PDA

View Full Version : Its "Rip 'er apart, and put it together time" here LOL

~~Kathleen
07-12-2008, 02:28 PM
A scene from Japan almost @ the top of the mountain and a lot more light is now visable.
I Have all the elements in place now, It seems a wee bit too monochromatic to me at this stage.
I have used Goldens Molding paste for the rocks on this one,
It is 2,5' X 2.5' and will hang in a very well lit area atop a stairway with with a huge window facing it, for the evening, it will have its' own spotlight so I do not want it too bright.
I will darken the pine needles a lot, match the paint on the upper pool with the lower, and add all the details to the background, I have to tie the lower pile of rocks together a bit more, as they seem to be sitting there without any support.
The water in the pools has to be refined as well with edging to be placed yet!
There are two highlights of the rocks below.
Any suggestions?
~~Kathleen
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jul-2008/92567-for_posting.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jul-2008/92567-July12.jpg

tobiano
07-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Kathleen, I love the texture on the rocks! All of the details youíre planning, creating contrast in the pine needles and the background, all sound like the right direction to me, especially in the pine where you can see through to the rocks behind. The more contrast there the better. I donít know that you need to match the pools of water, I kind of like the effect of the water having areas of dark to indicate shadowed depth and lighter for reflections. :)

susme48
07-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Loving this....can't wait to see the next step!!

~~Kathleen
07-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Thanks Tobiano & Susan for your time and comments.
Your input is appreciated.
I had to step away from this painting for a week, and I must say, on return, everything that I would think as a flaw jumped out and hit me on my return!:lol:
I am still debating the top area of water. This is run-off from mountain snows, and while it is moving, it is not run-off as we here know it, it is almost just a trickle and the water was meandering almost noislessly. As well it was almost a blue black because of the difused light.
I may just use the edges as an area to lighten the water where it pools to the side of the pond area.
This is the first time I have used molding paste, and it has been so much fun. It picks up the colours differently (very porous) and the paint can be blotted for highlights atop the rocks while wet!
Again thank-you both.
I'm off to work a bit on the background now!
~~Kathleen

OkeeKat
07-12-2008, 05:26 PM
WOW this is great Kathleen!! looking forward to seeing it completed!!

SunsetSue
07-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Kathleen, I love the texture in this one! No suggestions from me just now, you are well on your way and I look forward to the grand finale!

Linee
07-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Looks good to me! Love the texture.

~~Kathleen
07-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Thanks Kathie, Sue and Linda.
I must admit that using the molding paste has proven to be a wonderful experiance.
(I have Howard and Bret (Howyadoing) for goading me into trying this medium for the first time.) As is usual, they were bang on with their helpful hints on their posts when they used this product.:clap:
~~Kathleen

edtree
07-12-2008, 09:59 PM
:wave: Hi Kathleen!

The close-up especially looks like oils! I love that look! The texture is also very yummy! I don't think you need suggestions; you've got a pretty good handle on things from what I'm seeing! :thumbsup: :D

Elizabeth

Artchrispy
07-12-2008, 10:52 PM
You've created a great pattern and surface texture. Love those lighter blues filtering through the leaves and the golden river bank. The piece is so earthy and solid yet abstract. Great work!

arl
07-13-2008, 09:11 AM
The texture in this is great.

gaykir
07-13-2008, 11:20 AM
As everyone has noted, the texturs is wonderful. I also enjoy this palette!! The colors work very well on this one. Nice job!

Eraethil
07-14-2008, 02:37 AM
Really like the composition! Will enjoy seeing it after you execute on your plan. :)

debee
07-14-2008, 11:17 AM
I also like the texture in this. Very nice work and looking forward to the finish!