PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to a new Industry Partner

Kathryn Wilson
07-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Kate and I would like to bring to your attention that we have a new Industry Partner:

Let me introduce myself - my name is Marie Meyer, I live in Santa Fe, NM. I've been coming to WC for about 2 years now. I've recently published a buyers guide for pastels, and my company, Huechroval, is now a WC "bronze partner".

For more info about my book, please visit my website: http://www.huechroval.com

As a WC partner, I have a forum located on the main Pastels page.

Marie's forum page is located at the bottom of the Pastel forum channel page - please visit and give her a warm welcome :clap: :clap: :clap:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/channels.php?s=&channel_id=21

Tressa
07-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Congrats Marie!!!
The book looks great!
Tressa

Kathryn Wilson
07-01-2008, 08:18 PM
For the newbies and others who are not familiar with Industry Partners, they are businesses who contribute to the financial stability of Wet Canvas. They each have their own forum pages where you can contact a representative with questions or help resolving a problem.

Marie @ Huechroval
07-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Thanks, Kathryn & Tressa. If anyone has questions about the book, please fire away!

Marie Meyer

Tressa
07-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Marie, do you have any thoughts or recommendations on using your book as a teaching element, and how it could be best utilized?
Tressa

Marie @ Huechroval
07-01-2008, 08:47 PM
I've already gotten feedback from instructors that it is a very good tool for explaining the three attributes of color - hue, chroma and value.

I'll quote Tony Ryder, a fabulous artist who runs the Ryder Studio School here in Santa Fe and also does workshops at the Andreeva Portrait Academy: "It's a remarkable piece of work. Your explanation of hue, value and chromatic intensity is very clear. I wish everyone understood these three variables; it would make my job as a painting teacher much, much easier."

I've also had some feedback from some learning artists who told me that a quick flip through the book taught a great deal about the reality of color - especially low chroma colors, and how to recognize what hue family they belong to.

It also illustrates an aspect of color that everyone needs to understand - that different hues reach their maximum chroma at different values. (In other words, you can't have a dark, high chroma yellow, etc). Each of the color pages is arranged with value as the vertical axis and chroma as the horizontal axis, so as you fan through it you get an "animated" illustration of this relationship!

Tressa
07-01-2008, 09:39 PM
That sounds great! I think this would be a great addition to any library.
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly,
Tressa

mrking
07-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Marie just posted new shipping rates to Canada as well. Just ordered mine today due to these changes. I look forward to getting the book.

pui
07-01-2008, 11:40 PM
WoW! very very interesting book, espacially for a newbie like me. Is the book only ordered via the web? How much is the shipping rate for Thailand? :)

dvantuyl
07-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Marie, I odered the book today and I got an email already saying that it has shipped! Will report back when I get it.....I am excited. Great idea and what a big help. Donna

Marie @ Huechroval
07-02-2008, 08:46 AM
WoW! very very interesting book, espacially for a newbie like me. Is the book only ordered via the web? How much is the shipping rate for Thailand? :)
Hello,

Yes, the book is only available from our website.

The shipping rates for any destination can be found by clicking the "Shipping Information" button on this page (http://www.huechroval.com/c-2-pastels.aspx).

To answer your question directly:
Standard: 10 14 days = $14.00
Priority: 6-10 days = $17.00
Express: 4-6 days, includes tracking = $35.00

MM

Marie @ Huechroval
07-02-2008, 08:48 AM
Marie, I odered the book today and I got an email already saying that it has shipped! Will report back when I get it.....I am excited. Great idea and what a big help. Donna

Thank you! We try to ship all the orders on the same day they are received.

MM

pui
07-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Thank you to answer my question, Marie. I recommended your book to my friend, she is interested very much. :)