PDA

View Full Version : Announcement Re Pastel Strokes

Kathryn Wilson
07-01-2008, 08:39 AM
Because the site has been so flaky in the past few days, we are going to postpone the Strokes challenge for this month until the site becomes more stablized. It could be just a matter of days - but we wanted to let you know.

BTW - our July Host is PeggyB - and today is her Birthday!

:clap:

Tressa
07-01-2008, 08:59 AM
25 already???? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Scottyarthur
07-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Happy birthday :)

Deborah Secor
07-01-2008, 10:07 AM
Peggy--I thought we agreed? NO MORE birthdays? Oh wellllllll, if one slipped through you have to do one of two things: ignore it or have a blast celebrating! Enjoy!

And thanks for hosting the Pastel Strokes this month, too.

Deborah

CM Neidhofer
07-01-2008, 10:16 AM
Happy Birthday, Peggy! :music: :clap: :clap: :clap: :music:

I have decided that I will NOT turn 50 at the beginning of the year. I'm going to start counting backwards now. By the time I'm in my 20's again, I'll be so old and senile, it finally won't matter any more!! :p :rolleyes:

Christine

Dougwas
07-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Happy Birthday Peggy!!!!:clap: Did you Know you share your birthday with Canada?

Doug

Paula Ford
07-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Happy Happy Happy Birthday Peggy!!

PeggyB
07-01-2008, 02:59 PM
Thank you all so very much. I am enjoying the day with the one exception of not being able to post my paintings to the Pastel Strokes thread. I think many of you will enjoy trying the pictures that have been chosen.

OK - this is my birthday, and Deborah it is the "getting older" part I'm not acknowledging rather than celebration. Like my Father, I'm forever 39 :lol: In the Seattle paper today there was an article about a lady artist who was 100 years old on June 12 - and still pleine air painting! I knew her when she was a client of the Issaquah Gallery, but had no idea she is still living, still in the same home she built with her husband in the 1950's and still paints daily in her own studio! She no longer hikes into the mountains to paint, and takes her sketch pad to church to draw portraits of people when they aren't looking! :lol: May we all be so healthy and active at 100.

Yes, Doug I do know Canada celebrates it's "birthday" on July 1 so Happy Canada Day to you! :)

Hope to see you soon on the Pastel Strokes.

Peggy

Deborah Secor
07-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Looks like the uploader is working now, as long as you have the image sized properly. :thumbsup: Maybe that means the Pastel Strokes will be able to open soon! I guess having things go wonky all the time wouldn't serve the thread much, so here's hoping it gets going soon...

Deborah

Dot Hoffman
07-01-2008, 04:23 PM
Hey Peggy,
Happy Birthday!!!

Colorix
07-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Peggy, happy 27th birthday. May you have many returns of the 27th birthday. :-D (A Lady is *always* 27.)

Agree, it is lovely to celebrate that one was born, exists, and having friends and loved ones celebrating you.

Older, nah, 27 is the perfect age, innit?

PeggyB
07-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Peggy, happy 27th birthday. May you have many returns of the 27th birthday. :-D (A Lady is *always* 27.)

Agree, it is lovely to celebrate that one was born, exists, and having friends and loved ones celebrating you.

Older, nah, 27 is the perfect age, innit?

Oh I don't know about that 27 thing Charlie - at 27 I had twins that were less than a month old plus their older brother who wasn't quite 2 years old (23 months apart!) :eek: By the time I was 39 I could sleep all night even though the oldest was almost 14 - a couple years later it was another story! :lol: Thanks anyway for the well wishes.

Peggy

PeggyB
07-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Looks like the uploader is working now, as long as you have the image sized properly. :thumbsup: Maybe that means the Pastel Strokes will be able to open soon! I guess having things go wonky all the time wouldn't serve the thread much, so here's hoping it gets going soon...

Deborah

Well it may be working when you tried it Deborah, but not for me at 5:45 pm Pacific time on July 1. I can load my images without a problem because they are the right size, but when I click to insert them there's nothing there. I had this same problem before the site went down. However, at that time I used the quick links image upload and that worked every time. Now they've taken that away so I'm stuck! I wanna play with everyone, but the mean ol' image insert won't let me. :crying:

Peggy

Peiwend
07-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Happy Birthday, Peggy, and may you have many more! By the way, Canada is 141 years old today.

______________________________Wendell

Mette Rörström
07-02-2008, 10:45 AM
Hi Peggy!
Happy Birthday!

Shari
07-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Happy Birthday Peggy!! I hope you are taking the day to do whatever your heart desires.

plindley
07-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Happy Birthday Peggy! I got the new Richard McKinley DVD set for my birthday and a subscription to Pastel Artists magazine... Hope you have as much good fortune!.. am now waiting with much anticipation for the July posting. Since I am going back to Art College on Friday I expect to be all fired up to have a go. That is, if my 'homework' doesn't consume me entirely. All this on top of a full-time job (luckily the children have more-or-less left the nest)!

Bring it on!!!!

Pat

Kathryn Day
07-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Hi Peggy, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Kathryn Wilson
07-03-2008, 07:36 AM
The Pastel Strokes for July has been posted - and successfully!! Whew!

Tressa
07-03-2008, 07:56 AM
Peggy has two gorgous pictures in there!!!!