, Staind, and 3 Doors Down. Show ran nearly 5 hours and we had about 8000 people in the audience.

My blood pressure is coming around, just taking time. 110/70 seems reasonable. Been fine tuning the medications. I will survive this.

Last nights show was the biggie and from here on in it gets a bit easier, thank goodness.

So, I have survived and feeling a bit better.

Tonight I am a juror on a plein aire event on the grounds today. I and a professor from the University of Delaware, Dover.

They have a few entries so it can't possibly devastatingly long.

OkeeKat
07-20-2008, 11:08 AM
:lol: good to see you Moving Susan!!:D
Now its time to get the brushes moving!! :lol: Enjoy the quiet!!
Thanks much Susan glad you like my floral painting, I'm not good at flowers yet but it turned out ok. Hubby says its my best yet, not being a dog painting! :lol: And suggested I get some larger canvases.. he even asked how much the canvas is to get it off the frame, thinking he can make the frames and might be cheaper in the longrun.
Has anyone stretched their canvas on frames and stapled it in the back?? Wonder if its hard to do.:rolleyes:
oh well back to varnishing! Catch ya later!!:wave:

OkeeKat
07-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Hi Howard!!:wave: you posted same time as I..
wow that is some stage!! WHere are you and the show??
Glad to hear your doing good. Anytime for yourself.. as with painting??? or sketching?? Take it easy and rest up!! yup thats a pretty good reading for you BP!!:thumbsup: keep up the good work.. You WILL survive it!!:heart:

susme48
07-20-2008, 11:14 AM
You see Kathie....I HAD to try every tube of paint I had...to make sure you and Kathleen did not mess them up....so it took me a LONG time? (sounds good huh??)

dejaa
07-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Morning everyone,

Morning Carol, Kathie , Susan, Howard, coffee is on, but I'm kinda moving like Susan. Made toffee cookies last night help yourselves.

Howard Glad you made it through the big event. Awesome stage. Sadly the only band name I recognize if 3 Doors Down and don't know their music. Have fun judging.

I slept late this morning. Let Dekotah out at 5:30 and then went back to bed. Daniel let him in at 8:30 before he left and Dekotah woke me up again.

Yesterday was very productive, most of my art supples are now in the studio, still trying to rearrange things to suit me, and got my big freeze defrosted so that I can move the corn from Daniels freezer to it. When you get use to spreading and sprawling it is not easy to compact everything.

Friday the Pride group leader was cleaning out his office and through away all the old out date yard of the month signs. A while back he had given me some to make a lap box and use for water color paper. The stuff is corrugated plastic board about 24" x 30". Great for stretching paper on and other stuff.
So instead of letting it go to the dump, I brought it home. The kids can us it when they start painting for drawing boards, etc. Now have to find a place to put it in the studio. Old Bottle style.

There is an old Pepsi machine out there that I hate, but have found a way to utilize for now. We have a problem with mice being so close to fields, and this thing seals like a refrigerator. The shelves will lay flat instead of slant and just the right size for 9x12 or smaller paper pads and my palette boxes fit on a shelf. Moved it to the end where the Karaoke stuff will be and will try and use it.

Better get ready for church. check in later.

Lady Carol
07-20-2008, 04:42 PM
Hiya everyone.

Hibernating today. It is stinking hot out there and I do have to go to the supermarket. Oh, and have to do one of my all time pet hates....shop for a card. Hubby's birthday is tomorrow. He can't decide what he wants, so at this stage it may just be dinner out somewhere. My birthday is at the end of next week and I know exactly what I want and he will get it for me. :D:D

I have been working on this drawing (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=507646)

susme48
07-20-2008, 06:50 PM
Nice stage setting, Howard! I will have to say I never heard of any of the groups/people :o ...but I basically quit listening once the sixties were over....:lol: ...my kids know almost more words to the oldies than I do.

So glad to hear you are feeling better!! Hope the judging goes smoothly!

This kid knows nothing about canvases, Kathie...other than I have heard it is a bit tough to get them stretched right without all the right tools. I'm sure the others know.

Dejaa...glad your getting the studio done!!

Carol...I know what you mean about hot!! The card thing doesn't bother me too much...I make most of my own. Since I started painting there are a few prints out there...lol! Combine that with a quick poem...and voila! :)

The drawing is going great! :thumbsup:

Katwyld
07-20-2008, 07:00 PM
*hugs Howard* Sorry to hear you were having problems... that's not good! Glad to hear it's better now though. Take care of you, dear!

Sorry I've been absent.. went up to Buffalo to visit the family.. a week and a few days, and it was a wonderful, actually relaxing time... usually we run ourselves ragged with his family, and need another vacation once we get home! But this time was really nice,... until the drive home... got all the way down to Knoxville (northern border of Tennessee, about 2 hours from our house)... Jon had to use the facilities when we stopped for gas, so I took the dogs out to do their business (not as hard as it sounds... even though they're all big, I've got them very well trained so that one person can really walk all three... it's not great, but it's not even close to the hard time people would think it could be)... I stepped onto the curb, then onto the grass, then took another step... and went down like a sack of potatoes... twisted my ankle bad... and it started swelling almost immediately, and was kinda bad in less than 5 minutes... Got up and hopped over to the passenger door with the dogs, two of them did their business, and none of them pulled... When I went down, they all stopped and stood stock still... Good dogs.

Didn't wanna go to an ER up there, so we iced it, drove the rest of the way home, got the dogs settled in at home and went to the ER here... after 3 1/2 hours, found out it wasn't broken but very badly sprained, and I have to keep the brace on for 2 weeks, and am on crutches for 1 week... and have to see an orthopedic doctor if it doesn't feel better in a week...

What a way to end a vacation... I feel so bad for my hubby... he was ok with finishing the driving (he'd done it all from leaving NY), but then he had to unpack the Jeep by himself (we came home with more stuff than we left with, and had to put a bunch of stuff on the luggage rack up top), then drive me to the ER and wait... And the whole time he was worried about me and doing everything he could for me... such a sweetheart...

But I get a few extra days to paint at least. :p

susme48
07-20-2008, 07:15 PM
Wow, Kat...hope you feel better soon!! Glad your hubby was such a sweetie!

meganj
07-20-2008, 07:38 PM
Hey guys... sorry I've been gone so long! Computer issues, lost my password, couldn't figure out which email I used, etc... I'm back now, and glad to see some familiar faces. I'm still painting in acrylics and I'll put some up for you guys to see soon! I've been painting people of all things.

Take care!

Megan

OkeeKat
07-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Phew everyone seems to have had a busy days since I stopped in last!!
:lol: Susan, glad you tested all the paints..:evil: Left 'em as nice as I could!!:lol:

Carol, Those grapes Look great so far, its going to be Fantastic I'm sure!! looks like your relay getting the hang of the color pencils!!:clap: What is it you have in mind for your birthday?? art stuff I bet!!:lol:
Dejaa, glad to see your getting your studio finaly organized.. photos soon I hope!!:D
OHH Kat!! so good to see ya back, sounds like you had a great time visiting your family! did you get any painting or drawing done?? SOOO Sorry to hear of your mishap on the way home!! keep the leg up and take it easy.. after a few days swelling ease up some and you can sit and paint!! We did miss ya!!
Only music groups I know is Hinder!! boy I must be realy out of sinc!!:lol:

Hubby and I went to the movies this afternoon and saw Hancock!! then did grocery shopping and resting a bit now after dinner... Quick bubba burgers!!:D

~~Kathleen
07-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Hey all....
Yesterday evening, I posted with a big Faux-Pas....'and a sweet lady let me know that I didn't know what day it really was:wave:.
But being retired, not knowing what day it is, is a very good thing!:lol:
So I am re-doing Sunday in its' entirety and having a ball correcting the excesses of the first! (you know, cleaning, washing dishes etc)

Tehehehehe Kathie....I was up this AM before the birds for a sunrise swim.
Just me the birds and a herd of deer feeding in the local farmers wheat:eek:...poor fellas, have no idea whats in store for them. But for a while I was one with Nature, and practiced my "Mindfullness"
(a Buddhist practice where one becomes acutely aware of the world about them)
The air is cool and the water so deliciously warm, being that I am a smart woman, I did bring a huge thermos of coffee, and a good fuzzy wrap to lay in in-between dunks!
A wonderful beginning to my day!
Howard....that is awesome, but I am happy that it is over for you now! Hopefully everything is up-hill for you from here-on in!
Have fun judging the paintings, you are an asset to them in this.

Kathie....It can be more expensive stretching your own canvas' but the up-side is that you can always get the sizes you want.
There is a wonderful article here @ Wet Canvas re stretching and making your own frames. Use the search button above to find it, key words are "stretching your own canvas".
Or, search Golden Paints for a wonderfully informative article on the same subject! Seen here;
http://www.goldenpaints.com/justpaint/jp17article1.php

Hi Dejaa....a little hint re the Pepsi Machine used to store paper in.....Because these things can get musty when they are not opened often place a bag of plain BBQ briquettes on the bottom. (Make sure there is NO starter fluid in the briquettes.) This will keep your paper fresh and dry at all times. Just slit the top open, and when you change the bag next year, you can use the briquettes in the BBQ.

