PDA

View Full Version : Back after a spell...

digitalis
07-06-2008, 06:22 AM
Hi Folks

I have been otherwise occupied for some time but am now back for some more art appreciation!
My recent painting exhibition went very well, I had a good crowd on opening night and talked a lot of art for the week it was open. In the end I sold 22 pictures which was both very humbling and gratifying.
Last week I took the opportunity to do some en plein air painting while visiting some friends in the scenic Tweed Valley - hope you like it!
380mm x 165mm acrylic on board
Any comment is welcome!

David
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jul-2008/99784-s-Siding.jpg

IslanderNL
07-06-2008, 07:04 AM
The colours are beautiful, very serene looking. Excellent work!

arl
07-06-2008, 07:31 AM
Beautiful colours and composition. Congratulations on your show.

Lady Carol
07-06-2008, 09:33 AM
I knew your show would be successful. Congrats on all the sales.

I bet you sold the one with the woman up the tree.

~~Kathleen
07-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Wonderful re the show, and very good to see you back in action!
I like this!
~~Kathleen

LavenderFrost
07-06-2008, 12:23 PM
I am so jealous! I haven't sold anything in ages. Congrats!

I see another sale in this painting's future. It's beautiful!

idylbrush
07-06-2008, 12:33 PM
congratulations. What a great showing that must have been.

sonita
07-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Congratulations on a fabulous show and successful sails :)
Beautiful composition and colors here...a very calming/peaceful place!
Soni

eyepaint
07-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Congrats on the sales and so glad your exhibit went well. This is a super piece and it really has depth and a sense of distance.

Smoker
07-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Very lovely and peaceful. My kind of place.

Smoker

Ms.Understood
07-06-2008, 04:30 PM
:clap: Fantastic news about the show and multiple sales--Great new one as well!

rmc
07-06-2008, 05:22 PM
beautiful plein air work -
congratulations on the show - well done on so many sales!!!!!!

chammi kaiser
07-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Well done with the sales and the show. I'm not surprised at all. Your work is always compelling. Love the latest one.

C_Line
07-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Wonderful piece David - and no surprise that you sold so many pieces! Congratulations.

digitalis
07-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks Jeanette - it was quite atmospheric on the day, lots of shady blues.

Thanks Arlene - I really enjoyed exhibiting.

Hi Carol - actually no, that one had many admirers but didn't sell, which is fine by me because it now hangs in our house.

Thanks Kathleen - I am keen to paint for sure!

Thanks LavenderFrost - It's tricky selling paintings I know. I never expect them to sell, but it's lovely when they do!

Thanks Howard - It was great fun, I talked myself silly. People often had insightful comments and conversation to offer, which I greatly appreciated.

Thank you Soni - This place is quite hilly and rural - there's usually a potential painting in any given direction!

Thanks EP - I appreciate that, this part of the country really gives painters plenty of opportunity to paint distance - clean air and lots of hills!

Thanks Smoker - I painted this from the back yard of some friends' place - they are very fortunate indeed.

Thanks very much Jenny - I still have the warm fuzzies following the show!

Thanks Ruth - I was a bundle of nerves beforehand, but I am a bit more relaxed now!

Thank you Chammi - I was somewhat surprised mainly because it's a tricky time economically at present with many people struggling with mortgages and such, and I wouldn't blame people for tightening their belts.

Thank you Celeste - much appreciated!

JamieWG
07-06-2008, 08:21 PM
David, 22 sold, WOW! Congratulations.

I always know I'm in for a treat when I open one of your threads, and this one is no exception. I love the blue hills, long format, and splash of light in the foreground.

Jamie

digitalis
07-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Thanks Jamie - I was absolutely thrilled! And thanks for the generous comments. It was a lovely place to paint with good compositions in every direction.

Margaret 59
07-06-2008, 11:34 PM
Heck David, you did really well with your show and here's another beauty to add to your next one!!
I expect the Tweed Valley would be near Tweed Heads?

digitalis
07-07-2008, 01:57 AM
Hi Margaret - thanks, and yes - it's in the same area. I was just south of Murwillumbah which is slightly south and inland from the coast.

edtree
07-07-2008, 01:10 PM
:wave: I love the panoramic view here, David! Gorgeous scene and as always, you've done such a great job painting it. I'm so happy for you that your show went well and you sold so many paintings! Congratulations!!!!! :clap: :D

Elizabeth

debee
07-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Beautiful painting! Congratulations on the show and sales!

digitalis
07-07-2008, 07:41 PM
Thank you Elizabeth and Debbie for your warm comments!