PDA

View Full Version : Red Couch--Older one

Ms.Understood
07-11-2008, 08:17 PM
I did this one a few years ago, and recently someone in my studio commented on it. I was curious what you all might think of it...ALL C & C WELCOME!:wave:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jul-2008/117883-Red_Couch,_Acrylic,_9_x_12--condensed.JPG

OkeeKat
07-11-2008, 09:20 PM
I think this is pretty Good Jenny, Quite Bold colors but not distracting at all!!

amotwell
07-11-2008, 09:24 PM
I like your background! It's probably just me, but since there's implied detail in the background and lots of detail in the figure, the couch looks a little flat and lacking in detail.

Raymo
07-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Oh this must be from your pre-nude era, lol.
It's a nice one.

Ms.Understood
07-11-2008, 11:43 PM
Oh this must be from your pre-nude era, lol.
It's a nice one.
:lol: I think I may have started it in the classroom as an example of something--but I don't remember. I was probably keeping it G to PG-13!:rolleyes:

It's 9 x 12 canvas board, by the way.

Thanks for all the comments--

Kathy--The lighting is a little off making it a tad brighter, but not much, so thanks for the reassurance it's not obnocious!:)

Angela--Since the lighting is off a tad, there's a slight difference in the couch but not much--Maybe if I change the title, no one will notice the couch is flat.:lol:

I'm kind of wondering if it's worth displaying with the rest of my work. Mind you, I haven't made it to Gallery level, but coffee houses or art fairs?:confused:

Linee
07-11-2008, 11:54 PM
I love the line and color in this!

Bizkit
07-12-2008, 01:17 AM
I like it..!!!! I get that, "what are you looking at?" feel from it !! Very interesting piece there. This might be a good one to do again in a more recent version to see how youve evolved in your process's....

sonita
07-12-2008, 11:23 AM
Lovely facial expression :) I think the hand next to her face is to big though
Soni

Artchrispy
07-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Very expressive posture. Her pose sort of mimics the couch which creates a strong and unique composition and the colors are appealing. Nice work.

edtree
07-12-2008, 09:29 PM
:wave: Hi Jenny!

I like it! The couch, the pose, the composition itself, really good! The only thing that bothers me is her shoulder and upper arm. Those areas seem overly developed (muscularly) and the shading makes it look dirty.

Now that I've said that, I kind of like Biz's idea for you to do a fresh one and see what happens. It would be interesting to see and knowing the way you whip these out, it might not take too long, right?! :D

Elizabeth

Ms.Understood
07-12-2008, 11:40 PM
:wave: Hi all--I thought I sent a response out to everyone, apparently, I forgot to submit it...:rolleyes:

Thanks Linda, Bizkit, Sonia, Artchrispy & Elizabeth!:heart:

I do like the idea of doing it again!--but I've been very busy these last two days...(see new thread--GEMINI DUNES). But food for thought for sure!:wink2:

And thanks for all the comments on room for improvement if I do another, helps me see it in another light!:thumbsup:

asnowfall
07-13-2008, 01:55 AM
Joint between neck and shoulders does not seem to be right, and other than I like the contours of sofa, and looks like she has lot of gray hairs and do not know whether it was intended :-)

Ramesh