Susan....I didn't use much of your paints, as I am aware how we all covet our own art supplies, as you can tell, you couldn't see which ones I used at all:angel:

Carol....Your birthday huh? How old? What do you want? Are you going to let us know? No matter, your presence among us is what counts. I commented on your WIP at the other forum, and will be watching your progress, (in awe, I must admit).
Give your patient husband a hug for me and thank him for allowing us the use of your precious time so often.:heart: He is a sweetie.

Kat.... Welcome back, at least you know how to make Lemonade out of Lemons (Paint away sweetie, paint away, with these found hours)

I am at home in the air-conditioning, just clunking about now, I just may lay down to read and nap a wee bit yet!:rolleyes:
~~Kathleen

Katwyld
07-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Thanks, Susan... He is such a sweetie!

Welcome back, Megan! Glad ya got things figured out.

Kathie, yes, I did, actually... Painting outside on my Mom's porch, but not plein air... just enjoying the fresh, cooler air. heh

Kathleen, yeah, kinda have to... it's done and there's little point in being crabby about it... :)

dejaa
07-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Kat hope your ankle gets better soon, but in enjoy the time off.

Thanks Kathleen, I will get a small one and put it in. I wondered what to put in it just in case. Surprisingly it was not musty when I opened it this week.

Carol love the new project.

I hope everyone had a great day.

susme48
07-21-2008, 12:46 AM
Hi, Megan! :wave: Glad you are back....Nice to meet you! :)

Thanks for being careful with my paints, Kathie! :lol:

Kathleen, I hope you enjoyed your second Sunday, even more than yesterdays! :) I also appreciate your being careful with my stuff, and I have forgotten all about the jam...ah huh...yep, forgot alllllllll about it :lol:

~~Kathleen
07-21-2008, 01:31 AM
It has been a fabulous day Susan!
I did what I wanted when I wanted, and as I wanted!
I swam/meditated/painted/caught up here/read a wee bit/slept more/and had an all round grand day!

I hope you are going to buy more Jam, as I was thinking of picking you up next week and we could visit Kathie.
No problem if they're not at home because, I know where they hide the key, (you know that one they hide in the mailbox) But don't tell anyone where it is, 'cause I promised not to say anything about it!
And we could have toast & Jam at their place, and maybe check out her studio.

Maybe Someone else wants to join us?
People just love when we visit unannounced!:eek:
Susan, how is Bob liking being on the road? Bet as much as you do having him there!
(Hi Bob, Just joking, take care! you hear?)

Hi Megan, I missed your saying hello, I don't know if we have met yet, but I just know we will be good friends soon.
(That is something that happens a lot around here)
Almost off to bed now, I was up early and the afternoon nap dosen't count!:wink2:
~~Kathleen
Who will see everyone tomorrow!

idylbrush
07-21-2008, 06:12 AM
The plein air program went well. Not well attended but enough to award a first, second, and third place ribbons with cash awards.

One was fun in that the artists really thought about the effort and made it a point to bring in things that others certainly didn't think about. While at times I find some of these things a bit gimmicky in this instance it was worth the effort. She added on some rhinestones and glitter stuff that helped portray the feeling of the Fair Midway and made and effort to get the details right and in order. There was also a piece on the ag display that was good, the effort was in order and also there was some nice sense of light and shadow (isn't that what it's all about for the most part). They had 5 hours to paint their pieces and for that time frame it was reasonably remarkable. Hey it was fun and it was light spirited. What can I say.

OkeeKat
07-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Hi Megan!! welcome back, Its nice to meet you and glad to see you here!! We will have lotsa fune here!! Just ask Kathleen!!:evil:
OHH GOODIE GOODIE!!! Who we gonna go visit next Kathleen??:clap:
I love looking around at new places :lol:

So glad you had a great day Kathleen, sounds soooo peaceful!!
Hi Susan!!:wave: Are we all up and awake???
I am.. I think.. hmmm.. maybe.. yea.. sure.. yup I am.. now.. /sigh.:confused:
Good to see you had some eventful downtime Howard, sounds like a delightful day!! would have loved to watch them paint during those 5 hrs.
Hi Carol, Dejaa, Kat!! Did everyone get their coffee??? I smell it coming from somewhere... mmm such a good smell in the mornin', even though I dont drink it! :lol: I Just have my old faitful large glass of OJ!!
Seems the only thing that helps clear my throat in the morning.
Well.. I have a bunch of errands.. amongst gettin my painting off to be shipped so sooner the better.. Have a great day all.. Will check back with ya later..
Happy Painting!!!:wave:

Shirl Parker
07-21-2008, 11:25 AM
Kathie, I stretched my own canvas for that 60x30 surf board painting I did. It was way cheaper than buying it ready made. If you want more details, let me know.

OkeeKat
07-21-2008, 11:34 AM
ohh thanks so much Shirl!! I sent you a PM and you can email me with info if you'd like. More info the better.. just gona pass it onto hubby he thinks he can make them for me will see.

Ohh I gota show you all a cute little painting I did last night for another forum, paintdoodles.com.. this was a challenge where everyone was given a letter of the alphabet to paint.. I was given M.. so here is mine.. and its a 5x7 watercolor..just a quickie..
Mickey Mouse on a Motorcycle!!:lol:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jul-2008/137439-MMmotorcyclePD.jpg

Lady Carol
07-21-2008, 11:45 AM
Carol, Those grapes Look great so far, its going to be Fantastic I'm sure!! looks like your relay getting the hang of the color pencils!!:clap:
Thanks. It is coming along. I am really enjoying coloured pencil
What is it you have in mind for your birthday?? art stuff I bet!!:lol:
No, not art stuff at all. I want a tack trunk. Wooden, nicely made, probably custom made and something along these lines (http://www.yourequinestore.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=718) although I haven't found exactly what I want, thus the custom end of it. Oh and anything horse you can tack a zero onto the end of it.....:(

~~Kathleen
07-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Morning all.
Coffee....yum!
Remember Carol.... if you get Brass fixtures on the tack box, you'll have to polish them from time to time.:wink2:

Kathie....cute Mickey for sure LOL
Next visit, I was thinking I'd pick up Susan and we could drop in on you?:rolleyes:
You must have Jam and paints for us?:D

Hi Shirl how are you doing?

Howard.... I sure hope you told the entrants about Wet Canvas :lol:
I am happy that everything went well for you yesterday, you deserved it!
I know how much you appreciate creativity in art works.
Another day of painting, Oh Darn!

Hey Susan....wake up!:wave:
Have a canvas prepared for a project that I have been thinking about for a while. Wish me luck!
~~Kathleen
Who says, Have a good one all!

susme48
07-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Kathleen, I am so glad you had a great day...I basically vegged most of the day. Been in a backwards mood lately, so I vaccuumed right before I went to bed at 11...but what the heck, the only ones who did not like it were the dogs...lol

Would be happy to pick up the Jam for a visit to Kathie's...:) :evil:

Maybe after Kathie's we could go and do something really nice for Carol's birthday while she is at work? :D I'm sure she leaves early and wewouldhaveplentyoftimetodraworpaintsomething reallyappropriatesoshewouldhaveabigsurprise! :D :evil:

Bob seems happy to be out and running...tho' he must still be a bit stressed, since he calls me to tell me to take my meds and eat each meal. Been doing that for about 58 yrs...and probably can still do it on my own...but I am taking it with a smile.

Howard....glad to know the plein air went well! And that you seem to be feeling better!

Kathie...you need to re-read what Kathleen said...we are coming to YOUR house...:angel: :evil: :angel:

I fully intended to turn over a new leaf, and start getting up earlier, and going to bed earlier; I actually was in bed before midnight,but as for getting up earlier...instead of turning over a new leaf...I just turned over...sigh :lol:

But I did varnish a bunch of paintings before my coffee...and before turning the pc on...and I am going to try and get them all framed the RIGHT way and take them back to the restaurant/cafe this afternoon. If I don't get them all done...there is always tomorrow...:o

I love your Mickey!!!!

Carol :eek: ...oh...your on :wave: ...don't read what I said earlier...it is tooooooo boriing. :wink2: That tack trunk looks really neat...do we need to hint to Craig, or have you already accomplished that? I am sure that Kathleen, Kathie, and I have the tactlessness...oops,, I mean tactfulness neccessary to drop jam...I mean hints...and let him know subtley what you want for your birthday! :) <whispering to Kathleen and Kathie that we might need to practice dropping things>

Have you decided on what to do for his yet? Wow...that is tonight?? Hope you have fun!! :clap:

Shirl Parker
07-21-2008, 01:48 PM
Hi Kathleen, I'm having a PANIC ATTACK. Here I am dog sitting with two dogs besides my own, and DOLLY is speeding up with a direct aim on Brownsville.

Lady Carol
07-21-2008, 02:39 PM
Remember Carol.... if you get Brass fixtures on the tack box, you'll have to polish them from time to time.:wink2:[B]
No brass bits. I think that looks tacky :lol: get it tack-y :D
Carol :eek: ...oh...your on :wave: ...don't read what I said earlier...it is tooooooo boriing. :wink2: That tack trunk looks really neat...do we need to hint to Craig, or have you already accomplished that? oh he is sorted out on all that. I just told him and he said yes. I was going to get it months ago but never got around to it. So it will be something that will be bought anyway. Why not for my birthday? That, or I have to think of something else. This is the easier of two evils.

