PDA

View Full Version : I found a really good medium

mametsuki
07-17-2002, 12:13 PM
Just happened upon it while I was in Santa Barbara. It's called Graham walnut medium. Graham's also has a walnut oil to clean brushes with. The medium is really smooth and dries overnight. It also has a beautiful gloss when it dries. Great for final coverage.

CarlyHardy
07-18-2002, 01:24 AM
Thanks Mametsuki for the tip about the medium. I believe this is used in oil painting and you might find more information about its use in that forum, too.

Welcome to WetCanvas!
carly

paintfool
07-18-2002, 08:35 AM
Yes, i agree with Carly. This is certainly something that the 'oil folks' will want to discuss. I'll move the thread for you.
Cheryl

mame
07-18-2002, 11:01 AM
Graham used to work for Grumbacher I think it is, and branched out on his own. High quality pigments and mediums. Highly discounted now to establish a nitch and be competitive with the big guys. Both the acrylics and oils are comparable in quality to major high end (American) manufacturers. Very "buttery" consistency. Limited colors however.

G.L. Hoff
07-18-2002, 11:22 AM
Graham makes good paint. I think they grind their pigments with walnut oil, too. At least they do that with their titanium white, which I've used for some time.

I like nut oil for mediums--I mix walnut with a touch of copal varnish. Does the same thing--dries overnight.

Regards