PDA

View Full Version : Need your good thoughts and prayers....

susme48
07-03-2008, 12:34 AM
Hi, everybody! I know this is not exactly art related, but since y'all are like a 2nd family to me...I am coming to you for support of a different nature than usual. I posted in the Café, but I know some of you don't come in there....so...I am posting here too, I hope that is ok.

This afternoon, my husband Bob had some sort of cardiac incident...they are not 100% sure it was a heart attack...but pretty sure. Tomorrow am they are going to do a heart catheterization on him, to see if there is damage or blockage. They are concerned because the chest x-ray showed some fluid around the heart, and the heartbeat has been very irregular. His oxygen rate was low, so they are monitoring him for that, also. Hopefully the tests will show them what it wrong, and I am praying that it is a simple fix.

If it is heart related or sugar related, I believe it will end his trucking career, and he would not take that well. He already told me he is taking the load on his truck this weekend..."no matter what"....but I am not sure that the Dr. will agree to that.

He will be in the hospital in Oxford, MS. for at least today and tomorrow. He and I would truly appreciate all of your prayers and good thoughts! I will try to send updates as often as I can!

Thank you! Susan

eliza ollin
07-03-2008, 12:44 AM
Oh Susan, I'm so sorry to hear this, it must be so scary right now. Please know my thoughts are with you...

Lulu
07-03-2008, 01:10 AM
So sorry to hear that Susan, please be assured of my healing thoughts and prayers.

oicclouds
07-03-2008, 01:11 AM
Wetcanvas mojo for you here! Vicki

shunter
07-03-2008, 01:17 AM
Susan -

Thoughts and Prayers for you and yours!

Steve

mscash
07-03-2008, 01:24 AM
My thoughts and prayers and best wishes are for a full and speedy recovery for your husband.

sonita
07-03-2008, 01:24 AM
Oh Susan, I am sorry to hear about these news! I will include Bob and you in my prayers....sending you two lots of good, positive, healing and happy energy!!! Stay strong dear, everything will be okay!
Soni

susme48
07-03-2008, 01:26 AM
Thanks, Eliza, Lulu and Vicki!! I truly appreciate it!!

~~Kathleen
07-03-2008, 01:54 AM
Susan, check your PMs
~~Kathleen

Chia
07-03-2008, 02:09 AM
Hi Susan, I'm sending out positive healing vibes for your husband and lots of strength to you. Best wishes, Coralie

Vanilla_au
07-03-2008, 02:16 AM
My thoughts and prayers are also with both your husband and yourself..take care.... Regards Annette :)

connievanwinssen
07-03-2008, 03:21 AM
Hope all turns out for the best!:)

chammi kaiser
07-03-2008, 04:15 AM
Dear dear Susan. How very worrying for you - also that fierce pride that our men seem to display when they are threatened. I do hope the doc will make sure your hubby handles things sensibly. My loving thoughts are with you . A warm fuzzy hug from me.

howyadoin
07-03-2008, 05:07 AM
My fingers are crossed. Here's hoping it's nothing too serious.

edtree
07-03-2008, 06:57 AM
Oh no, Susan! Of course, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband. I am believing for a positive outcome!:heart: Please keep us posted!!!!

Elizabeth

noodle1
07-03-2008, 08:38 AM
Susan,

My heart and prayers join together with the others for you and your husband.
Be at peace it will all be tended to, God is good. His works of art are very precious to Him.

Elaine

Lady Carol
07-03-2008, 09:22 AM
Susan, sorry to hear about Bob. Definitely keep us up to date. We will be praying for you.

Kryan
07-03-2008, 09:29 AM
My thoughts are with you both. Here's to a speedy recovery!

purplepansey
07-03-2008, 09:49 AM
Susan, your husband certainly has my prayers and for you as well to remain strong support for him. Please let us know how he is doing , love to you both.

gurleygirl
07-03-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm sending you both light and love.
Tracey

susme48
07-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Thank you , Cheryland Soni! I think we crossposted...lol.

Thank you Kathleen, Coralie, Annette, Connie, Chammi, Bret, Elizabeth, Elaine, Carol, Kryan/Kathleen, and Purple!!

Thank you all so very much for your support!!

SunsetSue
07-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Susan, my heart goes out to you, it is so scary when a loved one is ill. Bob sounds a lot like my hubby and I hope you will be able to talk him into taking whatever time he needs to get well. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Katwyld
07-03-2008, 11:39 AM
*big hugs*

arl
07-03-2008, 11:42 AM
My good thoughts are with you and your husband.

eyepaint
07-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Sending you both big hugs.