Have you decided on what to do for his yet? Wow...that is tonight?? Hope you have fun!! :clap: We are going to Creeds (http://www.creedskop.com/) Haven't been there in ages and the food is good, as is the wine.

I got the cards for him. The first one I picked up was from me and was musical. The second was from the assorted animals that we have. I let Nigel chew the corner of that one as he liked to chew paper.

Lady Carol
07-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Kathie very cute painting indeed. For a junior member of the family?

susme48
07-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Shirl, don't panic yet! It is still just a tropical storm...which beats a hurricane for sure!!...and it is moving slowly and could hit way south of you before it is all over... :)

Let's take deeeeeeeep, slow breaths, so you don't hypervenilate. The weather people say Wed. am before much will happen...will you still be alone by then? Just pay attention to where the shelters are...make a plan of attack...and then be smart, and if they say go....listen to them and go. Be ready now, don't wait till the last minute to get things together....just don't leave unless they tell you to.

How many dogs do you have to add to the two you are watching? You might want to see if the vet will let you have some sedatives for them, if you have to go with multiple dogs.

When you said panic attack...I hope you were exagerating some....if not...pm me and I will call you if you want...I know what panic attacks are like...:heart:

Remember....we are here for you...there are alot of us on WC...probably even some near you that can offer help/support. Don't hesitate to ask for help from us...whether in here or in pm's....we all care about each other!!

susme48
07-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Creeds, looks nice Carol....saw this on their website... "1/2 Price Oyster Hour Monday through Friday 4 to 6 PM! " might want to go early...hehehe.

Shirl Parker
07-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Thanks Susan. My local support is a couple I also dog sit for, and my one dog and their two dogs get along fine. Adding the two extra dogs I am sitting, makes five and we have no idea how they will get along with the other two. The added dogs in the equation just makes everything more complicated. Especially if we all have to leave, it makes a big difference.

Dolly seems to be moving faster than originally predicted, when I looked on Sunday afternoon, she wasn't due to our area before Thursday, now she may hit Wednesday am and they are suggesting she will get stronger.

I have to go out now and fill up my water bottles, wouldn't you know I'm almost out.

Raymo
07-21-2008, 03:32 PM
What's up, my Buttercups !!! :wave:

Started workin on the painting of my Grandparents old place. Got my music going and I always get hot when I paint so I changed into my faux leopard print thong and nothing else. (boy, dats some kinda visual, hehe) Got my trees and grass blocked in and was gonna sketch in the house but I think i'll save that till last. Might work on my trees and get them taken care of with highlights and branches. At least i'm painting again. I get that nervous/giddy kinda feeling when I paint and whenever I do something right.......woohoo !

Lady Carol
07-21-2008, 03:37 PM
Creeds, looks nice Carol....saw this on their website... "1/2 Price Oyster Hour Monday through Friday 4 to 6 PM! " might want to go early...hehehe.
Me allergic :(

Hey Raymundo :wave:

Shirl Parker
07-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Ray, I think your post requires a butt icon!

susme48
07-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Hiya Ray....from sweet thangs to buttercups....wow!! Hmmmm....leopard print thong...yep...that is a picture alright...gonna run and take a cold shower here! hehehe

~~Kathleen
07-21-2008, 04:17 PM
:lol: at Shirl!
If I painted in a thong of any type, it'd take me a month of Sundays to dig the darn thing out!:eek:
I was wondering "Who" Dolly was...more like an it?
We have been surrounded by Tornado's all month! A couple skipped past my daughters last week,
and we got some rather nice pictures of them(?)

Lovely restaurant Carol, fine dining at its best!
They have a fabulous menu!
You can order for me, I may be a wee bit late....

--Creed's Dirty Blonde Ale Steamed Mussels
--French Onion soup

--Pan Seared Fois Gras

--Center Cut Filet Mignon (Rare)
YUM!
~~Kathleen

OkeeKat
07-21-2008, 04:52 PM
Susan, Thanks glad you liked my little Mickey!! might give him to my grandson.. for when they redo his room later when he's older..right now its the jungle theme!! Ut ohh.. my house.. umm ahh.. so I best be sleepin with one eye open!! dats ok.. my little one.. the 1yr old puppy barks at every little thing "Piper".. /hint hint.. he loves Bacon.. I mean beggin stips!! :lol: the old man.. 14 yr old maltese "Vinnie" sleeps thru just about everything!! unless something drops on the floor!!:evil:

Hey Shirl.. pack up and come on down to my house.. all the dogs can have a party!! we been thru enuf hurricanes here.. Glad Dolly gona miss us.. we REALLY REALLY need that rain!! Hope FL gets some of it!! Dang Girl, I'll be glad to call ya and chat, I definately know what its like!! PM me too,if ya want. We are here for you.. Hope you don't lose elect and internet but ya might for a bit!! if you have to.. hint. Put water in ZIP Lock baggies and Freeze!! then you have Ice Chunk if you lose elect.. you can put them in the Refrig or things that will spoil into a cooler with the ice chunks. Make large and small ones!! Do you have an crates/ carriers for the dogs to be in.. they might feel more conforatable away from the others.:heart:

OHH RAY!! WOO HOOO!! what a visual!! :clap: Are ya gona show us a peek of this painting?? or do a WIP!!

Carol, wow Creeds Looks Great!! OHH I Know you are going to enjoy it!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Hubby for me!!:wave:

Got my painting off to my inlaws!! now have to wait till thurs to find out her reactions!!:heart:

Raymo
07-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Ray, I think your post requires a butt icon!
Hahah....if'n I could find one, I would slap it in, hehe.

Kathleen....that was funny.....not sure why women wanna wear those things or men, for that matter.

Hiya Carol !!! Wow, we just about have the same birfday.

Hiya Susan.......dont drop that soap.....:lol:

Hiya Kathie......I suppose I could snap a pic of it later today. Remember though, i'm just a hobby painter.....so no great expectations.

Lady Carol
07-21-2008, 05:49 PM
If I painted in a thong of any type, it'd take me a month of Sundays to dig the darn thing out!:eek: ROFLMAO!!!!!!!
I was wondering "Who" Dolly was...more like an it?I wondered that too until Susan relied to it. :o

Lovely restaurant Carol, fine dining at its best!
They have a fabulous menu!
You can order for me, I may be a wee bit late....

--Creed's Dirty Blonde Ale Steamed Mussels
--French Onion soup
--Pan Seared Fois Gras
--Center Cut Filet Mignon (Rare)
YUM!
Catch ya when you get there.

Hiya Carol !!! Wow, we just about have the same birfday.
When is yours? You is older than me but......

Hiya Susan.......don't drop that soap.....:lol:
:lol:

~~Kathleen
07-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Things are heating up in the old QDC!
Carol will be away,with her husband http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jul-2008/92567-eating_out.gif and Howard is still on his sabatical....who knows what'll happen next?http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jul-2008/92567-Don__t_you_ignore_me_by_CookiemagiK.gif
I can just see their faces when they walk in that door....http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jul-2008/92567-Holycow.gif

Kathie said....
OHH RAY!! WOO HOOO!! what a visual!! Are ya gona show us a peek of this painting?? or do a WIP!! Ray replied....
Hiya Kathie......I suppose I could snap a pic of it later today. Remember though, i'm just a hobby painter.....so no great expectations.
Well, if I read into Kathies statement, One would imagine that "An Artist @ work" WIP would suit us all just fine!:evil:
And we are not picky when it comes to Artists in thongs!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jul-2008/92567-th_Caramel_dansen_emote_by_CookiemagiK.gif
Then Ray said....
Hiya Susan.......dont drop that soap..... All I have to say is ....
Susan get out of that shower, http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jul-2008/92567-th_bath.gifyou've been in there for an hour and a 1/2 already, I don't think he is coming!:wink2: (He was just joking, I am sure)
Boy Carol and Howard are going to have something to say to all of us when they get back....http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jul-2008/92567-kick_in_pants.gif
Bet the feathers will fly!....http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jul-2008/92567-DUCK.gif
And it will all be Rays fault for http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jul-2008/92567-POT20STIRRING202.gifstirring up trouble!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jul-2008/92567-LOVEYouGuys.gif
~~Kathleen:angel:/:evil:

Raymo
07-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Carol.....mine's on the 30th.....not tellin my age.....you can be anything you want on the internet.....so there.....:lol:

Let me see if I can figure out how to post a pic.401711

What you guys think so far ? Am I getting too detailed ? I tend to get that way.

~~Kathleen
07-21-2008, 06:13 PM
I learned a long time ago that "AGE" is just a number.
I was an old Lady in my twenties & Thirties, and then I started getting younger at heart!
I'm in my first bloom now!
'Aint regression Grand?:clap:
Nice start Ray, don't you be messing up that thong you hear!
~~Kathleen

Lady Carol
07-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Hey that is close. Agreed, you can be any age on the internet as long as it is 18 or older. Can't access WC if you pretend to be younger. Is your better half buying you a tack trunk too?

