PDA

View Full Version : Pastel Pencil ~ WIP

TeAnne
07-17-2002, 07:54 PM
This is from the Conceptual Project. (oooops I forgot the butt icon)

Here I have worked one of my thumbnail ideas in pastel pencils. 28cm x 35cm. Using a limited pallett of Blue, Red, Pink and white. Red is for the power of love. Blue is for the calm she can bring with her protection. Pink for her softness of heart towards her child and white for pure love. The womans baby is oversized to depict that mothers will protect their children, no matter what age/size.
(I havn't used pastel pencils on such a big area before.) I could probally make this work on a larger scale with soft pastels. I think this medium might suit this pic and I might be able to push it further.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jul-2002/aimage01.jpg
Here is a detail of her face. I was trying to depict 'protection' on her face.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jul-2002/aimage02.jpg

Elinor
07-17-2002, 09:34 PM
I love this. It is such an intuitive painting. You have captured her protectiveness and loving nature in her face for sure.

TeAnne
07-17-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Elinor
I love this. It is such an intuitive painting. You have captured her protectiveness and loving nature in her face for sure.
Thanks Elinor :) The more I look @ the original, the more I want to simplify it. It's looking too literal.

TeAnne
07-20-2002, 11:02 PM
Would anyone else be kind enough to comment? Please?

JustjoGA
07-23-2002, 04:55 AM
TeAnne... I just this morning found this thread... I am always awed by the way you use color to express feeling and emotion. This one is no exception. I'm not sure it needs any simplification. It speaks volumes just as you have laid it out.

KarenU
07-24-2002, 09:26 PM
TeAnne....before I even read your description of what you were trying to convey, I felt this was an amazing painting! (IMHO) I don't feel that this is too literal at all.

TeAnne
07-24-2002, 09:34 PM
Thanks for looking Justy and Karen, it's great to have others opinions. I do appreciate :D