PDA

View Full Version : What an honor

Scottyarthur
07-12-2008, 10:33 PM
I had the opportunity to meet Dianna Ponting today :thumbsup: , though only for a short while after her class :cool: . What a wonderful lady with great talent :clap: . Got to see the work that the class was doing and wow they were all realy nice paintings :thumbsup: . What an honor, I was very glad that I went :D , Thank you Dianna for inviting me to come say hello after class.:clap: :clap:

Tressa
07-12-2008, 11:00 PM
How cool Scott; Did you pick her brain while you had the chance??:D

Scottyarthur
07-12-2008, 11:09 PM
No:( not really alot of time, but would loved to have had more time to sit and talk. She is truly a wonderful and gifted person. She knew me right away.
As I said earlier it was an honor.

ponting
07-14-2008, 09:03 PM
The honor was all mine...so be sure Scott!! It was so wonderful of you to take the time to drop around and I am only sorry that it couldn't have been longer. As it was I got lost and ended up at Jerry's at 5:45 and they were closed! :( The sign said 6 pm so I banged on the door until that answered and let me in :lol: so all was not lost...everyone got the pencils they couldn't find.

You are exactly the person I envisioned you to be...friendly and earnest about pastelling....:D I do hope we can get together next year!

Cheers, and thanks again....Dianna :cat:

Scottyarthur
07-14-2008, 11:06 PM
I am truly sorry:( , I should have ask and had you just follow me there, my apologys :o . I live just the other way from jerry's and you seem to know the way. I was thinking maybe you had went by there on friday. I should have known better as this being you first time here :o . I thought about it after the fact when I got home. Was kim there the manager? I am so glad that they opened the doors for you :) . I will have to let kim know it was appreciated.
Are you planning to come back next year? You will have to let me know when, and if there is anything I can do to help if needed :angel: . By the way did you get to go up to idledale, kittredge and then up to evergreen, the three little towns I was telling you about.

ponting
07-16-2008, 08:26 PM
No problem Scotty....all worked out well. Yes, I did take the route you suggested and thought the sun wasn't cooperating for great pictures...I got of a few sunlit shots of a fly fisherman on the way up there at that lovely creek/river before Kittredge. I also got to chat with the lovely old lady who owns and lives in that antique shop just as you come into Morrison. What a dear! Thanks again for your suggestions, it was a delightful bonus to the whole trip!! I will be going up again next year to get so better photos!!

Cheers, Dianna :wave:

Scottyarthur
07-16-2008, 09:31 PM
Dianna I tell you what. Let me know when you get the details worked out on your return visit, and let me know what you would like to see or do & I will try to work things out on my end and I'll give you a personal tour for the day. Things like small towns, I know you like, how about old mines, parks, senic drives, museums, ect., just let me know.