PDA

View Full Version : Indian Camp

MCARTERMLB
07-14-2008, 08:29 PM
Well, it's been a while since I have posted here and actaully, it's been a while since I have painted much. Those of you who remember me will remember that I just started painting last year and have only done a few paintings and I am self tought so, it helps to have a website like this onewith so many great artist. This is one I was just practicing with on water and just kept adding and I ended up liking it so I thought I would share. Feel free to C$C. For you are all great artist and I appreciate the C$C, for it helps me to learn.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jul-2008/131792-INDIAN_CAMP_UPDATE_1.jpg

amotwell
07-14-2008, 08:33 PM
This is quite well done! The water is great! The only thing that jumps out at me is that the brown patch in the foreground in front of the log doesn't seem as well done as everything else. (Everything else is really, really good.) Perhaps there should be more of a blend between the earth/mud/water?

OkeeKat
07-14-2008, 09:55 PM
Wonderful!! It's done very well!! Great Job!!

MCARTERMLB
07-15-2008, 12:40 AM
Thank you for your comments and you are absolutely right about the earth color. I've been planning on brightining it up a bit. Thank you for your help.

arl
07-15-2008, 07:27 AM
I like this piece and the composition. For me, also the earth colour doesn't read right. It seems to be vertical, standing up, instead of being with the rest of the area.

TxAggieDarlin
07-15-2008, 09:15 AM
:clap: I LOVE this, but I have to agree with amo. That dirt on the left side almost looks like a cliff, but that does not go with the rest of the painting. I think you need some horizontal strokes there rather than going up....then this will be just awesome...good luck :)