Linee
07-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Praying here!

lawton
07-03-2008, 02:38 PM
God, please look over Susan, her husband and family at this trying time. Give them peace to handle whatever situation is set before them. I pray for your mercy that it is treatable, and ask for your wisdom guiding the doctors hands to correct this heart condition. In Jesus name.

Amen.:heart:

NDee
07-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Powerful prayer warriors here at WC. We're all keeping you wrapped in our hearts.

PiKoonMo
07-03-2008, 03:24 PM
here's hoping the best for you and your husband!
-adrian

busy91
07-03-2008, 03:25 PM
I will be praying for him.

*Violet*
07-03-2008, 03:43 PM
so sorry to hear this !! ... you and your hubby will be in my thoughts ... *hopes and wishes and healing vibes* are sent your way !! ... keep us posted !!

changingpaths
07-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Susan, so sorry to hear about Bob. Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers for both of you. Hopefully the procedure today will go well, and he will be fine. Then you can worry later about his trucking. One step at a time is the easiest way to get through. (Having had cancer and lupus I know how overwhelming everything can get. Hang in there.)

Big Hugs,

rmc
07-03-2008, 06:15 PM
Lots of hugs and thoughts to you and your son for strength, and prayers for your husband for the doctors to treat him expediently and bring him back to full health - lots of love to you, Susan

Breton
07-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Susan, so sorry to hear this! You're both in my thoughts. Hoping it's something small that can be easily dealt with. Hang in there!

Hugs

lb

amotwell
07-03-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm praying for you and yours, too.

George Servais
07-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Sorry for your troubles. Positive vibes going out to you both,:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

LavenderFrost
07-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Sending positive thoughts your way. I hope everything is ok.

susme48
07-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Thanks, Sue, Kat, Arlene, EP, and LInda!!

Lawton, thank you so much!!

Thank you, Nancy, Adrian, Liz, Violet, Cyndi, Ruth, Laurie, Angela, George, and Michelle!!

You are all so great!!! :heart:

This is the latest update...While they were inside doing the heart catheterization, they found that 1 of the five bypasses done about 8 yrs ago was completely blocked, and one was almost blocked in two places...the other 3 seemed reasonably clear. This being one of those cases where 2 out of 5 was NOT good, they put in 3 stints. They basically said what the other drs had said...heredity, and now diabetes is causing the arteries and veins to clog.

He is feeling much better this evening, actually getting grumpy and restless...lol. They said that he can probably go home tomorrow. But no driving trucks till he can pass a stress test...and they cannot do that for at least 10 days. So I will have company at home...and I don't expect him to be very cheerful about it. But as the dr. said, Rules are rules, whether we like them or not.

Thank you all, again, so much for your thoughts and prayers!! We both appreciate all the support!!

susme48
07-04-2008, 12:21 AM
You know what MoonRise....I am SO sorry I spelled it wrong! I have had a really really stressful day....very little sleep last night. Sometimes I am NOT perfect. I only made it a few levels in the spelling bees when I was a kid; I only tested 4-5 grade levels above the rest of my classmates, where as it seems you must have had me beat all over! I guess my 165+ IQ can't compare to all the knowledge you have. It does not seem to matter what I put up....you find something to criticize. On my paintings, I do ask for C&C...but I did not ask for in here! Maybe you might want to think before you type, about how you might make someone feel!

Vanche
07-04-2008, 09:17 AM
My thoughts and prayers for your husband's fast and complete recovery and for you a lot of strength and health to go through this hard time in your lives.

Dewi
07-04-2008, 09:32 AM
Susan, prayers for you and yours.

susme48
07-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Thank you Vanche, and Dewi!!

edtree
07-04-2008, 11:50 AM
:wave: Hi Susan!

Thank you for taking the time to keep us posted on hubby's condition. It's wonderful what they can do with hearts these days. What you described sounds much like what my step mother has gone through the past few years. It's still very scary, both for the person going through it, and the family. This is probably one of the reasons your husband is so grumpy. I think it's hard to admit sometimes that we are mere mortals. I'll bet he's glad to have such a dedicated and patient person (you) to take care of him while he recovers.:) I'm still there with you in spirit and praying for quick healing and that things will get back to normal again soon. :heart:

Hugs,

Elizabeth

Chia
07-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Hi Susan, Glad to hear that things are being taken care of & I hope you have someone nearby to take care of you in these stressful days. Continued wishes for good health for your hubby (and you too!). :grouphug: Coralie

~~Kathleen
07-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Elizabeth said;
It's wonderful what they can do with hearts these days.
I would just like to add, "Especially when they are as big as yours & Bobs!":heart:
I am smiling today!
~~Kathleen

susme48
07-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Thanks, Elizabeth!! It is wonderful how much they have improved what doctors can do these days!! One thing we learned was that the man who did the stents, is one of the leading Interventional Cardiologists, and has done more stents than anyone else in the US. This added to the comfort level a bit!

