PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration in Boro!

LLuvia Brito
07-16-2002, 07:10 PM
Well my parents came back from Big Bear with a whole bunch of neat necklaces and inspired me to finally get back in the swing of making jewelry out of my Boro Beads, Black onyx, Sugalite and Amethyst mixed with a Flame Dart Frog dangle and Purple luster and Ruby ember beads! I'm a little worried about the frog since its a dangle on a Bracelet, but hopefully I'll be careful enough not to smash it in my car door :crying:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jul-2002/frogieb.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jul-2002/frogieb2.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jul-2002/frogieb3.jpg

Lori Robbins
07-16-2002, 08:13 PM
Stunning! What a cute counter weight.

Jennifer Geldard
07-16-2002, 08:24 PM
YUM!!!!
Beautiful color you pulled out of that boro!

Laura Brito
07-16-2002, 09:17 PM
My daughter really has a good hold on color work in borosilicate, she understands the chemical end of it, and how to develop color really well. We all went to a talk with Harold from GA. It was very informative. He is so full of info! whew!

LLuvia is really an artist....

Laura

BAM
07-16-2002, 09:34 PM
She absolutely is an artist. I love the mix of texture. Just beautiful. Mind if we ask your age Lluvia? Too nosey? No, not asking you to reveal your mom's age....just yours. I am always in awe of young artists.
Betty

Lenda
07-16-2002, 09:43 PM
OK Laura, didn't know Lluvia was your daughter, should have known great talent runs in the family!!

Lluvia, love your name by the way, I'm just stunned by your grasp on boro. The colors you can get out is just amazing, drawing me ever more to it. I guess I'm just gonna have to get some-

Gotta go, gonna check out your website.

Lenda :D

Kathy Champion
07-16-2002, 09:49 PM
Those are gorgeous beads and a stunning bracelet. I'm also concerned about your abusing that frog...maybe he'd be safer at my house?;)

Thanks for sharing,

Kathy

craftylady
07-16-2002, 10:59 PM
Wow you are really talented !!! I love that frog.. I have tried about 6 frogs well they were suppose to be frogs. The were more like road kill. But yours are just so cute. Please post more pictures of your work:clap: :clap:

mistymade
07-16-2002, 11:09 PM
Awesome necklace Lluvia and awesome beads! That little froggie is too cute, if he doesn't want to go to Kathy's house, he can always come over to mine!:D
Beautiful work!
Misty:)

Laura Brito
07-17-2002, 02:23 AM
heheh it is a Bracelet. Oh and she is 20. Too cute. hehe, She has been doing this since 13 (in case someone missed that)

Laura:D

Modesto
07-17-2002, 07:29 AM
That frog seems to have a tight hold on that bead, I would do no less. You are so talented...and young...7 years under your belt...you have it all.

Sable
07-17-2002, 10:56 AM
Nice work there! I particualary like the beads with the purple luster and ruby. nice touch!

Just an idea, try using the new millennemum moss for frog bodys and legs. or old moss works good too, but doesn't have that nice new sparkle!

-Josh

LLuvia Brito
07-17-2002, 03:08 PM
I have yet to get my hands on a rod of millennium moss just yet, I think we have one floating around the studio, I'll have to hunt it down since today is going to be Frog day for me! I've got an exchange I need to make a few froggies for! I'm going to have to find just the right kind of happy bouncy music to listen to since I usually only make one frog a day :eek:

craftylady: Did you try making your frogs with Soft or Hard glass? I always find making thick stringers before I make the frog helps with doing the legs and a tiny flame is great for getting details in.

And my mom is correct I just turned 20 this June, I've been lampworking since I was 13 I did take small breaks here and there, I worked on Wire Wrapping pendants for a long time and then gave up LOL

Thank you all for the wonderful compliments, Definitely is a help getting motivated to get out in the studio and make more!! :clap:

LLuvia

To see more of my work visit www.beadful.com/bluerainglass/ Imaginative Borosilicate Lampwork Beads

ValorieCox
07-17-2002, 03:40 PM
Lluvia, Wow what a talented family! I love everything about that incredible bracelet, and the glass that went into it. The frog seem flat enough and well attached to the bead, you should have no trouble wearing it proudly.

We'd love to see more of your work Lluvia!...please!

Best, Valorie

macbeth7
07-19-2002, 01:25 PM
Hi Lluvia,

Wow, awesome bracelet! :clap: Love the frog...hope he survives his car trips! ;)

Beth