PDA

View Full Version : Omega Smp Gmt Pop Art

Bizkit
07-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Heres the latest installment of watch paintings. Its done for the most part save a few touch-ups here and there. This thing was a HUGE pain in my nether regions, lesson learned here would be to prime the entire canvas Gray before painting!!! Ill definately remeber this for the next one!
Im going to start something new with the next few sets, the next ones definately wont be watches but something a bit different just to mix things up a little bit here and there....Im excited to start them already!!!

So.....Here it is:
Omega Seamaster Professional Chronograph GMT
Acrylic
Canvas 24x30

by yours truly...:thumbsup:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h319/Hellcat65/DSCN0062.jpg

One more shot:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h319/Hellcat65/SeamasterPicturecomplete.jpg

susme48
07-09-2008, 07:10 PM
Wow...again...lol!!

OkeeKat
07-09-2008, 08:18 PM
WOW an WOW.. Amazing!!! I Love it!!!

Bizkit
07-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Thanks Sus and Okee!! I appreciate your kind comments!!

amotwell
07-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Love your watches, Bizkit!

Do you work from one specific reference photo unerringly or do you mix it up a bit sometimes? I think the red details would really "pop" if they were "1950's pink" instead, but I have no idea whether any watch has ever been made with those colors. :)

gaykir
07-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Terrific!!

Bizkit
07-09-2008, 11:33 PM
Love your watches, Bizkit!

Do you work from one specific reference photo unerringly or do you mix it up a bit sometimes? I think the red details would really "pop" if they were "1950's pink" instead, but I have no idea whether any watch has ever been made with those colors. :)

Well...Pink would definately be Different. I do work from a reference Mock up if you will. I also alter on a as needed basis but I "try" to keep the watch look pretty much as close to the real thing as possible (at least in this case..). I do like your Idea and may sometime incorperate it into another edition of this. Im toying with a few things right now and this will be the last of the watches for a few paintings...:wave: Going to do something a bit different and see how that works as well!!!:thumbsup:

One more pic with Varnish:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h319/Hellcat65/OMgeasmp.jpg

jgascot
07-10-2008, 02:58 AM
Wonderful!

edtree
07-10-2008, 08:14 AM
:wave: Don't you just love it when the lesson reveals itself after the fact :rolleyes: I see what you mean that it would have been much easier with a grey canvas to begin with. Still, the outcome is excellent! This is spectacular! :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with next! :D

Elizabeth

arl
07-10-2008, 08:16 AM
Wonderful composition. Beautiful shapes and colour.

LavenderFrost
07-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Nice work. You seem to be able to keep your edges very neat.

Ms.Understood
07-11-2008, 02:49 AM
Live and learn, eh? Really like this one!

Looking forward to the new theme...ah, the suspense.

HOllyLL
07-11-2008, 02:05 PM
this is spectacular..and I'll bet the photo doesn't even do it justice!!! Great pop art!

Bizkit
07-12-2008, 01:32 AM
Thanks all...and no the photo really does not do much for it. Its currently sitting in the front window of Putman Gallery in the French Quarter!!! Im pretty excited that they have decided to sell my art for me...
Ive got plenty more planned but the next one is definately not a watch so stay tuned!!!

~~Kathleen
07-12-2008, 06:26 AM
If the next is not a watch who will "Keep time" for us now?:lol:
Hurry up and get too it, I am waiting!:music::music::music::music::music:La lalalala!
(Singing to pass the time!) LOL
~~Kathleen