And we are not picky when it comes to Artists in thongs!
So true. I wear these sorts of thongs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flip-flop)all the time. This is what you were talking about wasn't it Raymo? :evil: :lol:

susme48
07-21-2008, 06:15 PM
Gee....gosh http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/angelic006.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org).....golly.....:confused: Ray....why shouldn't I :angel: drop the soap??? http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/chores029.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

< :evil: :lol: >

Originally Posted by ynutp
If I painted in a thong of any type, it'd take me a month of Sundays to dig the darn thing out!
rofl...amen to that!!

~~Kathleen
07-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Hopefuully those were not the thongs that Ray was speaking about Carol!
As it is we are all sitting here waiting for an "Artist in action" photo!
Could be a grand series HUH?:angel:
~~Kathleen

Raymo
07-21-2008, 06:36 PM
Do you guys think the back trees look like theyre a few hundred yards further back than the large tree on the left ? I'm not sure what color they should be to get that kinda recession. Any suggestions ?

Oh, that thing on the far left middle is some kinda bush, maybe a lilac or sumpin. I still have to work on it.

Raymo
07-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Gol dang, I dont know about you gals. ;)

susme48
07-21-2008, 06:42 PM
This kind of thong Kathleen????? :confused: :angel:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jul-2008/51170-mini_tong_p.jpg

susme48
07-21-2008, 06:46 PM
Poor Ray....he is waiting on a comment about his painting...and we are all picturing him in a thong...lol! Ahhh, Mondays....after a full moon....aren't they fun?!

The picture is going great, near as I can see!!! Trees in back, maybe just a hair lighter? to indicate distance? I think...it is not my strong suit...lol.

~~Kathleen
07-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Far left Middle....Most homesteads had at least one lilac bush Ray. I'd bet your bang on there!
And I wouldn't worry too much about the background trees yet.
You will be better able to judge them once you place the house in the painting.
That will determine what the distance seems more than anything.
As it is, everything seems to be in perspective.
If you do put in the Lilac bush define it a wee bit more so it does not look like an extension of the trees!
Other than that nice so far!
When comes the house?
~~Kathleen

Raymo
07-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Thanks Kathleen !!!

I tried to make a lilac bush, see what ya think. Youre probly right about waiting till I get the house blocked in to see recession. Oh by the way, the grass is by no means done. It's just blocked in, although I kinda like it, lol. Here's the stupid lilac bush.....

Raymo
07-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Gee....gosh http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/angelic006.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org).....golly.....:confused: Ray....why shouldn't I :angel: drop the soap??? http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/chores029.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

< :evil: :lol: >

Oh Lord, the things I could reply to that....:lol:

(walk away Raymo, dont do it)

~~Kathleen
07-21-2008, 07:52 PM
vary the colour on the bush and it will POP!
(Lighter/darker), but not the same value as the trees behind it Ray!

Why shouldn't I :angel: drop the soap???
....Takes a big man to walk away from that statement Ray!
:lol:
You have earned my admiration, now when is the "Thong" WIP picture coming?
~~Kathleen

Raymo
07-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Ok, here ya go. The girls over on Simply Painting were teasing me like you gals have been today and one of em created a pic with my head....theyre as ornery a bunch as you all, lol.

susme48
07-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Whoooo hoooo!!!!! (Dang, they beat me to it....lol.)

~~Kathleen
07-21-2008, 09:08 PM
BWAHSHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!
(all I've got to say)
~~Kathleen

Lady Carol
07-21-2008, 10:06 PM
You gotta a dust storm goin on the right side of that em' paint'n???

Lady Carol
07-21-2008, 10:13 PM
...says she 1/2 bottle of vino and I might add a glass of port

Dinner was superb. I was all set to order the Filet Mignon until the waitress announced that they had 2 additional entrees. Barramundi and the second entree was lost on me. Barramundi is some of the best fish in the world (IMHO), it just happens to be an Aussie fish, a lot like Chilean seabass in flavor. Anyway had that with a phenomenal bottle of New Zealand Dryland Sav Blanc 2007. It was fruity and full of apple flavour. Carrot cake for dessert, oh and we had Godiva liquer coffee and an ice wine and a 11 yr-old port.

I am stuffed and slightly drunk.

susme48
07-21-2008, 10:49 PM
Sounds yummy...very yummy...and slightly drunk is ok...on birthdays...lol!

AMuse
07-22-2008, 12:05 AM
hi all... just popping in to let you know I'm alive!

back from the great family road trip and I also brought back a nasty virus that I've been fighting for four days.

fever, bad cough, no energy, and trying to get the kids to and from zoo camp in the blistering heat....

(yes I'll accept all sympathy... but I'll have to get it tomorrow because I'm nearly dead and have to sleep)

I missed you guys!

OkeeKat
07-22-2008, 12:06 AM
Kathleen your too funny!! I just love those smilies!!!:clap: Seems we share the same motto.. Young at heart!! been sayin that for yrs!!
I keep sayin if I'm gona live to be 100... then 50 is only half that.. and well.. I dont feel so old now!! Yup its just a number!!:lol:
Poor Susan is all shriveled up from being in the shower so long!!:evil:
I love Carols Thongs.. gave me Quite a laugh!!!:lol:
Now you burst my bubble of Ray in THOSE leopard thongs..:(
I think I'll still keep my first image.. :evil: :lol: a Gal can dream huh?? :lol:

~~Kathleen
07-22-2008, 12:12 AM
I am laughing here Kathie.
The imagination is a wonderful thing.
Especially when you are young at heart.
There is so much for us to be happy about isn't there?
Did you stock up on Jam & Paints yet.
Susan & I will be dropping in unannounced very soon!

Carol, The dinner sounded like it was one of those that youget a warm glow when thinking about it!
Their menu was superb.:thumbsup:
(I don't really know the wines, so I will take your word on that!)
And we all behaved whilst you were away!:evil:
~~Kathleen

~~Kathleen
07-22-2008, 12:15 AM
Welcome back Kathy.
We missed you as well.
Poor, poor you!http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jul-2008/92567-big_hug.gif
Be better soon sweetie!
~~Kathleen

susme48
07-22-2008, 12:24 AM
Kathy WELCOME HOME!!!! @~>~>~ a rose for you to make you feel better!!

Lordy it has been so much fun to laugh today....and the last few. Kathleen, it felt good! Yep, lots to be happy about! Imagination...where would we be without it!

Oh, and by the way...framing is a pain in the thongs...lol!

howyadoin
07-22-2008, 01:19 AM
Tried out Liquitex's Super Heavy Gesso tonight. I love this stuff - it's thicker than most heavy-bodied acrylics.

You can see it here, but keep in mind it's been applied over a couple layers of collaged paper (which is where all those wrinkles come from):

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3135/2691006023_8bf121e8e5_o.jpg

susme48
07-22-2008, 11:36 AM
Makes a very interesting texture, Bret!!

Morning all...coffee's on!

Iiiiissss aaannnnyyyyyooonnneeee eeelllllssseee'ss ccccoooonnnneeecccctttttiooon ttttooo WWWWCCCC rrrruuuuunnnnniiiiinnnngggg rrreeeeaaaallllllyyyyy sssllllloooooowwwwwww? Or is it just mine??

OkeeKat
07-22-2008, 11:40 AM
WOO HOOO dang Ray I missed seeing that photo!!:clap: Love it!!!
The trees on the left Ray are Great.. the top part especially.. and the little lilac bush on the bottom left is cute.. can use a little more lighting and maybe color when you get the house in!! can't wait to see that started!! the grass looks pretty good too for just being blocked in and the background trees look good!! Its coming along great!!

G' Morning Susan, Kathleen, Carol, Kat, Dejaa & Betty, Howard, Howya!!:wave:
hope I didn't missanyone:lol:
Welcome back Kathy!!:wave: ... oh my too many kathy's hehe Glad my name spelled different.. Hope you slept good!! take it slow today!!:D
Thinking of SHIRL!! I do hope she's doing ok.. I worry about the Dang tropical storm turnin into a hurricane.. maybe she's on her way down to FL to stay with me!! poor thing prob scared esp with all those doggies!!
Howya that looks great! Love the texture!!
Myconnectionisokheresusannotsurewhatsgoingonwithyoursmaybeyouneedstrongercoffeewithtoastandjam!!!

Shirl Parker
07-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Good morning all. Hi Kathie. Well, I moved my patio table and chairs inside and took my big hanging swing down and brought it in, so now maybe Dolly will pass us by or poop out. Fingers crossed.

OkeeKat
07-22-2008, 11:57 AM
Good to hear Shirl, I was thinkin of you!! How are the dogs handling it all, they geting along better?? try some soft music.. heard it calms the savage beasts!!:lol: so might help relax them some!! I sure do hope Dolly passes you by!! thinking about you!! Hope you have some of our phone numbers, if you lose elect and can't get on to tell us your safe.. gona be paniced here! Keep us informed plz.:heart:

Katwyld
07-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Oof... tropical storms... Don't like 'em, not one bit... Only really been through one, and it was awful! Don't want to imagine what a hurricane is like! *hugs Shirl* I'm hoping and wishing it skirts ya, dear...

