PDA

View Full Version : trip to candy "pastel" store

Artistammy
07-03-2008, 12:33 PM
I got to go to the Artisan-Santa Fe store in Taos yesterday. It was so much fun to try them & test the colors before buying. I had hoped they'd have some Mt Vision & Great American to try also. But they had Schminke, Unison, Art Spectrum, Sennelier, & Girault (of the softer ones). I"ve got lots of Sennelier already so I bought some Schminke, Unison, & Art Spectrum. I liked the Unison I bought last year alot.
I also bought a sheet of Colorfix paper.
It sure adds up fast. I had intended to stay under $50 but ended up with $70.:eek: I can't buy but very limited open stock where I live & buying colors on the internet has been iffy. I'm going to want to buy that new book about all the colors. I best get in a show & sell some first after this shopping trip!! lol
Tammy

Piper Ballou
07-03-2008, 12:52 PM
Tammy,
Glad y ou had a good time shopping....that is my type of shopping for sure.
piper

Paula Ford
07-03-2008, 01:13 PM
What...no pictures???

Sounds like it was so much fun Tammy!

(Piper, so nice to see you!)

Artistammy
07-03-2008, 01:34 PM
I knew you all would want a photo as soon as I started to type. I'll add one later.
Tammy

Artistammy
07-03-2008, 01:46 PM
This doesn't look it would cost that much. I need more softs in every color but maybe green & blue.
Tammy

Deborah Secor
07-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Only $70? My husband calls Artisan 'the $200 club'! I so seldom get out for much less... and I'm 2 blocks away!! :eek:

Deborah

Wrichards
07-03-2008, 05:11 PM
that Unison red is NICE!

Artistammy
07-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Deborah, at least you're making more money with your pastels. I've been hoarding my paintings saving up a group to be in a show. When I get home from vacation I hope to finally set something up. Then I won't feel so quilty about spending money on supplies. I don't really think those termites are going eat me out of house & home too soon.:evil:
Tammy