PDA

View Full Version : First Day of Dianna Ponting's Workshop

knippes
07-13-2008, 10:43 AM
Hi everyone,
I thought I'd drop a quick note before heading off to the second (and unfortunately last) day of Dianna's workshop in Littleton, CO. The best word to describe it is - WOW:clap:. Dianna had several demo paintings on the wall from previous workshops and while her work is fantastic on the computer screen, well it doesn't hold a candle to viewing it in person. We started off with a lecture and then a demo and were then off to the races to work on our own version of... Allsorts! Dianna supplied us with a drawing and photo to work from and then demo-ed additional parts of the painting throughout the day. She would go around our group and give us each great advice. For me, I've got to learn how to make my darks darker, and my lights lighter - see Dianna - I was listening.:angel: I didn't bring my painting home last night, although it was mostly done. I'll post some shots tomorrow showing the end results.
We also got to meet Terry Ludwig - who is a very nice guy. And he liked my service dog, Alexei - so he's definitely all right in my book.:) He's got a great facility and so many beautiful shades of pastel. They are just gorgeous.
I got to meet Sheila from WC. It sure is nice to meet folks in person. I'm really looking forward to today's class. If any of you get the opportunity - I highly advice taking one of Dianna's classes.
--Kym

water girl
07-13-2008, 03:35 PM
Kym, I hope that you will post your painting tomorrow. What an amazing weekend you will have had! Working with Dianna, meeting Terry and hopefully taking home some of Terry's pastels! :)

Scottyarthur
07-13-2008, 06:09 PM
Kym, Your great dog I'm sure is one of your best friends , I saw you briefly in passing as you left the class saturday afternoon, Sorry I didn't introduce myself. I saw everyones paintings and they were all really great. Dianna is such a wonderful person, as is Terry. I will be looking to see the finished painting when its done and you have posted it here. hope you all have a great day at class.

mrking
07-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Post the painting when you get a chance!!!! :D

Adele O
07-14-2008, 08:00 PM
I've heard so many wonderful things about Dianna's classes. Everyone says they learn sooo much. I can't wait to see your painting!!! I do hope you're planning on uploading! :)

Adele

ponting
07-14-2008, 08:26 PM
Wow Kym....you are a speedy one...I am still in Denver and you are alreadyposting!! Thanks ever so much for the "rave review" http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jul-2008/34523-blushing.gif

I went back today and had a nice quiet visit with Terry. Spent an hour last night looking at my new "Dianna Ponting" set of darks and decided I needed to make a few switches....sorry Myrna and Don...added some of the SW Sunset colors so it looks hot now!! I will write and let you know which ones I added. In any event you will have that wonderful range of ultramarines that no one else will have!!

Wanna peek????

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jul-2008/34523-DRP-darks-small.jpg

Kym, you were a pleasure to teach...we are already making plans for another workshop next year so perhaps we will meet again.!! :heart:

Cheers, Dianna:wave:

mrking
07-15-2008, 12:05 AM
Nice! When can I order it. :D

artseefartsee
07-15-2008, 08:37 AM
I, to was able to attend the workshop in Littleton, and it was everything Kym said and more. Dianna is so generous with all of her knowledge, she kept wanting to know if we had any questions she could answer. She had her hands full though with our Oklahoma bunch!!:lol:
We are looking into having a show here in Oklahoma next year. Kym is such a very special person,:clap: it was such a pleasure to meet her and Dianna is dynamic. What a fun time? Were we supposed to have so much fun Dianna?:rolleyes:
I've already go my piece at the framers, Kym, finish yours and post it so everyone can see how great it is.:wave:
Sheila

knippes
07-15-2008, 10:16 AM
I've finally posted my paintings from Dianna's workshop. Here is the link to the posting in the gallery. http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=506734
Dianna, If you come back to Colorado, you can most certainly count on me being there. What a fantastic weekend. I'll have to start saving my pennies now, cause I'm going to have to buy one of your Terry Ludwig sets too. It looks great.
--Kym