Ray... Ray Ray Ray... heheheheh You're giving us all hot flashes! :lol:

Kathy, goodness! Glad to see you back, but get well soon... *brings chicken soup*

Well, percocet is not my best friend at all... won't be taking that again, that's for sure.... and my computer is slowly dying on me... Gah... Think I just need a new harddrive, but we'll see... stupid thing...

Spent yesterday planted on the couch playing video games... too nauseous to do much of anything else, really... feeling better today, though, so I think I'll bring out the paints... or work on my website... not sure which... we'll see...

Bret, very cool looking... I love that texture... is that just playing, or are ya gonna turn it into something?

howyadoin
07-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Bret, very cool looking... I love that texture... is that just playing, or are ya gonna turn it into something?Oh, it's definitely gonna be something.

Lady Carol
07-22-2008, 01:42 PM
Iiiiissss aaannnnyyyyyooonnneeee eeelllllssseee'ss ccccoooonnnneeecccctttttiooon ttttooo WWWWCCCC rrrruuuuunnnnniiiiinnnngggg rrreeeeaaaallllllyyyyy sssllllloooooowwwwwww? Or is it just mine??
Tis you, methinks.

susme48
07-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Then let me say/repeat that I hate this particular satelite system...lol!! It beats dial up, at least out here in the middle of nowhere....but some days not by much...lol!!

Raymo
07-22-2008, 03:15 PM
Susan....better than what I had this morning.....just a blinking cursor. Gawd I hate computers sometimes. Ran it in to the computer store and it started right up.....:mad:

Good morning everyone !!!

KittyKat......keep that leg up......:)

Still in the 50's here.........degrees :lol:

OkeeKat
07-22-2008, 04:27 PM
wow Ray.. send me some cool air!! was out today it was 95 degrees!! running round puttin out apps for part time work.. Gota build up my savings again!! And I am finaly glad to be home in the AC!! my shirt is wet from sweating so much!!! Phew!! Droped off two paintings to be framed, this framing store is run by two artists and he will frame my bullseye and the spur n stirrup one with a rustic wood that was discontinued and going be $20 for frame, one needs glass so be a tad more. Then he will hang them and some others in his store. He wants some of my pet portraits, have to do some as no acrylic ones I haven't given away already!!:lol:

susme48
07-22-2008, 06:18 PM
That sux Ray...I have a love/hate relationship with my pc...and my internet connection....lol!

Could use some of that cool air here too!! We are under a heat alert...of course I am so upset that I should not go out and mow....lol!

Kathie....that is great!! This framing stuff is definitely for the professionals!

I am still trying to do the ones I had on paper...sigh....there are only 19 out of the 62 that I am trying to do, for now. IF I ever even think about doing anything on paper again...someone shoot me....lol!!! So far I almost have 2 done...lol...after 2 days. I keep coming up with reasons to take a break.

Raymo
07-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Trying to sketch in the house. See what you guys think.

AMuse
07-22-2008, 10:40 PM
Thanks Everyone :)

still coughing and feeling tired - but the fever is gone and I ate two good meals so I must be on the mend... thank goodness because I got boxes of art supplies delivered while I was away and I've been dying to use them... hopefully tomorrow I can stay awake long enough!

Susan... your comment about yyyyooouuuurrrr iiiinnnnttttteeeerrrrnnnneeettt made me snort my tea out my nose! LOL

susme48
07-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Looks good to me....do you have a main ref?...and how big is this? Love your trees!!

susme48
07-22-2008, 10:44 PM
Sorry about the tea/nose thing...I hate when that happens...tho' happy if it made you smile first!

AMuse
07-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Oh yeah I smiled... then had to run for tissues! LOL

~~Kathleen
07-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Hi all. I am a bit under the weather today, so spent most of it sleeping.
Hi Kathy, it is good to have you back.
Hope your back to normal soon.
Ray, with the house roughed in, I don't think you have to worry about the background trees any more.
I would agree that if you lighten up the Lilac bush, it'd give the left side some balance.
This gal is heading back to bed!
~~Kathleen

AMuse
07-22-2008, 10:53 PM
(((Kathleen)))

hope you are feeling better soon too

susme48
07-22-2008, 11:55 PM
Hoping that all who are feeling under the weather get a good night's sleep and wake feeling better in the am!! {{{{hugs!}}}

AMuse
07-22-2008, 11:56 PM
OK so the kids are in Zoo Camp this week. yesterday they did North American animals and how animals live in the forest, (they got to see an owl and a bear and a garter snake! LOL)

then they had some class room time and met a gecko (and petted him) then made a craft. A set of Moose Antlers.

They were so cute and both girls insisted on wearing the antlers everywhere after that... but... Emily's were a little big and kept slipping down over her eyes.

Finally in the grocery store while Emily had decided to be a "Moose on the Loose" and took off down the aisle careening towards and older man (late 60's I would guess) I called out "Watch where you are going, and .... Keep Your Antlers Up!"

As I walked past him he said "That's easy for you to say!"

lol

OkeeKat
07-23-2008, 12:40 AM
Love the house Ray!!... uhh where is the front door??:lol:
Hi Kathy.. ohh thats so funny about the antlers!! poor old man.. got him all flabbergasted!!:lol: how old are your girls?? Hope you feel better by mornng.. sleep well!!
Seems Kathleenstiltsken will be wide wake by time we get coffee on in the morning.. she been sleepppppinnnnnngggg all day long!! Hope she not getin sick!! cya all in the morning.. sleep tight!!! :heart:
think I'll keep one eye open tonight!!:D

idylbrush
07-23-2008, 07:29 AM
My major "bad boy" rock 'n roll shows are over. They both went very well and showed signs of even being pleasant at points.

Blood pressure is settling down, and showing signs of significant improvement. I have one more test to be done here, one more doctors visit and hopefully one last medication change.

Last night was Chris Daughtry of American Idol fame. It was a significant, but well done show. I always find it amazing what can be packed on the two tractor-trailers. The audience reception was good.

Well two nights ago I fell and either jammed or broke a finger. So it is all taped up. Today it is feeling significantly better but still a little tender.

More later as life unfolds

Lady Carol
07-23-2008, 11:02 AM
A sleepless night *sigh* Thunderstorms rolled in around 3 and hung around for about 45 min. Very annoying as even the dead would not have slept through those. Then they started tapering off and I could hear them moving off in the distance. I was just about asleep when CRASH! BOOM BANG it started all over again. It finished around 5-ish.

OkeeKat
07-23-2008, 11:14 AM
Morning ALL!!! OJ Is poured!! Coffee is on for those that want it!!

Glad to hear things went well Howard.. except the fall!! Maybe the Dr will xray it at the visit!! Take it easy and keep in touch!! We miss ya!!:wave:

OHH Poor Carol, We too had some nasty thunderstorms last eve.. Thundered and rained from 430pm till after MN,, fortunately I slept thru any during the nite!!

Got a call this am for an interview at 11 for part time job!! Yeah! so will check back later.:clap:
Hope all is well with Shirl!! I worry Dolly is headed in their direction!! Prayers for their safety!!:heart:

AMuse
07-23-2008, 01:46 PM
Morning all.

I took a break from sketching and painting at the zoo while the kids were at camp. just feeling too sick and tired.

but... being at home, listening to the stereo (instead of kids bickering) and relaxing has made me feel so much better. still coughing, but not as bad I was. I hope I've turned a corner on this.

Howard, take care of that finger.

Raymo
07-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Holy Cow.....seems like everyone is sick or hurt. Dont breathe or cough towards the monitor, I dont wanna catch it.

Hope everyone gets to feelin better !

susme48
07-23-2008, 02:18 PM
Morning all!! :wave: This is my second post as something ate the first one....:lol:

Kathy, I hope you got a pic of the antlers...would love to see the girls in them...that older guy's comment is hilarious!! :lol: So sorry that you are still feeling sick...hope you get better soon!! {{hug}}

Howard...maybe you should take Kathie with you on your jaunts...she's a nurse...and could bandage you and take your blood pressure. :) We may joke sometimes(who us??? :lol: ), but We truly have been worried about you...and are hoping that you are taking good care of yourself!

Carol...sorry about the noisey night!! Earplugs help...you can still hear some...but not quite so overwhelming. I got some when I first started riding in the big truck, they are very noisey...I now wear them almost every night. The help me get to sleep in spite of the SNORING :eek: , tv, pc games, radio, storms, or whatever.

Kathie, good luck with your interview!! :thumbsup:

Definitely praying for Shirl!! It seems to be hitting now...and the only partially good thing is it only made it to category 2...which is much better than the higher ones!! Tornadoes and flooding will be the worst after effects, and the lack of power. I suire hope she is ok...and the dogs are calm for her.

I get to leave in a few minutes for my yearly "squeeze test" to see whether they can turn parts of my anatomy into pancakes...:lol: ...I know you ladies know what I mean. I don't really mind them too much...but after last year, I am kinda nervous. Not sure what the odds would be to have two bad ones in a row...:confused: but hopefully small!!

susme48
07-23-2008, 02:18 PM
Morning all!! :wave: This is my second post as something ate the first one....:lol:

Kathy, I hope you got a pic of the antlers...would love to see the girls in them...that older guy's comment is hilarious!! :lol: So sorry that you are still feeling sick...hope you get better soon!! {{hug}}

Howard...maybe you should take Kathie with you on your jaunts...she's a nurse...and could bandage you and take your blood pressure. :) We may joke sometimes(who us??? :lol: ), but We truly have been worried about you...and are hoping that you are taking good care of yourself!

