PDA

View Full Version : Indian Camp

MCARTERMLB
07-11-2008, 07:26 AM
I haven't posted in a lomg time, of course I haven't been painting much either. Here is one I was basically just practicing with and I ended up liking it so, I thought I would share. I will eventually add more to it so consider it not quite done yet.

LavenderFrost
07-11-2008, 11:42 AM
It's lovely already, even though you say it's not done.

Linee
07-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Looking good!

mollynix
07-11-2008, 02:27 PM
looks lovely just as it is right now!

susme48
07-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Can't wait to see more!!

OkeeKat
07-11-2008, 03:30 PM
I think its great! You have alot of detail in it that realy works, its realy coming to life. It looks done to me, I'd love to see it when your finished!!

Smoker
07-11-2008, 03:35 PM
I really like your painting. The reflections in the water are great and the trees and hills fit so nicely.

In the foreground on the left you have stones in the mud. The larger ones are farther away than the small stones. You may want to put some larger stones closer to the viewer. Also, the stones farther away have about the same degree of definition as the ones that are closer. Perspective wise, the closer the object is the darker and more defind it appears. This is a generality but, it is true most of the time.

On the right side of the painting you have painted a few rocks. In the area closer to the viewer you have a few tufts of grass and areas that appear to be dead grass or dirt. You have painted these areas so that the dead grass or dirt areas appear to be lighter the farther way you go...the perspective is perfect (IMHO)!

I've only been painting for about a year and know very little about art of any kind - so take what I say with a grain of salt. Others may have a completely different opinion.

This is a very, very nice painting. It'll be great to see it finished.

edtree
07-12-2008, 09:10 PM
:wave: I love the vibrant blue of the water and the reflections! It's a beautiful scene! I'm glad you decided to post it for us to see! :D

Elizabeth

~~Kathleen
07-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Hi there, I think you have the basis for a wonderful painting here.
The area in the foreground where the bare Earth is could possibly be improved if you gave it the same technique that you did the area like it on the right hand side of this painting.
It seems too bare and not scruffy (is that a word?) enough.
In the same area, you have the water abruptly ending @ the shore line with no shading or division between the two..a light ripple in this area just may well do "it" for you.
Your trees/sky grass/tee-pee are absolutely wonderful.
This is very good!
Keep at it, and welcome back!
~~Kathleen