PDA

View Full Version : Hard edge of devotion

asnowfall
07-15-2008, 09:37 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jul-2008/69050-_IGP7347_%7B14e21df7-b778-4aff-878d-f4532a020263%7D-crop-forum.jpg
Size: 8x10

I was experimenting with hard paste and complimentary colors on a small canvas and then decided to use it as a painting instead of throwing out, so I am happy with anything.

Initially, I was just interested in getting cloud/explosion using complimentary color pair and hard paste, so I started with Cobalt Blue Hue and then applied Golden Hard paste, using brush to give the effect of explosion and then applied Transparent Pyrrole Orange(Golden Fluid acrylic), and where ever the paste was thin, visual mix of blue and orange resulted in shadows, and where ever the paste was thick, orange held itself. I got excited with this and in that euphoria I decided to use it for something instead of throwing and added arch, book and eyes.

Coming to the other side of this painting, Book, arch and glowing yellow are supposed to represent faith in general and eyes stands for four popular faith systems of our time.

Some of my friends said that explosion looks like tree or woman's hair, and I tried to change it a bit, then thought this painting is a bonus any way :-). Let me know what you think.

Thanks
Ramesh

Paetau
07-15-2008, 10:46 PM
I really like the bright and solid colour...but I don't really understand the painting but I guess that is just personal!

Ronni
07-16-2008, 03:13 AM
Beautiful and exciting! Keep sending them, There are not enough of yours in the forum.

OkeeKat
07-16-2008, 11:35 AM
Very Interesting composition, I like the bright color contrast!

LavenderFrost
07-16-2008, 11:36 AM
I saw it as a tree. I didn't really understand the meaning before reading your description, but then I'm not good at that kind of thing. I like the fantasy look of the picture.

Smoker
07-16-2008, 11:57 AM
Contemplation of your painting poses many questions, in many ways, about many things. Very nice!

Smoker

asnowfall
07-16-2008, 04:14 PM
Thanks every one for encouraging words.

Paetau: I used Golden's Yellow Iridescent color and that seems to have good chroma compared the other Iridescent colors made by other brands, and also I rarely mix with WHITE for the fear of making it tonal.

Ronni: I do not work off of a photograph, so it takes week or more to decide about color and background. Trying to be more decisive :-)

Smoker: This is my favourite subject and had not thought that this would endup on a tiny 8x10 canvas :-)

Thanks
Ramesh