Carol...sorry about the noisey night!! Earplugs help...you can still hear some...but not quite so overwhelming. I got some when I first started riding in the big truck, they are very noisey...I now wear them almost every night. The help me get to sleep in spite of the SNORING :eek: , tv, pc games, radio, storms, or whatever.

Kathie, good luck with your interview!! :thumbsup:

Definitely praying for Shirl!! It seems to be hitting now...and the only partially good thing is it only made it to category 2...which is much better than the higher ones!! Tornadoes and flooding will be the worst after effects, and the lack of power. I suire hope she is ok...and the dogs are calm for her.

I get to leave in a few minutes for my yearly "squeeze test" to see whether they can turn parts of my anatomy into pancakes...:lol: ...I know you ladies know what I mean. I don't really mind them too much...but after last year, I am kinda nervous. Not sure what the odds would be to have two bad ones in a row...:confused: but hopefully small!!

Raymo
07-23-2008, 02:46 PM

Oh my, that was tasty......:lol:
(belches quietly as he dabs at the corners of his mouth with a napkin)

dejaa
07-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Afternoon all,

I do hope everyone that is ailing and under the weather (be it literal or health) is feeling better.

Not much on my home front, just trying to catch up and say hello. Y'all have been having much fun while I was out.

Have a great day.

AMuse
07-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Holy Cow.....seems like everyone is sick or hurt. Dont breathe or cough towards the monitor, I dont wanna catch it.

Hope everyone gets to feelin better !

That's why you need anti-virus software :lol:

~~Kathleen
07-23-2008, 07:13 PM
That's why you need anti-virus software :lol: Best rejoinder I have read/heard in years.
You did good Kathy
I have been sputtering/coughing,and various other things I will not go into here!
ACHOO!
OOps sorry Ray were you able to duck in time?
I have been feeling lousey for the last two days. all I seem to be able to do is sleep, and a wee bit of painting when I am up rather than wander around feling sorry for myself.
But Help is on the way!
My darling daughter is bringing dinner as we speak!
Howard.... you have just been plagued with "Things" this summer, I will bet your home sweet home looks pretty good about now!
Hi Susan Dejaa & Carol (and anyone else peeking in)
I should show some semblance of normalcy (well for me anyhow) by tomorrow.
I have been able to stay up for longer stretches each time, and I am now hungry.
DINNER IS HERE!
Later all.
~~Kathleen

Raymo
07-23-2008, 07:49 PM
This is where the fun begins....

susme48
07-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Wow, Ray...that is great!!! I love it! Now you get to put in/ on the unusual stuff?

Raymo
07-23-2008, 08:27 PM
Thanks, Susan.....yeah now I get to put in all the goodies and highlights. I have a pic of the old place on my page if ya wanna see it.

Haha, Kathy...that was too funny !

Kathleen sneezed all over me.....I need that anti-virus software....quick !

OkeeKat
07-23-2008, 10:02 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: ROFL here at Ray,Kathy and Kathleen!! Yah hope I dont get it!!
*Cleans monitor off with antibacterial wipes*:lol:
*Runs Virus Search*:evil:
Was catchin up on the posts when lost elect.. twice!! in 10 min.. prob shouldnt be on comp right now!! NASTY thunderstorm!!! I guess its the tail end of Dolly or part of it.. we definately need this rain!! my Poor little dog Piper doesnt like the thunder .. he usualy barks when he hears it and every other noise.. but now he's cowering under my chair!!:o
Ray that house looks great!! Love the siding!! realy starting to look rustic!!
I DO PRAY for Shirl!! OHH MY they getin blasted with Dolly!!:(
ohhh I got to see my little 9mo old grandson on the webcam crawl!! ohh what enjoyment.. the funs just startin!!!:D
Hope ya all feel better soon!! /makes a large pot of chicken soup!!... watch out for the feathers!!!:lol: :evil:

susme48
07-24-2008, 12:39 AM
Only a few minutes to talk. It was kind of a stressful day. The mammogram went ok...so I went looking for dresses for the wedding. I left my purse in a dressing room, at a consignment shop. (how dumb can you get, huh?) I got back after discovering it's loss about 3 mnutes after she closed....cross your fingers for me that it will still be there tomorrow!!! I have to get up about 6 and be waiting outside her store before she opens...Lord I hope it is still there!

Anyway...I am off to bed. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!!

Hope everyone feels better tomorrow!!

~~Kathleen
07-24-2008, 12:46 AM
Oh Susan!
I hope so as well.
You will be on my mind until we hear from you tomorrow!
~~Kathleen

OkeeKat
07-24-2008, 09:55 AM
OHH MY MY Susan, that is dreadful.. Hopeing also it's there!! /crosses my fingers.:(
Mornin' all!! Hope you all had a restful sleep and are feeling better today!!:wave:

Katwyld
07-24-2008, 02:11 PM
*hugs* Hope you've gotten it back, Susan... purses are no fun to lose...

Goodness, y'all are passing around an illness, aren't ya? That's no good.... Hope y'all get to feeling better soon... it's summer! Summer is not the time for sick... especially not up north where it's not so oppressively hot...

Howard, I hope I didn't give you my clumbsyness... :(

First day back to work... yuck... decided to snag one of the wheelchairs to get around a lot faster than on the crutches, especially when I've got so much 'cleaning up' to get done with not being here for 2 weeks! I'm in good shape workwise now, though, so that's good... and it's a nice slow day... :)

LadyDreamkiller
07-24-2008, 03:24 PM
She's baaaaaackkkkkk......

After a rather lengthy hiatus, a lot of changes at home (and changes in home location twice since I was around last!) illness, recovery, etc ad nauseum... I'm Back.

Thankfully, I haven't completely quit painting. In fact, in the long time since I did any posting, I've actually done quite a bit of painting. I've also started a business (not art related, but rather crafty oriented) and gone back to school

Renee

Raymo
07-24-2008, 10:36 PM
Hiya, Renee.....:)

susme48
07-25-2008, 12:55 AM
Thanks for all the concern...sorry I was gone from 7 am until 8:45 pm...and then hubby was here till 9:30.

Hi Renee!!! :wave: Nice to meet you, and glad you are back!

I am SO tired and my feet are aching...BUT :

1. I got my purse back...intact!! wheeeeeeeeee :music: :D
2. I got a dress for the wedding (actually skirt and top)
3. after 6 shoe stores finally found a pair of white shoes
4. found shoes for Bob to wear...who ( grrrr) can still get in his suit that he wore to our wedding....
5. picked up all our meds from the drug store
6. learned that it is no longer just $50.00 for the minister, but there is a charge to rent the church and you must pay THEIR sound people, organist, etc...and that my son and his fiance are looking for a new place to hold the wedding and trying to figure out how to call everyone who is coming to telll them it is no longer at the church...and do it in 7 days :eek:
7. went to the bank and got enough money to pay back the lady from #8...and to hide just a tiny bit in the car...just in case!!
8. Got flowers for the girl I had only met three times at art guild meetings, who was nice enough to put enough gas in my truck :clap: so I could go home last night and come back this am.
9. decided that artists are pretty darn nice people with big hearts!! :heart:
10. got MORE gas...sigh
11. got my oil changed for the trip
12. and only made my hubby mad twice :o ...once was NOT my fault...and once because the house was a total wreck..which was my fault.

And now I lay me down to sleep...till the dogs, the phone, or something wakes me up...:lol:

OkeeKat
07-25-2008, 02:33 AM
Hi Renee!! nice to meet you!! hope to see some of those paintings you have piled up!!:wave:
Hope your ankle is getting better Kat!! glad you got w/chair!! saves on the arms with crutches!!
Hiya Ray, hows the house coming along?? love the old picture of the place!!
YEAH SUSAN!! Glad you got your purse back!! WOW you had a very busy day!! Sleep well!! Cya tomorrow :heart:

OkeeKat
07-25-2008, 10:39 AM
G'Morning all!! Coffee is on... mmm mmm smells so good!!:lol:
OHH gota call today, interview went to on wed, got the Job!!! part time 3 days a week, tues,wed & thurs. Just perfect, now the usualy pay I was used to, but better then nothing! will realy help here!!
Hope you all are feeling much better :heart:
Think I'm going to start another painting.. now what to paint!

idylbrush
07-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Good things here on my front. Off the BP meds and onto a med to remove water. 1 pill a day with some potassium for cramps.

Blood work is major good and all is falling in order.

Two days left here and then on to the next date.

Life is feeling very positive at the moment.

