PDA

View Full Version : Wonkys are giving me goosebumps!

DonnaB
07-16-2002, 09:12 PM
As I said today in the email I sent out to the wonky bead exchange participants, I am about halfway through here on my end and should have them in the mail on Thursday!

Anyway, today when I was sorting them, many times i just got goosebumps being in the presence of all this glass creativity and I felt so honored to be entrusted with it all. It is over 400 beads. Yes, they are imperfect beads as that was what the exchange was meant for, but there is just something very special about coordinating an exchange. Has anyone else felt this? It is different from all the other ways we get close to beads... Yes, even though I am absolutely in the peak of the "headache" part, if you can call it that, of it all I can see I would do it again.

The thing that gets me is the VARIETY! The different styles, it is astounding. Also I have got to see some techniques in person which I haven't seen before.

Okay enough from me, I am going to go tuck my boys in bed and put in another shift toward getting the little treasures ready to mail to their new owners...

I am just so proud of all of us.

mistymade
07-17-2002, 12:09 AM
Darn! I didn't get in on this exchange! I hope there will be another one, especially since most of my beads are wonky, wonky,and wonky! :D
Misty :)

Kimberly Affleck
07-17-2002, 12:11 AM
I second that! I got in on this exchange, but we were supposed to send in 20 wonky beads. I have WAY more than that!!:) :) :)

mistymade
07-17-2002, 12:14 AM
Hmmmm...maybe I should coordinate a wonky bead exchange after yours is completed? What do you think? Would that be a good idea??? Or are you planning another one?
Misty:D

b2beads
07-17-2002, 12:40 AM
I, uh, sent quite a few more... Once I started explaining to them they'd have good homes, they just kept leaping into the box...

B2 (whose starting to wonder if this beads-as-talking-companions thing may require increasing the medication...):D

DonnaB
07-17-2002, 09:41 AM
Oh goodness yes Misty, I would go ahead and start a wonky exchange if I were you. I wasn't going to do the next one until fall and who knows, maybe I would end up postponing it til after holidays. I definately think if you are inclined that you should start a signup immediately. Everyone has wonky beads lying around. If you have any questions just email me at [email protected] It is GREAT fun.

Beth does send lots of extras. In fact, she sent so many that I entered her in the exchange twice! Her beads have been talking to me too, so probably Beth your medication dose is okay. Unless we are both on the same meds...

DonnaB
07-17-2002, 10:09 AM
Misty, you'll need to make this:

DonnaB
07-17-2002, 10:10 AM
Look like this:

DonnaB
07-17-2002, 10:15 AM
Okay everyone, I am off to shoot the wonky exchange photos in the morning light here. I get the best photos in the morning in the front of my house. I hope the beads behave today. Last night around midnight, some of them started acting up. They were doing things like hopping into the wrong boxes and hiding and stuff like that. I think some of them want to screw this up for me and make me look bad. But I might just be paranoid.

Kimberly Affleck
07-17-2002, 10:49 AM
Donna,
After all, they are wonky beads. You should expect some behaior problems and I would certainly be disappointed if they didn't have an "attitude"!! I only sent the ones that I had trouble controlling, so I am afraid I added to your problems!
Looks like so much work! Thank you for doing this! I can hardly wait to get mine!!

DonnaB
07-17-2002, 11:33 AM
Look! 400 Wonky Beads in one tinyhead! Now don't everyone go emailing me asking who made which one. I told you this is an anonymous exchange.:D

Better pics to be posted after everyone gets their package...

DonnaB
07-17-2002, 11:39 AM
Funny comment from four year old Zach, I was trying to shoot the photos before he woke up and of course he came wandering in before I was done.

Last night as he went to bed, I had been sorting the beads, and so when he saw me with them again when he awoke this morning he said "Mom, how come you did that all night?" explained to him that I did sleep in between!

mistymade
07-17-2002, 05:53 PM
Wow Donna!!! Look at all those wonkies! I'm gonna think about doing the exchange...it really does sound like fun! You are really doing an awesome job, what organization! Wow!
Misty:D