PDA

View Full Version : just finished these last night cnc incouraged

ryan-eric
07-07-2008, 01:54 PM
hi just finished these last night the first is 12"x12" on masonite acrylic and ink the second is a odd size in red oak and is mostly inks with the littile people in the sky in acrylic

amotwell
07-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Hi Ryan-Eric,

I very much like the second piece, but I feel like I'm "missing something" on the first. I guess I'm not entirely certain what I'm looking at? The old-style TV is well done, though!

Bizkit
07-08-2008, 12:24 AM
pretty cool....Im with Amotwell here on the first though, care to explain it a bit to give us a better understanding? I do like how youve done them both, they are well executed!

edtree
07-08-2008, 10:21 AM
:wave: Hi Ryan!

I really like the style of these paintings. The first one does leave some questions though as to your intent. I see a child fishing and a TV and have a feeling there is a symbolic meaning. Maybe we just need to know what the child is fishing for to make the message clearer?

The second one is very unique and well done. I love it just as it is. It reminds me somewhat of an Art Nouveau - illustrative, playful, big beautiful moon. It is a GREAT piece! :D

Elizabeth

LavenderFrost
07-08-2008, 12:04 PM
Very creative.

Linee
07-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Very cool!

ryan-eric
07-08-2008, 01:10 PM
thank you all :)
Here is a little about the first one the TV represents todays American culture and the child represents the innocence of imagination and playful ness in natural beauty which some times we loose inside pop culture

Mz_Sketch_Pad
07-08-2008, 01:27 PM
wow!!! these are too cool. its very fairy tale like but with your own spin