~~Kathleen
07-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Well, this is the first morning in a few days that I woke up feeling grand!
I am not a good sick person:lol: because I ail very rarely.
Good to be up and running with my usual speed, Later this afternoon I will be swimming with my grandsons, a chore that I just love!:smug:
Thanks for coffee Kathie...special treat for you this morning....freshly squeezed Orange Juice. Congrats re the job, I am sure you will do wonderfully!:thumbsup:
Good for you Susan....I am so very pleased that everything turned out the way you wanted, and that you got things donr that were bothering you!
Yep/a two piece is really the way to go! Much more versatile, and more usable later as well. Hope you slept the sleep of the "Just" a you really needed it!;)
Morning Ray....how is the Homestead Painting doing....maybe an up-date?:)
Kat....no sense making your life any harder than you must. The W/C is a very good idea. Have a good Friday @ work.
Carol....where are you? Sure hope not into any trouble without us there!:evil:
Hi Rene....:wave:I don't think we have met before....how are you?
~~Kathleen

~~Kathleen
07-25-2008, 01:18 PM
:wave:Golly Howard, I must have cross posted with you!
I am so happy that your physical self is getting back to normal.
I am happy that a state of normalcy is in the offing for you once more.
~~Kathleen

susme48
07-25-2008, 01:19 PM
Morning all!! Hope your days are going well...I need to do some much neglected work around the house. So another day of no painting, I am afraid...sigh! Wish some little elves would come and do my work for me...lol!!

OkeeKat
07-25-2008, 02:13 PM
Hiya Howard, thats great news!! Just keep check on your bp, especialy when your workin hard and under stress!! Good to hear from ya!!:heart:
Glad you're feeling so much better Kathleen!! thanks for the congratz, start tues! Thanks for the Fresh OJ!! :clap: Love it!!!:lol:
OHH RAY!!!! I hope your hard at work on that homestead!! PICTURE PICTURE!!!:D
Sendin ya my little elves Susan!! save them some work to do!!:lol:
Has anyone heard from Shirl??? I'm startin to worry bout her, after the hurricane passed their way!! hope she's ok, maybe just lost elect and can't get online.. I hope thats all. Prayin they are all well.
Hey Kat, Carol, Kathy, Renee, Betty!! Hope your all doing good!! did I miss anyone.. hope not!!
Started a new painting.. Eagle face, just base right now. Lunch break!! Then back to painting!!

Raymo
07-25-2008, 02:50 PM
Kathleen and Kathie.....I was lazy yesterday and didnt do any paintin at all. Maybe today, we'll see. I may try glazing like Kathleen's been doin and add a hazy blue to my far treeline.

Cybergranny
07-25-2008, 02:50 PM
Hey Renee, welcome back.

Good news Howard! You go off BP meds and I go on them. Oy, docs, headaches and pain this week. Cluster migraines ought to go soon, BP is another matter and now I get to hang from the door in traction a couple of times a day. On the bright side I actually painted last night, plein air! Woo Hoo. It's not a keeper but I learned about using the Golden Open Acrylics. Got to order me some.

Ray, your Old Homestead is looking real good. Proud of you.:clap:

The rest- between mishaps, hurricanes, and sickness next week has got to look better. Hope everyone's day is better.

Lady Carol
07-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Kathleen and Kathie.....I was lazy yesterday and didnt do any paintin at all.
Just as well. I couldn't have stood two days picturing you in a faux leopard thong :evil:

~~Kathleen
07-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Just as well. I couldn't have stood two days picturing you in a faux leopard thong :evil:
Bwahahahahaha!
I am splitting my sides here OOOOOOOOOOOH, hahahahaha, OH (ouch!) that is sooooo funny!
(Poor Ray)
~~Kathleen
Who sees that Lady Carol is in fine Fettle

mpattie
07-25-2008, 07:23 PM
:wave: Wow! You guys are a riot. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Got back from seeing grandbaby a few weeks ago and have been busy trying to catch up on yard work, house work and everything else. Three weeks without painting while on the road and all I really want to do is hibernate in the studio but life just keeps getting in the way. I did start painting with a local artist one day a week. (9am to 5pm) and am really enjoying it.
I have been trying to catch up on the past couple of weeks of Quick Dry.
Susan, it sounds like your plate has been overly full. Glad your husband is doing well. Mine had to have a stent put in last year and it was really scary.
Howard, hope you stay well and survive having to work so hard. Did miss your garden pictures while I was gone. Hope it is surviving your absence.
You other girls and Ray have been having toooooooooo much fun. Sorry I missed it all.
We did get a lot of wind and rain (about 7 in at my house) from Hurricane Dolly. We were going to run done to South Padre this weekend for an art show but it was cancelled because of hurricane damage to the convention center where it was supposed to be held. As of earlier today, most of the area is still without electricity. Thank God there were no deaths or serious damage from the hurricane.
Good to be home for a few weeks. Planning on leaving again week after next. Getting too old for the heat here..
Pat

Raymo
07-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Hiya, Pat !!!
I dont believe i've met you before but you seem like a really nice person. I went through all your old threads that you started so I could take a look at your art. I really enjoyed looking at your paintings.
As for the girls, they work me over pretty good sometimes but I suppose I deserve it, lol. I tease em a little bit and then run like crazy. That Carol and Kathleen are like pitbulls at the keyboard and I have to keep my eye on em. Carol flings razorblades at me like a kid throws frisbees, lol. Sooner or later, i'll soften em up. Glad you made it through Dolly ok.

Lady Carol
07-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Bwahahahahaha!
I am splitting my sides here OOOOOOOOOOOH, hahahahaha, OH (ouch!) that is sooooo funny!
(Poor Ray)
~~Kathleen
Who sees that Lady Carol is in fine Fettle
:lol: Yup!!!
Had a good day and I just had to share it.

Good news for me. We have a major Rheumatology conference once a year and it is very prestigious to be invited to give a talk at it. I was invited :D:D:D :clap: So I get to go to San Fran in October. Haven't been there yet.

OkeeKat
07-25-2008, 09:54 PM
HEHE Kathleen too funny!!!
Hi Pat!! nice to meet you also!! Love your artwork also!! Awesome!! So glad you made it thru Dolly ok.. we are still waiting to hear from Shirl, she lives in brownsville I believe, Do you know if they got alot of damage?? she hasn't been on in days! I'm getin worried.
Glad you had a great day Carol!! Congrats on the conference!! I'm sure you will enjoy the trip !!:clap:
HEHE Ray.. We gota keep him on his toes!! /cracks the whip.. " get backt to the Easel*:evil: :lol: need another dose of the mental image of the Leopard thong!!:clap:
OHH Betty I sure hope you're feel better and take your meds.. Restup.. gona have to take care of you too now that Howard is feelig better!!
OHH HEY HOWARD!!! hows the sore hand or was it a finger you injured?
I know Kat is recuperating!
Hope the elves arrived in time to help Susan with her housework!!:lol:
Hubby arrives home from texas soon so gona meet him for a VERY late dinner at the Clock Diner in town. He will be going out from wed am to fri nites for the next month or so.. project there not flowing so good.. Oh well more painting time..except when I'm working!! but at least I'll have some pocket money now for Canvas and paints!!:clap:

mpattie
07-25-2008, 10:12 PM
Congrats Carol-:clap: :clap: :clap: what an honor and one you certainly deserve.
Nice to meet you Ray and Kathie.
Kathie, I am about 2 1/2 hr north of Brownsville and I understand that there is widespread power outage in all of the valley and so. Padre. Shirl probably does not have computer available.
Spent most of the day starting a new painting. Have the underpainting and the tonal values done. Tried to upload a picture in the Easel thread but WC can't seem to upload it. Will try again tomorrow.
Everyone behave overnight and if not at least have fun (but not too much).:lol:
Pat

Lady Carol
07-25-2008, 10:44 PM
everyone behave........:lol:

Thank you Kathie and Pat. I get to talk about my most recent research on scleroderma.

susme48
07-25-2008, 11:25 PM
Hey Carol...since you do research...has anyone/or is anyone studing whether there is a connection on looking like a parent or relative, and having their medical ailments as well? Since how we look is connected to DNA, and so are the tendencies to have cancer or heart problems or whatever...I was just curious. Partly because they are really concerned about my daughter's bone density...and potential other problems.(She has just broken her foot, and since last year she has broken, her shoulder once, arm once and elbow parts twice...they say too many breaks for only 33) She is the only one in the family that looks like my ex's real mom, and she died of bone cancer. Everyone else favors the other side. But I notice it a bit in my family too.

Congrats on the San Fran trip!!!

As for the leopard thong, I thonk, I mean think that thongs, I mean things like that should definitely be left to the new form, I mean forum....ANIMAL & WILDLIFE LOOK-ALIKES ART. :angel:

Ray, I hate to say this, but the gals in the other forum, simply did not have enough time to waste :D ....glancing at the attatchment. :angel: This seems a bit more realistic...I mean blue is just not leopard skin...faux or otherwise...:lol: :evil: :D

Hi Pat....welcome back! Glad you are OK!!

Hi Granny, sounds like you are about to have fun...NOT. Hope everything gets better!!

