PDA

View Full Version : What I made Last Night-

Lenda
07-16-2002, 01:39 PM
This is what I made last night. I cleaned them and put them on a leather cord. Then I decided to where them just tied around my neck. Then I liked them sooo much, I put a catch on them for good. I tried to do as many techniques as I could, of course I'm not showing the FLOPS!!hehe

Lenda:D

craftylady
07-16-2002, 01:50 PM
Good job Lenda. The dots look good. I like dots so I practice, practice, practice. I wish mine looked as good as yours.:cat:

Lori Robbins
07-16-2002, 02:48 PM
Very nice! Wear them with pride!

Mike E etc
07-16-2002, 03:33 PM
Very nice job on all of them Lenda, I particularly like the black and white bead. How would intense black work?
Mike E

anasazistudios
07-16-2002, 03:37 PM
Excellent work Lenda! Your dot placement and stripes are very nice!

Elizabeth

JodiPrice
07-16-2002, 03:52 PM
Lenda,

They are so pretty! I really like the bumpy ones!
I also love your perfect striped beads, how do you get them to be so perfect?

I have tried doing the stripe thing so many different ways and cannot get an even spread out of the lines all the way around the bead.

Would love for you to share how you do that if you wouldnt mind.

Thanks!

b2beads
07-16-2002, 04:05 PM
Great technique - stripes about as perfect as could be! Dots, too. (Hate 'em both - mine, that is - too much caffeine...) And I do the throw them on a leather cord or a "bead friendly" silver chain and wear them as is. Just can't resist and I know if I wait until I do a "finished" piece, I'll never wear them! Love to hear your stripe technique. B2

Lenda
07-16-2002, 05:40 PM
Gosh, I thought everyone knew how! I read it on ISGB archives, but also found one poster "secret". She told of the technique and said This is the Secret.

You make your bead into it's shape. Then place dots evenly spaced around the "belly" of the bead. THE SECRET IS: to then use your bead base color to make small dots(or you can use a contrasting color, or clear) in between the first dots. Next you melt in all the dots just a LITTLE, you then put clear just over the dots, several layers, so it looks like saturn. Heat and turn the bead and you will see the surface friction start to make your dots into stripes, sometimes you have to add more layers of clear to make the stripes extend to the bead hole--
Hope I don't confuse you

and Mike, I had the same thought!If I wouldn't have run out of the GOOD BLACK, (DARN)they probably would have been much more contrasting,

Lenda:D

ValorieCox
07-16-2002, 06:54 PM
Lenda,
Thanks for sharing your tip. I also found success with the 'secret' in between dots, but didn't know about the 'multiple' rings of saturn. I'm going to try that tonight! ;)

Valorie

Kathy Champion
07-16-2002, 09:42 PM
Great beads and great diversity in your techniques! Thanks for sharing.

Kathy

mistymade
07-16-2002, 11:31 PM
Hi Lenda,
Awesome beads! I've got my eye on the blue dotted one on the right side (4th one down) the dots are just so plump and perfect! You did a great job on all of them!!!:D
Misty

macbeth7
07-19-2002, 03:11 PM
Nice mix of beads, Lenda! :clap:

Beth