PDA

View Full Version : Going to Dianna Ponting's Class

knippes
07-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Hi Everyone,
Its been ages (and I mean ages) since I've posted here. I took a little break from pastels and have been working on some other projects. I stopped in here a couple of weeks ago and saw the thread on Dianna Ponting's class in Littleton Colorado and was immediately hooked back in. I've been hoping for as long as I've been a member here to attend one of her workshops, but since she's in BC and I'm in Colorado and unable to travel, I figured that it was just a pipe dream. Well to say that I got quite excited when I found out that she is going to be 20 minutes from my house - is rather an understatement. So, I've spend the last couple of weeks counting down the days, preparing still lifes to sketch for the class and packing up my pastels. Wahoo:clap:, I'm going to Dianna's class.
--Kym

artseefartsee
07-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Kym, these are my feelings exactly, although I live in Oklahoma, it's as close as I will probably ever get, so I'm going too, also am taking four others with me. Hope to see you there.
Sheila

mrking
07-06-2008, 11:37 AM
It will change how you work in pastels forever. :D

SuzySue
07-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Oh, I wish Dianna would come to Texas.

knippes
07-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Sheila, Thats great that there are going to be other WC'ers there. I'll be looking forward to meeting you all.
Michael - I'm so glad to hear you say that. I did Dianna's tutorial here on the all sorts and REALLY enjoyed it. I'm hoping that seeing her work in person is going to be even better than the tutorial. Have you already been to one of her workshops?
--Kym

mrking
07-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Oh ya, I have made it to three already. :) Having her is BC is great. :D

My advice is ask as many questions as you can and try to monopolize her time with your painting as much as you can. In a nice way. :) It sounds selfish I know, but you will learn the most that way. :thumbsup:

Scottyarthur
07-07-2008, 12:33 AM
Kym are you in the Castle Rock area or south denver area I also am just 15 min. away from terry's studio, have you been there before and meet him, he is a very nice person. I think you all will have a great experence.

knippes
07-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Hi Scott,
I'm in the very south eastern tip of Lakewood. I've never been to Terry's, but I'm really looking forward to it. I noticed last night that they have some more garage sale pastels on ebay and I purchased a great set of 30, which they are graciously allowing me to pick up at the class.
--Kym

Kelly Eisenhower
07-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Diana's classes are great. I've been to one in San Clemente and I gave my painting to my sister to hold safe and now she has no idea where it went. Arg!!!!

I learned alot from Diana! If she comes to norcal, I'll sign up again!

Scottyarthur
07-09-2008, 01:10 AM
Kim I know just about where you are. we are pretty close to one another I live near Sheridan and Evans, Maybe we can get together some time and paint or even just talk about the arts.