PDA

View Full Version : Preparing Mat Board For Pastel Work

maggie latham
07-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Hello everyone,

For any new members that may have missed my thread last year on how I prepare mat board for pastel work, I have re-posted instructions on my Blog:)

Maggie.

Snowbound
07-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Thanks, Maggie. I didn't miss the thread, but I like having access to your blog and all the other wonderful things you have to teach through example and experimentation.

Dayle Ann

pui
07-06-2008, 01:09 PM
thanks very much Maggie. :)

ElsieH
07-13-2008, 10:13 PM
:wave: Thanks so much Maggie.
I went to your web site and enjoyed reading it, including the Mat Board pastel surface instructions.
I have your site as one of my favorites.

scall0way
07-14-2008, 03:43 PM
Thanks, I've subscribed to your RSS feed now so I won't miss other tips. I enjoyed reading about the mat board. The Jerry's by me is now selling Canson mat boards in tons of different colors, standard 16x20 size. I was looking at them, thinking they looked nice and sturdy, and might make a good pastel support. Thanks for the tips on how to prep them. I'll certainly have to give it a try. I might even have some gesso and art spectrum primer at home. Now I just need the mat board. :)

maggie latham
08-02-2008, 06:31 PM
Hello Dayle Ann, How are you? Wish I had more pastels paintings to show, but have had a busy year with moving and have been painting mostly in watercolour as it is a very transportable medium.

Pui: You are very welcome.

Elsie: Glad my Blog is helpful. I am trying to keep it technique informative rather than just my daily rantings about life.

Debbie: Thanks for looking. Let us know how you get on with working on this surface.

Maggie