Coralie, Thank you!! Nobody but me here...but we will make it. If I needed her, my daughter would come.

Thank you, Kathleen!!!

I am hoping this is the final update!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that Bob is home! He passed the excercise test this am, with flying colors, and is scheduled for his stress test next Friday. He is actually not objecting (too much) to the foods they want him to eat, and the excercise they want him to do.

Thanks again to all of you!!!

MrsG_SoCal
07-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Susan:
Glad all seems to be going well! My thoughts are with you and DH. FYI, my BIL has stents, and he has lived a happy normal life for the past 10 years since getting them (and continues to thrive).

Li'l Brown
07-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Hi Susan,
I posted earlier but I'm on dialup and it appears not to have shown up. I just came upon this thread and wanted to let you know you have one more supporter sending good karma and prayers for a full and speedy recovery. It sounds like your husband is on that road already!

And don't forget to take care of Susan along the way, hear??

Jesslyn

susme48
07-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Thanks, MrsG....that makes me feel alot better...with all the controversy over stents!!!

MoonRise
07-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Susan,

I'm sorry if my previous reply came through harshly.

It was not my intent at all.

The words that I wrote first and foremost were 'Best wishes and positive thoughts.'

No spelling or other controversy meant or intended.

Peace?

And I still send best wishes and positive thoughts.

debee
07-05-2008, 01:46 PM
Susan, I am just reading this for the first time and sending you and your husband the best of wishes. Please take care of yourself as well and know that you are both in our thoughts and prayers.

tamiboo
07-05-2008, 01:48 PM
Susan, i don't know you well but I do know how stressful it can be when a hubby is ill. I was glad to read that things are better. You are in my thoughts.

Charlie's Mum
07-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Hi Susan - having been away all week I've just returned to find you've had such an awful time!
I do hope your husband continues to improve rapidly - and make life a little easier for you by being less cranky as he feels better and able to do more!!! ;)

Hugs - you need them! :D :grouphug:

susme48
07-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Debbie and Tami, thank you!

Maureen, thanks for the hugs...definitely need them! He seems alot better today! Last night was the first time in 3 days no one woke him up every little bit to check his vitals, etc. so he got to sleep straight thru' the night.

changingpaths
07-05-2008, 11:43 PM
Susan,
so glad to hear Bob's surgery went well. It is amazing to me how they can just go in and even refix bypasses. wow.

Also very glad to hear it sounds like you can both quit worrying about his job. If he passed the first test already. I have a feeling he'll be back on that truck in no time.

Have a good week kiddo. try not to stress.
lots of hugs and prayers heading your way.

susme48
07-05-2008, 11:46 PM
Thanks, Cyndi!!! It is amazing!

Faded
07-06-2008, 08:31 AM
Glad to hear things are going well. My family knows all too well about heart incidents, my Dad had one several years ago. The good news is that as long as your husband listens to the Dr, he should be around for a good long time. (Dad was a bit stubborn, but he's still here!) Best of luck with the whole situation, sure looks like you have the whole wetcanvas acrylics forum behind you :)
-David

zoropb
07-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Hi Sus,

I been traveling for over a week and just read this. I am glad to hear the outcome.
Your such a nice person and artist and always so supportive that you deserve only positive vibes for you and your family.
Thanks for being here.

Sergio

susme48
07-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Thank you, David and Sergio!! I have been amazed at the response, and so pleased!! Y'all are so wonderful!!!

*Violet*
07-06-2008, 12:36 PM
so glad to hear he's doing pretty good ... !! ... all the best for a speedy recovery ... for both of you !!

brusher
07-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Susan: I've been gone from WC for awhile, and was very surprised and sorry to hear of your husband's health problems and your troubles. I hope that you can feel you are "out of the woods" now. My best wishes for a future with lots of painting for you - and a lotta truckin' for him :) He'll be back "On the Road Again" (I'm singing the Willie Nelson song) very soon (!), it sounds like - and I sure hope so. Guess if he takes it easy for "just a little while", he'll be good to go.

You are a very strong woman and very nice, and yes there are a lot of wonderful people here at WC pulling for you, with good wishes, prayers and caring! Good luck and each day will get a little better!

Cathy

susme48
07-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Thanks Violet and Cathy!!

JamieWG
07-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Susan, I'm so sorry for all you've been going through. 'Glad it has worked out okay and that your hubby is back home. I hope you can both de-stress a bit now. Whew....Just goes to show that you never know what may be around the corner, and we truly need to count our blessings every day.

Hugs,
Jamie

susme48
07-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Thanks, Jamie...and you are so right about counting our blessings!!!