PDA

View Full Version : New painting CLEARED by MODS!!!!!!

Bizkit
07-15-2008, 07:42 PM
So here is the work that I have been doing the last week or so. I decided to take a small break from the watches and paint something I truly love to paint and that would be pin-ups. Now....even for me this is a bit more than a simple pin up and its a bit over the top so if the subject matter offends you my appologies in advance.

Its still needs some touch up and one more darker color added which Ill likely be doing tonight sometime but here a preview of the work in progress...

Here it is....
Acrylic on stretched canvas, 30x40.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h319/Hellcat65/Lickit3.jpg

howyadoin
07-15-2008, 08:00 PM
I think it looks great. Wouldn't hesitate to hang it on my wall.

gaykir
07-15-2008, 08:07 PM
Very erotic indeed. What I had in mind was even more so (if you can imagine that)! I know a few young men who'd love the have this!! Nice work!

Bizkit
07-15-2008, 08:21 PM
good send em a Email and direct them my way...Ill have it for sale very soon!! I think it looks great myself and am quite pleased and proud of it. Like I said, Ive got one more dark color and a few touch-ups and its ready to roll...

Thanks for the wonderful comments, I do appreciate it!!!

zoropb
07-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Very Cool!

Sergio

~~Kathleen
07-15-2008, 08:54 PM
This is wonderful!
Yes, it is ART, and Yes it is done very well.
I like it very much!
Actually the painting is "FUN!"
~~Kathleen

gaykir
07-15-2008, 08:59 PM
KATHLEEN!!! Stop it this minute!

Ms.Understood
07-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Titillating!:D :thumbsup:

Bizkit
07-15-2008, 09:16 PM
Titillating!:D :thumbsup:

Ohhhhh...Goood title!!! "Titillating"...:clap:

Bizkit
07-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Here it is with the darker color added...still needs another coat of paint but not tonight..Im going to go watch a movie...:thumbsup:

Oh..and varnish to smooooooooth it out..:clap:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h319/Hellcat65/DSCN0099-1.jpg

Mixael
07-15-2008, 10:31 PM
You know what strikes me most about this painting? It isn't the subject matter (although I think it's great). I'm amazed and delighted by the color and composition. The first thing I noticed, and the part that makes me like it, is the monochormacity (if that's even a word :lol: ). For some reason, that is most important in this painting.

Of course, people also say I have a weird sense of what I like.

Michael

susme48
07-15-2008, 11:01 PM
All the good lines are gone...sigh. Interesting, would be my comment...seemed anatomically difficult to me, tho' I have been assured that it is not....:lol: .

Seriously, tho', I agree with Michael about the colors. I like the limited pallette on this.

Bizkit
07-15-2008, 11:46 PM
Thank you for the compliments..just so you know this painting took about a GALLON of blue paint!!!! Seriously, I spent a very good amount of time getting the color mixes correct. I still have some more touch up and Im seriously hoping I dont run out of paint before its accomplished, I reallly didnt mix that much of it....!!!!!!!
Sus..as far a being anotomically difficult, well, ...I really wouldnt know but I sure enjoyed painting it!!!

~~Kathleen
07-16-2008, 02:08 AM
Reply to Gayle...
Just remember, to get to be my age, I had to have been young at one time in my life!:evil:
I used to tell my daughters "Young Men" that came to pick her up, that I invented the games they wanted to play with her, so beware, 'cause I knew what was what!
Absolutely floored them every time! :lol:
~~Kathleen
Who appreciates Art in all forms:smug:

kwg
07-16-2008, 03:33 AM
Nice work. Very bold. I agree that "Titillating" is a fitting title!

howyadoin
07-16-2008, 05:37 AM
...seemed anatomically difficult to me, tho' I have been assured that it is not....:lol: .Okay, that cracked me up.

arl
07-16-2008, 08:27 AM
Wonderful work.

sonita
07-16-2008, 08:44 AM
Love it!! Glad you got to show us the whole thing :)
Soni

OkeeKat
07-16-2008, 11:26 AM
Wonderful Biz!! I love everyting about this!! Glad you showed us the whole painting, I too love they way you chose the colors, it amazes me how you do itm, deciding what colors go where to achieve the depth and shadowing!! Truely fantastic!!:clap:

~~Kathleen
07-16-2008, 12:26 PM
Hey Biz, was your reference pic (We do know that you did NOT use a Model for this:eek:) ........in colour, or did you reduce it to "Gray Scale?"
Your style of painting is very Poignant.
The more I see your art, tha more I like it.
So very uncluttered, yet very detailed (if that makes sense)
~~Kathleen

AndyMcC
07-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Very nice, the blue you've used is great and the simple shapes give complete form to the subject, I personally don't consider it erotic art but just good art :)

mollynix
07-16-2008, 02:14 PM
Stunning..dramatic..oh..those blues! I love it!

Bizkit
07-16-2008, 03:35 PM
Hey Biz, was your reference pic (We do know that you did NOT use a Model for this:eek:) ........in colour, or did you reduce it to "Gray Scale?"
Your style of painting is very Poignant.
The more I see your art, tha more I like it.
So very uncluttered, yet very detailed (if that makes sense)
~~Kathleen

God I wish I had that model...:eek: :thumbsup: :lol:
Yes, the reference pic was in fact a color picture, I then played with it in Photoshop and got it to the point that I really liked the effect that it gave me. Was it reduced to gray scale, no not really..I left it color and traced it via a projecter and started in with the color mixing. The base color is Cobolt Blue and I believe there are 5 coats on the canvas before a brush ever touch it. The base color was broke down into 6 gradients ranging obviously from dark to light, the darkest was Ivory black with a touch of blue and lightest, well, you get the idea. I did mix up a few mess ups before I got the colors the way I wanted them, I dont know if they are perfect or far from it but I like it just the same. I will say the lightest color is probably a bit lighter than it should be but I did that intentionally because I thought it created a dramatic effect and after I painted I really enjoyed the look it gave off so I left it at that.......Does that help???:rolleyes:

Thanks to all once again for the wonderful commets and support!!! I will HOPEFULLY have a site you all can visit very soon, Im hard at work on it in the evenings and by the weekend Ill send you all the link!!

Bizzzzzzzz......

debee
07-16-2008, 03:37 PM
I really like the monochromatic simplicity of this. Well done!!

My husband really enjoyed this one too....um....let's just say he had his own reasons.

oicclouds
07-16-2008, 04:47 PM
I love the blues also. Makes her pop! :o :o

Seriously, awesome job! Vicki

eyepaint
07-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Fun!

Bizkit
07-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Debbie Ha-ha..glad your hubby enjoyed it!!
Vicki Thanks!!!!
EyepaintYup!!! Fun indeed...

*Violet*
07-17-2008, 02:32 AM
cool painting !! ... tho maybe i have a good imagination coz i think the lower torso darks need to be gone over more .... as it is, it kind of *ghosts* anatomy that appears to have been painted over ...

Tappis
07-23-2008, 09:52 AM
I like this painting, Mostly for it's concept and subject matter. I know a few women who would hang it too. ( smile ) ( wink ) lol

-

Bizkit
07-23-2008, 11:17 AM
Violet The torso is far more darkened check out my blog for the finished product. Im pretty sure it was your imagination.....LOL.

Tapppis Love your Avatar...can I paint you!!! LOL....
Thanks for the compliment, Feel free to let your friends know that its for sale!!!!

asnowfall
07-24-2008, 01:07 AM
nice