Kathie, Kathleen....glad to see the 3 of us are behaving, for at least a few minutes...hehehe....not likely:evil: :lol:

susme48
07-25-2008, 11:28 PM
HEHE Ray.. We gota keep him on his toes!! /cracks the whip.. " get backt to the Easel*:evil: :lol: need another dose of the mental image of the Leopard thong!!:clap:

PS...Kathie that is for you....:lol:

OkeeKat
07-26-2008, 01:10 AM
:lol: :eek: HEHEHEHEHE :clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: OHHH thanks Susan!!!:D
I love it Susan!! Your so sweet.. WOOHOO RAY!!
I'm sitting here laughin... Ribs hurtin'.. realy great attachment!! Gona save that picture!!:evil:
We sure are behavin', I'm being a REAL good girl!!:evil:
Just ask Ray how good!!! :lol: :lol: j/k Ray!!
Now see if you can do Ray infront of the easel with paintbrush in hand.. or between his teeth!!:lol: :lol: :D

OH Pat! thaks so much for letting us know about brownsville!! Prob Shirl will get on soon as they get the elec fixed!!:clap:

Raymo
07-26-2008, 02:43 AM
Oh sweet Jesus.....you girls got way too much time on your hands.....:lol:

Lady Carol
07-26-2008, 10:01 AM
Hey Carol...since you do research...has anyone/or is anyone studing whether there is a connection on looking like a parent or relative, and having their medical ailments as well? Since how we look is connected to DNA, and so are the tendencies to have cancer or heart problems or whatever...I was just curious. Partly because they are really concerned about my daughter's bone density...and potential other problems.(She has just broken her foot, and since last year she has broken, her shoulder once, arm once and elbow parts twice...they say too many breaks for only 33) She is the only one in the family that looks like my ex's real mom, and she died of bone cancer. Everyone else favors the other side. But I notice it a bit in my family too.

Looking like a parent or relative...I would have to say no to that. The chance of looking like a grandparent is 1/16 and then to have their disease trait is 1/16, so to get both is 1/32.

Now see if you can do Ray in front of the easel with paintbrush in hand.. or between his teeth!!:lol: :lol: :D [/SIZE]
*shudder* I think I will have to avoid the QDC for the next couple of days....

.....you girls got way too much time on your hands.....:lol: yeah, but you are loving it.

Cybergranny
07-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Morning all! Nice to meet you Pat.

Gonna have to send my traction unit to you gals and you can hook Ray into it with his thong and tickle him while he paints.

Have a good day all.

mpattie
07-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Morning all ( well, afternoon now).
Susan that is a great picture---question though, does it need a butt icon.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kathie, I think Susan is trying to start something here. :clap: :wink2:
Ray, you better watch out. Now you have Cybergranny giving the other gals ideas.
Well, got all the dog hair swept up for the day and the kitchen cleaned. Now off to the grocery store for the weeks supply. Mayybe have some time this afternoon for painting.
Every one have a great weekend and behave.
Pat

susme48
07-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Kathie...I'm sorry...but that shot is up to you to do...:lol:

Ray...remember when your wife said something about you teasing us? :angel: ...and if I recall she was worried we would not understand that YOU were teasing? :angel: I think it ended up going the other way around! :D You are such a good sport about it!! I hope you know we would not tease you, if we thought it would offend you...we are just having fun!

And I will warn ya...when my depression kicks in, or I have alot of stress...I have been known to get crazier than normal. :eek: So that should give you either an idea of where I am, or something to watch out for...:evil: :lol:

Hope everyone here is having a good day! :heart:

OkeeKat
07-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Hi All!!!:wave: Hope you are having a good day!!! I surely did so far!!
HEHE Susan, I'll just have to stick with this photo you did, I surely dont know how to edit like you did!
OHH Betty that is such a good Idea!!:evil:
:lol: Heya Ray!! hows the homestead going?? OHH I just love your new picture Susan made!!!:D
Hi Carol, Renee,Pat, Kat, Kathleen!!:wave:
I spent the morning at our annual National Day of the American Cowboy festival.. started with a Cattle Drive thru town to the Agri-civic center where they have different events and rodeos!
Here is a onephoto of the cattle drive, The realy kept the cattle herded between the horses so not to bother the crowd along the roadside.
I got some great photos. they had stagecoach, covered wagon, jail coach, and followed up the parade of cattle were the local prisoners/chaingang with shovels and buckets!!!:lol: Hope to paint some!! ENJOY!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jul-2008/137439-CattleDrive2if.jpg

susme48
07-26-2008, 06:37 PM
Hi all!! Just a quick note to let you know my dad is back in the hospital. They have conjectured everything from heatstroke to kidney failure to leaking mitral valve...but at this point are really not sure of anything.

He is to have more tests on Monday, and they may transfer him to the Cleveland Clinic which is a much bigger and better facility. At the moment he is stable, and on complete bedrest.

I was pretty much "told" not to come up, and was not notified until today that there was even a hint of a problem even tho' he has been sick since last Sunday. ( I do believe that my brother is right, and once the folks are gone, I may never see either of them again. Am growing more convinced that I don't want to).

They were supposed to get the keys to the apartment at the assisted living place on Monday...not sure what this will do to that.

I really love you guys...and any and all good thoughts, prayers, etc. would be very welcome...as I am extremely stressed at the moment.

AMuse
07-26-2008, 08:14 PM
((((Susan)))) my best thoughts for you and your parents

sorry I haven't been around folks. I'm still really sick and it's easier to sleep than type!

I think the doctor is in my future on Monday... I think I might have bronchitis or something along those lines. (the coughing is so bad I break into a sweat and then want to go to sleep after) any positive thoughts would help. it's so hard to take care of the kids properly when I'm sick like this... and the house and yard are a disaster.... so if you could send a maid with the positive thoughts ...... lol ;)

mpattie
07-26-2008, 08:19 PM
Susan, you poor thing. It seems that you have had it all the past several months. Certainly you and your dad and rest of your family are in my prayers. Hope he does well and all the tests are good. I know that you really want to be there and I know how hard it is to stay put until you hear how the tests come out. (We went through similar situation last year with hubby's mother and it was very hard to not jump in the car and go.)
Take care of yourself and be strong. Prayers your way.
Pat

susme48
07-26-2008, 08:32 PM
Thank you Kathy!! {{hugs}} Hope you start feeling better soon!! It is not easy to be mom and be sick...darned near impossible. You have my sympathies!!( If ya find that maid...let her do my house after yours ok?...lol!) I know I am stressed, but am truly grateful that Bubba is not home just now...don't know how I could have done it all with him here!

Pat, thanks alot!! There is just so darn much all going on at the same time...I feel like I am being torn apart sometimes. I am not jumping into the car yet...but with son's wedding on Sat...don't know which directions to go first or last...sigh. So for now, Bob goes in the big truck, and I just wait it out here.

OkeeKat
07-26-2008, 09:20 PM
OHHH Susan, My prayers are surely with you right now!! I know its very hard waiting to hear when your far away, Just try to keep your mind on the wedding and your painting.. Concentrate on your paintings, remember he is in good hands and the good Lord is watching over him. :grouphug:

Kathy, so sorry to hear your still under the weather, Group hugs!
I dont know what you are taking for meds but ...
Hope you dont mind some advice..cuz I care... its in my nature:)
Just a little suggestions if you don't mind..
Take Plain Robitussin generic is fine.. I know directions say only 2 tsp(teaspoons) but you can SAFELY take 2 Tablespoons and you must take it 4 times a day each day!!! Trust me, Along with Tylenol(acetamenophen) every 4 hrs (2tabs) extra strength will be best, Not Aspirin or ibuprofren, ya need to fight off the inflammation and loosen it up to bring it up!! A cool mist humidifier will help or at least 1-2 times a day get in the HOT STEAMY shower .. fill the bathroom in steam and sit a good 10 min or more if posss. need the moisture in your sinuses and lungs. Salt water nose drops or spray mist will work great to keep sinuses moist too few times a day can make your own if can't get out to store..1tsp salt/8oz water.
Be sure to Drink ALOT Of fluids.. avoid milk and dairy products, it tends to thicken any mucous. Hope it helps.

Susan tell those little elves I sent ya to run over to Kathy's to help her when the finish there plz.!! My prayers and wishes for feeling better on their way Kathy!! /hugs.

:wave: Pat!!

AMuse
07-26-2008, 10:53 PM
oh thanks Pat - you are so sweet. I was feeling better with tylenol, but I stopped it before the weekend... I'll get back on it to try and get things moving along...

my chest feels so heavy right now.

(((susan))) I know you feel all pulled apart. do one thing at a time until it's done then move on to the next thing. :)

susme48
07-27-2008, 01:09 AM
Thanks alot Kathie!!!

Kathy, thanks again...and you hit the nail on the head....I feel totally pulled apart!!

OkeeKat
07-27-2008, 10:26 AM
(((SUSAN))) *BIG hugs* any progress so far Susan?? I'm sure all will work out fine. one day at a time. Just keep on stayin busy and time will pass faster, They say worrying is like a rocking chair the more you do it you still wont get anywhere! I know you wont stop worrying but remember he's in good hands. Prayers coming your way!!:heart: Hey if ya want to talk PM me and can give ya my number!!
Kathy I hope your feeling a tad better this am. Did you try anything else yet Like I suggested?? sometimes the hot shower helps the tight chest. (hugs)
:wave: Morning to everyone else!! Hope you have a good sunday!! Gona go work on my eagle some.
Be well ladies!:wave: