PDA

View Full Version : Elephant

craftylady
07-16-2002, 11:19 AM
OK here goes for a good laugh. I tried to make an elephant well this is what it looks like. Tell me what to do to make it look better. Just tell me what you think!!!

Sable
07-16-2002, 11:35 AM
Not laughing but smiling!

it looks like an elephant. nice! what is the size?

-Josh

craftylady
07-16-2002, 11:41 AM
1 inch by 1 inch not real sure how you size a bead. I hope that helps thanks for the nice comment... you guys are to sweet. And good for ones ego

Mike E etc
07-16-2002, 12:57 PM
Very nice elephant craftylady, as an elephant collector I am an authority:cool: NOT! ;) I really like the trunk. Maybe bigger ears and you have to add tusks;) Show us another one, elephants are a blast.
Mike, peanut... shush, E

Lenda
07-16-2002, 02:27 PM
So "L"- you say you want to make dots as well as mine-but here you are putting out ELEPHANTS!!!!! He is very cute, and yes, like Mike says, I think his ears could be bigger. Don't they believe(?) that it is good luck when an elephant has it's trunk in the up position?? Just a suggestion-

Lenda:D

BAM
07-16-2002, 02:29 PM
Very cute. He'd make a nice pin.
Betty

Lori Robbins
07-16-2002, 03:07 PM
I like him just the way he is. SO CUTE!!!!!!!!

b2beads
07-16-2002, 04:16 PM
What a cutie - Ted would like him. Yep, bigger ears (extending up higher) and I'm thinking the trunk should be narrower where it meets up with the head. Did you look in the reference library under animals? May have some elephants in there - that's where I found my zebra...

B2

b2beads
07-16-2002, 04:19 PM
OK, my first look at him, I immediately saw "elephant" (which, I'm sure makes you happy :D ) But then, when I went back and looked again, trying to see what else he COULD look like, I'm thinking "Stingray"! Could do some really cool stingrays with those whip-like tails (though that might be too fragile...) Just a thought... B2

craftylady
07-16-2002, 04:31 PM
You are all so kind. Thanks for the words of advice. Thanks for all the positive feed back. The stingray thing good idea. Looks more like that than an elephant. Well here in Alabama we are roll tide fans. So that is in big demand an elephant. So I have tried to make an elephant several times. One turned out looking like a rat. Well thanks again all you wonderful people. "L"

mistymade
07-17-2002, 12:28 AM
When I first looked at it, I thought "Stingray", but it also looks like an elephant. I guess it could go both ways! Wait a minute, did you say you were a newbie? No way! :D
Misty

b2beads
07-17-2002, 12:37 AM
My total ignorance and lack of interest in college football (gasp!) will become very apparent, but exactly what is "roll tide" and how does that relate to an elephant??? (Yes, I've HEARD of them before, and I know the songs, but never got it. I mean, what IS a crimson tide? I came from a school that left no ambiguity - South Carolina Gamecocks - what could me more all American than that?)

Sorry, off topic, but always wondered. B2 (who's actually not even sure she got the right sport...)

Ann*S
07-17-2002, 01:14 AM
B2...or Bethie..hmmm maybe too cute? Anyway, The only reason I can figure this out is because my high school ...many many years ago was 'High Tide'. Tides roll...you know like roll to the beach and back out. I think roll tide means to roll on and win or take everything along with you?!
Ann
and I think the elephant is adorable...perfect and rolling along!

macbeth7
07-19-2002, 03:13 PM
Cute elephant! I agree on the bigger ears. :clap:

Beth